Black Team Challenge Week 4

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    When I weigh myself, I do it first thing in the morning, after I go to the bathroom, before I eat. Any other isn't "accurate" to me. So I've been eating breakfast as soon as I wake up so I won't want to weigh-in and get a "wrong" number.

LOL That's funny to me b/c I ran down the stairs this morning & ate my yogurt first thing for the very same reason :laugh: Scale can't get me now! Although, I do peek throughout the day b/c I'm mildly insane, but I beat it for the "offical" one! YAY!

Mine says NO...you promised Amelia!!!

it has been kicked around a LOT today.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I really hope your mom's hours pick up soon. Hope the the new filter works for you.

Thanks we are lucky enough to have her not working because I would rather pay her then someone else to watch my girls.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    No scale yet! Go me! I am just terrified that I am getting off of track.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :frown:
    A very old family friend passed away today (he was a huge part of my childhood but we drifted apart the last few years).
    I over ate.
    I didn't go the gym.
    I just can't seem to find the energy to do anything. I just wanna sleep right now.
    *sigh*
    It's going to be a tough week. The funeral is Tuesday. I don't do funerals very well.
    Don't know why I'm bugging you all with this but basically if I'm not around until weigh in day that's why and if I gain weight this week that's why too. No excuses but right now that's not easy.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Nicky, I am sorry to hear about the loss you are going through. No, not excuses but reasons why anybody could get off track. I hope you find peace and some happiness as you go through this week.
    (((HUGS)))!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Nicky-I too am sorry for your lost....hugs to you!

Samantha-I will also keep your mom in my thoughts and hope she gets more hours.

I can't believe how bad everything has gotten over the past couple of years....my DH hasn't had one single call back and i know he has filled out over 50 applications. A couple of years back,he would of had a job within week:angry: im just so frustrated right now,didn't sleep very good last night. I cheated last night on my diet:cry: oh well,the scale isn't moving anyway::frown:

sorry to be such a whinner:sick: bbl
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    A very old family friend passed away today (he was a huge part of my childhood but we drifted apart the last few years).
    I over ate.
    I didn't go the gym.
    I just can't seem to find the energy to do anything. I just wanna sleep right now.
    *sigh*
    It's going to be a tough week. The funeral is Tuesday. I don't do funerals very well.
    Don't know why I'm bugging you all with this but basically if I'm not around until weigh in day that's why and if I gain weight this week that's why too. No excuses but right now that's not easy.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.:frown: Don't worry your not making excuses. You just worry about getting yourself in order emotionally. Take the time you need to greive. I had a point where I lost two friends in a year. One of which was very close. one in a car accident and the other in a fire. My friend who passed away in a fire was like a brother to me and I was like a stone at his funeral. I didnt let myself greive him and it tore me up for a long time until I finally let go and let myself feel it. It was what I needed to do to feel better. he was 24 at the time so I don't think I really even believed it happened until long after he was gone. You will eventually find a way to be at peace with it and keep him alive in your memory. My prayers are with you during this time.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Nicky-I too am sorry for your lost....hugs to you!

Samantha-I will also keep your mom in my thoughts and hope she gets more hours.

I can't believe how bad everything has gotten over the past couple of years....my DH hasn't had one single call back and i know he has filled out over 50 applications. A couple of years back,he would of had a job within week:angry: im just so frustrated right now,didn't sleep very good last night. I cheated last night on my diet:cry: oh well,the scale isn't moving anyway::frown:

sorry to be such a whinner:sick: bbl

Not a whinner, It's a very stressful thing and my heart goes out to you punka. Try to remember "This to shall pass". Every bad situation doesnt last forever even though I am sure this one has gone on way longer than you want it too. I will pray for your husband. It will be ok.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Come on folks-- do or do not-- there is no try.

Back away from the scale-- !!!

Have a great day!!

Marla ... CUTE CUTE CUTE pic in your AV!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Thanks-- that's my Caleb-- he's my dollbaby!!

Well, he's really cute, too ... but I was talking about YOU!!! You look like a teenager! :happy:

Well, bless your buttons, my dear Tresa-- :blushing: You make me blush.

Nicky-- hugs, my friend-- hang in there.

Punka-- right there with you-- times are tough-- scary, scary world we're living in right now. DH got the mortgage industry boot on Halloween-- nothing out there in that industry right now. At nearly 50, not many options-- and nine kids. These are the times that try mens souls, they say, eh? How old it gets to live with such stress--

Hubby says I complain too much-- and he's right. It is what it is. What we do with "what it is" shows what we are inside. He's so much stronger than I am.

Oh well-- :ohwell: back to work--

Hugs to all--
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Come on folks-- do or do not-- there is no try.

Back away from the scale-- !!!

Have a great day!!

Marla ... CUTE CUTE CUTE pic in your AV!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Thanks-- that's my Caleb-- he's my dollbaby!!

Well, he's really cute, too ... but I was talking about YOU!!! You look like a teenager! :happy:

Well, bless your buttons, my dear Tresa-- :blushing: You make me blush.

Nicky-- hugs, my friend-- hang in there.

Punka-- right there with you-- times are tough-- scary, scary world we're living in right now. DH got the mortgage industry boot on Halloween-- nothing out there in that industry right now. At nearly 50, not many options-- and nine kids. These are the times that try mens souls, they say, eh? How old it gets to live with such stress--

Hubby says I complain too much-- and he's right. It is what it is. What we do with "what it is" shows what we are inside. He's so much stronger than I am.

Oh well-- :ohwell: back to work--

Hugs to all--

Marla-Im so sorry to hear about your DH'es job lost. You strike me as a very strong women....your right. it is what it is.....i take one day at a time for now. Im sending you some hugs....and some good luck vibes for your DH.

spyguy....your kinds words helped me so much right now....thank you:flowerforyou:

just checking in..i didn't workout today. I havne't logged anything in today,need to go and do that now. Everybody have a great day!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I over ate.
    I didn't go the gym.
    *sigh*

Nicky ... I am so sorry for your loss! Please be kind to yourself and allow yourself time to grieve. You can get back on track again once you are feeling better ... for now just do what you can not to withdraw from the people who love you even though that may be what you feel like doing. Your family will be in my prayers. :heart:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Found a great pic that goes with our challenge and can't manage to get it online.:grumble: :grumble:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss, Nicky. Take care of yourself and we'll be here if you need us.:flowerforyou:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Found a great pic that goes with our challenge and can't manage to get it online.:grumble: :grumble:

Its on my profile, help someone!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Bobbi, I just looked at your profile and that is the exact way I am going to weigh next time! HA-HA! That is great!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    So things have been going well with the weight loss journey but when I was looking in the mirror I noticed that I have quite a few gray hairs now. EEEEK!!!! the DW picks on me for all my gray but golly I am starting to get old lol. At least I am feeling younger! Anyway I found just the thing to solve my problem

bathair.jpg
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    99394_4879.jpg?1232827571

there ya go, Bobbi! That's hilarious! Hold on...does it work that way? :huh: Does it count? I'm going through withdrawl!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    So things have been going well with the weight loss journey but when I was looking in the mirror I noticed that I have quite a few gray hairs now. EEEEK!!!! the DW picks on me for all my gray but golly I am starting to get old lol. At least I am feeling younger! Anyway I found just the thing to solve my problem

bathair.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You crack me up.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Nicky, I'm so sorry. *hugs* Don't be hard on yourself, but just remember that we're here for you if you need us, sweetie. :flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I over ate.
    I didn't go the gym.
    *sigh*

Nicky sorry to hear of your loss! you will be in my thoughts!