Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I have celiac disease, so can't have the real thing. Trader Joe's comes close with these:

gf-joe-joe450.png

I think Oreos and pizza would be the two saddest dietary restrictions of celiac.

The Joe-Joe's are a very, very close substitute and are almost like the real thing. 9/10, I'd say. The cream is ... this is blasphemy... even better than on regular Oreos. At Christmas, they come out with gluten free Candy Cane Joe-Joe's that have bits of candy canes in them. Those are really tasty if you're a fan of chocolate/peppermint like I am.

Now pizza? There's just nothing in the gluten free world that comes close. I don't even bother any more.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    If eating Oreos is wrong then I don't want to be right.

More chemicals for me!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If oreos are poison.

I don't want to be clean. :P
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I have celiac disease, so can't have the real thing. Trader Joe's comes close with these:

gf-joe-joe450.png

I think Oreos and pizza would be the two saddest dietary restrictions of celiac.

The Joe-Joe's are a very, very close substitute and are almost like the real thing. 9/10, I'd say. The cream is ... this is blasphemy... even better than on regular Oreos. At Christmas, they come out with gluten free Candy Cane Joe-Joe's that have bits of candy canes in them. Those are really tasty if you're a fan of chocolate/peppermint like I am.

Now pizza? There's just nothing in the gluten free world that comes close. I don't even bother any more.
    Are you interested in the pumpkin flavor?

• leosmith66
    leosmith66 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Stack three strips of crispy bacon neatly on top of each other, put a single row of 4-6 Oreos on top, depending on the length of the bacon, add three more strips of bacon, and you have a healthy Oreo bacon sandwich. Consume in a cookie-monster style, because no other way is possible. Enjoy!
  • ErikaHope203
    ErikaHope203 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Gosh I love Oreos and any dessert that contains Oreos :D
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Damn. This just reminded me that I forgot my Oreos at home. :(
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

gf-joe-joe450.png

Are you interested in the pumpkin flavor?

I would be, if they had a gluten free version.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised Oreo hasn't churned out a few new flavors.

Flavors I could see them doing for the holidays

Egg Nog
    Peppermint Bark
    Sweet Potato
  • MitsuShai
    MitsuShai Posts: 151 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I prefer chips ahoy cookies! I hate the creme inside oreos; I always scrape the creme out and throw it away.
  • cerise_noir
    edited October 2016
    Options
    MitsuShai wrote: »
    I prefer chips ahoy cookies! I hate the creme inside oreos; I always scrape the creme out and throw them away.

Chips ahoy have chocolate chip cookies with oreo creme! ;)
    http://images.firstwefeast.com/complex/image/upload/wgi2egvs7oe4f9rjbypg.jpg

I would most likely destroy that package...

But, I absolutely love it when a person comes into an appreciation thread hating on whatever is being appreciated. :laugh:
  • MitsuShai
    MitsuShai Posts: 151 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I prefer chips ahoy cookies! I hate the creme inside oreos; I always scrape the creme out and throw them away.

But, I absolutely love it when a person comes into an appreciation thread hating on whatever is being appreciated. :laugh:

eewww that looks so disgusting lol. And I didn't say I hate oreos. I like eating oreos, but I hate the filling inside of it. I hate creme. Like I said before, I usually scrape the filling off and just eat the cookie.

lol I wish you didn't show me that cookie. It will forever be in my nightmares.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

eewww that looks so disgusting lol. And I didn't say I hate oreos. I like eating oreos, but I hate the filling inside of it. I hate creme. Like I said before, I usually scrape the filling off and just eat the cookie.

Eh I hate Chips Ahoys!
  • cerise_noir
    Options

Hahaha... ooops. I get it.

But...I *so* want to try those cookies, because of the oreo creme. I saw them at IGA a couple of weeks ago and thought "Damn, we hardly get anything like this". We don't get many of the oreo flavours here, and it sucks butt.

Eh, you're good. Some come in here going on about how much damage we're doing to our bodies 'eating that crap'. Your post just reminded me of the last encounter. It was quite funny.

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Eh I hate Chips Ahoys!

Hehe. I've only had a few brands of grocery store chocolate chip cookies (don't really crave sweets), but I agree with you there. Only brand I can stand (of the ones I've had) are the Keebler Soft Batch ones.
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

Eh I hate Chips Ahoys!

Hehe. I've only had a few brands of grocery store chocolate chip cookies (don't really crave sweets), but I agree with you there. Only brand I can stand (of the ones I've had) are the Keebler Soft Batch ones.

I really dislike those Wynterbourne, probably as much as you dislike Oreos. So you can have my Keeblers and I'll take your Oreos so we are even :wink:
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    evesmom2 wrote: »

Eh I hate Chips Ahoys!

I really dislike those Wynterbourne, probably as much as you dislike Oreos. So you can have my Keeblers and I'll take your Oreos so we are even :wink:

Deal. LOL
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Keebler soft batch are poop.
    Chewy chips ahoy are great if microwaved a few seconds.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Keebler soft batch are poop.
    Chewy chips ahoy are great if microwaved a few seconds.

Consigned. Although if I'm going to buy packaged cookies that aren't Oreos I prefer Pepperidge Farm Sausalito.