Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    10/1- 4.04 miles
    10/2- Rest/Travel day
    10/3- 3.47

Total: 7.52/60

Today's notes: Running with a cold sucks, I want mine to go away. Ran 3.47 miles because I was tired and slow getting out of the house so I had to cut it short. I'm going to have to start getting up before 0500 if I want to be running five miles again Average HR was 149, so on the high side, but I still ended up with a zone 2 run. These slow zone two runs definitely feel harder than I thought they would be....Maybe running fast too much meant I was running on endorphin and not building my cardio as much, despite running upwards of 12 miles? anyway, though my HR is lower on these runs, I feel more tired, and I take it that that's a sign that I'm running where I should be.
  • 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    First run of the month, 2.1 miles. 37.9 miles to go :)
  • Ray_Libby
    Ray_Libby Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Date Miles MTD

10/1 - 8.35
    10/2 - 7.20 - 15.55
    10/3 - 7.24 - 22.79

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Late to join but in for 20 miles. Only half way through C25K but feeling optimistic.

Nice to see you made it! Lots of runners here!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Orphia what do you really want or need? @vs_shine has some pretty good ideas.

Change of season is upon us, you too right? So more gear? New gear? I didn't deserve it but I bought a Groupon for Botox haha! I have a running fund that's a nice reward. Just there when you want it.

Maybe a run-cation? There are running camps? You definitely deserve something special.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    10/1 - 12.2 mile group run. It was a nice cool morning.
    10/2 - Rest day with much over-eating.
    10/3 - Overslept, but squeezed in a short 3.1 miles.
    exercise.png
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn - Must be one of those Mondays. I intended 5 miles, but settled for 5k after I overslept.
  • BetterMike
    BetterMike Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Setting goal at 55 miles. 25 less than last month to recover from yesterday's first 1/2 marathon.

13.27 miles done yesterday. Saw a friend that I had no idea was going to be in the race and ran with him for a good portion. It really made the miles fly by. As for my performance... I ran a good 10 mile race at about my goal of 9 min/mile but the last few miles kicked my butt. Uphill for about a mile and a half but paces were Mile 11 at 10:11, Mile 12 at 10:48 and Mile 13 at 11:32.

If it had actually been a 10 mile race I'd be very happy but even though I know the common refrain is that since it's my first it's my PB, I still am disappointed by how much I crashed at the end.

My knees are quite sore today. Any idea how long I should take off?
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @Orphia A good reward to buy for running - anything that puts a smile on your face. Love the early morning sunrise pictures. The windmill is an Iconic Symbol of early Homesteaders building there farms. Every farm used to have a Windmill for pumping water for livestock, they have now disappeared from most parts of North America that I have seen. Replaced by electric pumps and Solar powered pumps in remote locations.

Go visit @emmab0902 at the sunshine coast.

@emmab0902 Good luck and have fun at the Australasian Police and Emergency Services Games. Its on the Sunshine coast so once you are done in the pool it will have to be some #40 Sunscreen and beach-site seeing time.

@kristinegift Enjoy your Homecoming. It's our Thanksgiving this weekend so lots of Turkey, pie and visiting will happen. Not a lot of running.

@Elise4270 So how did the leg feel after your run?

My local pool opens tomorrow after a month closure - :D . Just in time for Adult swim club. 30 days no swimming then straight into the club. Promises to be tough for a while.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I'm in for 100! Thanks, Stan!

Change of plans. I have no mileage goal this month. My October goal is to successfully deal with this calf strain and then start a slow, conservative ramp up up for my April ultra

I had to walk the the last quarter mile of my run Friday morning because of the calf pain. I am encouraged that this is muscle pain, not tendon pain, so it should heal up fairly quickly. I'm taking at least a week off of running and I'll test it again Saturday morning.

The timing is not good. We ate our way through Milwaukee over the weekend and I could really use the calorie burn from running. I'll try to get some biking in, but I'm not crazy about biking at after dark.

0/0 miles
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Not sure what it is about Mondays that make my anxiety go thru the roof. If things don't get better, I'll definitely need a run tonight. It'll have to be a short one, since I did a long run (for me) yesterday.
  • Ericsmi
    Ericsmi Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Goal: 50 Mi Run / 50 Mi Walk
    10-1 3.69 mi run 3.69 mi run total
    10-2 7.04 mi walk 7.04 mi walk total
    10-3 3.24 mi run 6.93 mi run total

*added the walking goal for incentive.
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

1/10: 5.09 km (running and squatting in a cornfield scaring people in my PT job for Halloween season)
    2/10: REST
    3/10: 5.02 km (treadmill 1/3 interval, 2/3 steady pace run) + 20 mins yoga + strength exercises (arms and core)

Current PR: 5K in 32:50 / 10K in 1:12:07 / 20K in 2:45:11

Races:

20/10-01/11: Zombies Run! App 2016 Fall Virtual Run
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    10/3 - 1.8 miles, 18.2 to go

Wk5 day3 of C25K, so my first time running 20min straight in quite a while. I was feeling unstoppable for the first 14 minutes, then my right hip started whining. Wah wah wah. I crouched a bit and had to go to a teeny tiny stride to shut it up. Happily I was in my basement so no witnesses.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    1: 4.02 miles (aerobic)
    2: 6.01 miles (long with 5 x 1/4 mile zone 3 intervals)
    3: 3.00 miles (recovery)

exercise.png

Upcoming Race: Oct 23rd Vancouver Rock n Roll Half-Marathon
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Phew, I survived the hardest weekend in my training plan!
    Yesterday was 16km at marathon pace (or what I hope my marathon pace might be...), this afternoon 30km long run. My legs were still tired from the tempo run yesterday evening, but that feeling went away after the first few kms.
    I was enjoying the lovely autumn weather, until I started feeling hungry. And not for sweet carb stuff, I sipped about 250ml of homemade "gel" (50/50 mix of honey and lemon juice), but at that point, I wanted REAL FOOD - something hot that required chewing. I realised then that I had forgotten to eat lunch. I probably spent the next 3kms thinking about nothing except what I would eat once I got home - I'd bought all the ingredients for chicken wraps, but slicing stuff and frying stuff and whatnot before getting something to eat suddenly seemed like too much work after all that running. I have to admit, my solution was to change my route so that I found myself at the front door of a McD exactly after finishing my planned 30km. Got some takeaway cheeseburgers, stuffed them into my hydration backpack, and jogged the last ~2km home. I have to say, physically the hardest part of the run were probably the first few hundred metres after the 5min stop at McDonalds! It's like my poor legs thought the running for the weekend was finally over, and when I started running again, every single muscle screamed it's complaints. Maybe next time I should jog in place while I wait for my order :p
    Haha! You're not the first to stop at McDonald's out on a run (race)!
    You're right, now that you mention it, I remember that too! Wasn't it @LoneWolfRunner (forgot the new name, if it still exists?) who got hungry during a half marathon? Back then I thought it was crazy, today I can totally understand the feeling B)
    Though I did enough loops on the parking lot to finish my "official" distance before getting the burgers. The run home was not really part of my training, that was just because walking would have ment longer waiting and cold food. :wink:

I think it was @CodeMonkey78 during a full. I'm sure @Stoshew71 et al remember. Bet it was the best snack ever!

I always give into hot and ready pizza post run.

It was Doug Pickard (aka SonicDeathMonkey). It was during a half in Chicago I believe.

Correction:
    It was actually the Kentucky Derby Mini Marathon (HM).
    https://www.strava.com/activities/292277092