Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• N1keS0cc8rRunne7
    N1keS0cc8rRunne7 Posts: 43 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Extremely depressed. Didn't want to work full-time. Didn't want to socialize. Didn't want to date (it's not like anyone was interested either). I just wasn't comfortable at all. Things had to change...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I was diagnosed prediabetic and hyperlipidemic. which is the medical jargon for what i said in English earlier, lol.
  • Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I am really did like the way I looked and I want to be able to be comfortable with myself again.
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I went to Florida, I go every year for a vacation with Family. We went to Universal Studios and I couldn't fit on one of the rides, I was embarrassed and ashamed. :(
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    3/4s of my lovely dresses don't fit!!!
  • BrokeBirkin
    BrokeBirkin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I went to try on cute lingerie outfits at a store by my house with my bf and when I put them on I was terrified to leave the dressing room and was in tears. That was a few years ago and I have been trying, failing, and learning since then. Now I look at my bf and see how scared I am for his health it's not just about me anymore. I was so active as a kid that it's mind altering how lazy my adult life is. I want to be healthy again to have active activities with my bf and not have to worry about him getting diabetes or heart problems everyday.
  • theGarinator
    theGarinator Posts: 58 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Finding that I couldn't just sit in a family members car, I had to crawl in... I think that is what threw me. Also, not being able to do sports and feeling clumsy and fumbling and feeling grotesque.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I took a picture with my sisters and my face was so round and fat. I didn't like it, so I decided to change it.
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Arv7421 wrote: »
    i was told that my knees are suffering due to my weight and if this goes on they need to be surgically replaced... i decided to reduce my weight rather than getting new sets of leg hinges... LOL :wink:

Lol @ new leg hinges aka "knees"
  • heysupersteph
    heysupersteph Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a major surgery two years ago and have put on 30+ pounds since. I was really fit before but physical activity is much harder now. In the past couple weeks I've been drenched in sweat at a rec volleyball game where no one else was sweating, had someone with zero social skills say loudly in front of a group of people that I'd put on weight, and seriously considered not going to an important meeting because none of my dress clothes fit. I've started and given up several times the past year or so, and always think I'm motivated but it doesn't pan out. A couple aspects of my job require that I'm in decent shape, so I'm embarrassed that I'm supposed to be a leader but so out of shape. I'm hoping this is the time I stick with it but I'm not convinced I've hit my rock bottom. Definitely looking for some encouragement and motivation!
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    When I had to have my wedding band cut off of my finger. That was my "wow I need to lose weight" moment that worked.
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I see all the older ppl around me hvng health problems. I don't want to end up like that
  • jnwisniewski22
    jnwisniewski22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are wanting to start a family here soon and before I get pregnant I want to be in good shape so I have no complications. I look at all these fit girls who are happy, and comfertable with their body and health. I want to have that mind set again. I want to look in the mirror and feel confident in a pair of jeans when I leave the house, I'm tired of stretchy pants and t shirts all the time because my clothes don't fit. I want to be fit and healthy and happy.
  • kpie88
    kpie88 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Went to an amusement park and had extreme difficulty getting the restraint secured for the ride I was getting on. Weighed later on when I got home and was the highest I'd ever been, surpassing my previous high by at least 15lbs. I am now down 25lbs and exercising regularly, and feeling a lot better lately.
  • dn0pes
    dn0pes Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was fat.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I was planning a wedding and REFUSED to be a fat bride. It had more to do with picking the dress. I knew I would not be able to get the dress I wanted if I did not lose weight and my mom wanted to come with me and she always gave me anxiety when it came to picking out cloths.

Fast forward 4 years and I never got married. We broke up and all the progress I made was lost ( I gained back 45 pounds) due to depression and a chaotic life. I realized last year that it was time I got back on the wagon and am looking for new inspiration. I gave myself a new goal to not be a fat college graduate. To enter my new life healthy and fit. I plan on running a half marathon on April so hopefully I can find that super fit girl who lost all that weight so long ago and we can cross the finish line together.
  • jillrules169
    jillrules169 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not being able to run or hike with my friends because I'm the first to stop and run outta breath. Plus I wanted to look better for my bf :)