Lose 5 Pounds A Month July 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• ceeceew
    ceeceew Posts: 21
    Options
    I've never done a challenge here before, so how does it work?

SW (June 30): 198
    July 7:
    July 14:
    July 21:
    July 28:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I haven't been on this thread (or MFP) for a long time. I started gaining weight back and pretty much let everything go. I started weight watchers last week and am hoping weekly meetings will be what works for me. In my first week of weight watchers, I lost 5.8 lbs. That sounds like a lot (especially for ME! Those on here who remember me know I never even reached the 5 lbs/month goal!!) but the first bit always comes off quickly, for me anyways.

CW: 162.4 lbs

Jenn--- I remember back in the good ol' days when we were both in the 140's. Now here we are, again, in the 160's! WTF happened?! :sad: Ah well, we're back and that's what matters! Let's meet in the 140's again! I hope everything is going well with you!

Wow, yes I remember! Glad I have a friend to join me on the "lose it AGAIN" journey. Let's help each other make it last this time. I have to lose this weight because I gave all my bigger clothes away. Stuffing my body into clothes that are too small is not a good look but I need to change my body and not buy bigger clothes, so here we go again. All the best luck to us both! :flowerforyou:
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just checking in.

I dont know about you all, but weekends are ALWAYS my downfall, but even WORSE over a holiday. Last week my weight was 167... I weighed in yesterday at 173!!!!! 6 poundsss :grumble:

I am sooo upset! I knew that I didnt work out enough last week and I definitely didnt eat consciously enough-- but I did not think it was going to be THAT BAD! UGH. Well I'm not willing to give up, but I just feel like i took 10 steps backward. I havent been in the 170's in months and i do not want to stay here.

The downside is that we have family in town this week and its so much harder to get in a workout after work, or eat healthy. Any advice? I brought my lunch and Im tracking my food today. For dinner I will just try and reallybe conscious of what I eat!

BTW... how do i add that new "miles" ticker?? I want that in my signature! lol

Keep up the good work everyone! And thank you for the motivation and support!
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    I busted my butt all June, burning over 19,000 calories, running a half marathon, and being diligent about tracking calories 80% of the time. My goal was to not weigh for a month. I was SO bummed when I got on the scale July 1st, and had only lost 0.8 pounds.... not even one stinking pound!! On the plus side, I lost 6 inches, however, I feel that I have a lost a month and need to kick it into high gear to accomplish my goals, so, I'm hoping weekly weigh ins will keep me on task!

Starting weight... here goes!

07/01/2011: 176.6
    07/08/2011:
    07/15/2011:
    07/22/2011:
    07/29/2011:
    07/31/2011:

IMO inches are better than pounds! Reward your effort, you lost 6 inches! Your gaining muscle and losing fat and becoming much healthier. Screw the scale, do a happy dance you know how hard you worked! :flowerforyou:
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    I went a lil over board this weekend with eating, but I am reallllly proud of myself because I didn't once think "I blew it, bring on the ice cream". I have this feeling of all or nothing that I am trying to shake, and this weekend I won the battle!
    I was a little up on the scale today, but I did my workout and I feel great after taking the weekend off.

Keep drinking water, and move as much as you can! That is my plan...
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just checking in.

I dont know about you all, but weekends are ALWAYS my downfall, but even WORSE over a holiday. Last week my weight was 167... I weighed in yesterday at 173!!!!! 6 poundsss :grumble:

I am sooo upset! I knew that I didnt work out enough last week and I definitely didnt eat consciously enough-- but I did not think it was going to be THAT BAD! UGH. Well I'm not willing to give up, but I just feel like i took 10 steps backward. I havent been in the 170's in months and i do not want to stay here.

The downside is that we have family in town this week and its so much harder to get in a workout after work, or eat healthy. Any advice? I brought my lunch and Im tracking my food today. For dinner I will just try and reallybe conscious of what I eat!

BTW... how do i add that new "miles" ticker?? I want that in my signature! lol

Keep up the good work everyone! And thank you for the motivation and support!

I just returned after gaining some weight back, but I use to bring a bag of baby carrots in my purse when I had a dinner to go to out, instead of the bread bowl or the chips on the table eat the carrots. They will fill you up before the meal, and keep you busy and away from the other stuff.
    As for the workout, I made my sister dinner and then went for a after dinner walk everyday when I couldn't get away to go to the gym. If she didn't want to walk she could stay home and do the dishes. :devil: Don't let stuff like that derail you. It might be fun to get the group into walking with you, or just leave them for an hour for your health.
  • lpitcock
    lpitcock Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I love the challenge!:happy:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well!

I had a small victory yesterday. We had a family get together at my sister's house and made fajitas. In the past, I would stuff myself silly at these things and leave being miserably full. I was kind of worried about going but I just practiced portion control and left feeling satisfied. I was able to eat the same things everyone else was eating but in the correct portions. I don't think I have ever done that before.... ever. It is a really good feeling.

Good luck to everybody this week, and Happy 4th!

That is a great victory to have achieved. Portion control is so important.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I busted my butt all June, burning over 19,000 calories, running a half marathon, and being diligent about tracking calories 80% of the time. My goal was to not weigh for a month. I was SO bummed when I got on the scale July 1st, and had only lost 0.8 pounds.... not even one stinking pound!! On the plus side, I lost 6 inches, however, I feel that I have a lost a month and need to kick it into high gear to accomplish my goals, so, I'm hoping weekly weigh ins will keep me on task!

Starting weight... here goes!

07/01/2011: 176.6
    07/08/2011:
    07/15/2011:
    07/22/2011:
    07/29/2011:
    07/31/2011:

That is great! 6 inches is incredible. I would love to lose 6 and know exactly where I want it to come off.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I am around. I did not get a chance to get on the computer all weekend. I got to go the new Target FIeld yesterday and watch the MN Twins play. That was a blast. We also spent a couple of afternoons out in the boat pulling the kids in the tube. They had fund and I got to work on my tan. Unfortunately we usually snack on chips and junk food in the boat and I could not resist. Hopefully that is not going to set me back too far.

Did anyone get out and get more exercise than usual? Your goal if you are a newbie is to work up to 30 minutes or more per day.

Keep up the good work!

Terri
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    hey everyone so i haven't been on in quite a while. I have kind of fallen off the wagon. Im needing to step it up so im bringing my elliptical back up from the basement and finding time to use it as much as possible even if its only for five minutes at a time. I gained 6 pounds this month and I need so bad to kick it into high gear since im wanting to start trying to get pregnant next month.

sw 156!!!

Waayyyyy too high so ya my body just wouldn't let me get under 150 like it never has in 6 years its gonna be another year and a half at the very least before I get the chance to try for that goal again so im hoping that in two years time I will be at my end goal finally
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    SW 146
    W1 144
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'd love it if I could lose a pound a week, but I tend to do this yo-yo thing where i lose and gain the same pound or two for weeks or must don't move at all for weeks at a time. I think I'm losing inches (I haven't been measuring religiously, but people who haven't seen me for weeks say that I'm looking thinner, bless their hearts lol) but the pounds just don't want to cooperate. I'll try though, I'm determined to keep the workouts at 5x a week unless I'm sick or something unavoidable comes up. Maybe I'll look smaller and still be the same weight! haha.../cry :) But I'll give it the old college try!
  • alymarphi
    alymarphi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    what is totally tall women of mfp?
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    what is totally tall women of mfp?

It's a group that another MFPer created for women 5'9 and above. We just find that our bodies/weightloss tends to be a bit different that our shorter counterparts :) If you search the forums for "Totally tall" I'm sure the thread will come up :)
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I actually got a workout in every single day over my extended holiday weekend. :bigsmile: Now back to work today. :grumble:

I ran another 5K on Saturday, beat my time again 33min 20 sec AND I actually got a medal! 3rd place in my division! WOOHOO!:bigsmile: I was ecstatic! My brother, my niece, one of my nephews, and my cousin Tom all ran it with me. It was HOT & HUMID too, so I was surprised I beat my time.

This Saturday I'm running a 5 mile race! I am going to take it easy & hopefully I will finish in under an hour. Its supposed to be in the 90s and humid again. UGH!

Today I finished Level 3, Day 4 of Jillians 30 day shred. I haven't missed a day yet! However I'm headed to Chicago on Saturday after my race, so not sure if I will miss a day or not. 24 days straight so far....I'm pretty impressed with myself and Bru too! Its awesome being in this challenge with her! :drinker:
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Jennplus2- Thanks for the advice! I'm definitely taking charge or my workouts and eating today. No more slacking!

Kintegra- Thats so great you got in a workout everyday over the loing weekend! And congrats on beating your time! All your hard work helps motivate me!

Today is my day to get back on track. I will be working out and I brought my lunch and the visiting family will not be here to shove food in my face lol. Keep working hard everyone!
  • ndkreydt
    ndkreydt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I weigh in at 171 lbs.
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    hey everyone so i haven't been on in quite a while. I have kind of fallen off the wagon. Im needing to step it up so im bringing my elliptical back up from the basement and finding time to use it as much as possible even if its only for five minutes at a time. I gained 6 pounds this month and I need so bad to kick it into high gear since im wanting to start trying to get pregnant next month.

sw 156!!!

Waayyyyy too high so ya my body just wouldn't let me get under 150 like it never has in 6 years its gonna be another year and a half at the very least before I get the chance to try for that goal again so im hoping that in two years time I will be at my end goal finally

Yay, nice to see you are back! Amanda and I just returned as well and I'm in the same boat as you are, back up to the 160's! Arg
    But we can help each other to lose this weight again, good luck to you and so happy some of us from the old group are coming out of the wood work. :flowerforyou:
  • angelawilliams29
    angelawilliams29 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am around. I did not get a chance to get on the computer all weekend. I got to go the new Target FIeld yesterday and watch the MN Twins play. That was a blast. We also spent a couple of afternoons out in the boat pulling the kids in the tube. They had fund and I got to work on my tan. Unfortunately we usually snack on chips and junk food in the boat and I could not resist. Hopefully that is not going to set me back too far.

Did anyone get out and get more exercise than usual? Your goal if you are a newbie is to work up to 30 minutes or more per day.

Keep up the good work!

Terri

Hey there!! Yes!! I was able to work my booty off (literally, hopefully!!!) over the long weekend!! My hubby & my son (8 years old), & I all went camping...it was Soooo much fun!!! We stayed in our tent in an awesome park (we had a/c, so it was nice!!! I live in TX & it is hottttt here!!!)...anyway, from the time we got up each day, we went hiking, trail-running, mountain biking, canoeing, etc...super duper fun!!! I burned over 1000 cals each day & we were whooped by around 5 or 6 each evening!!! Lots & lots of fun in the sun!!. A great anniversary weekend (our 5th!) . Then Monday was our weekly summer 5k family race...more exercise & fun!!! We've changed our complete lifestyle over the past 3 months, together as a family & it has been AWESOME!!!!. I'm happy to be a part of this challenge...I must say though, until today I've let that evil scale have too much impact on my day to day life. I've stepped on it wayyy too much & let it rule me on certain days!. I've resolved to myself (& my dear friend who will hold me accountable!) that I will ONLY step on it ONCE a day on Friday mornings to weigh-in for this challenge...then after July, I'm challenging myself to go all of August scale-free!!! I have WAY too many nsv's to be proud of to stay hung up on a number!!! 