New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    wsji0x2g0ixd.jpg

Tried the coconut ones. I love the coconut and sugary topping so good. A LOT denser than the cinnamon ones so it made me skeptical of the calories. I didn't weigh them though. Again I warmed one up and had one cold. I liked the cold one better again, it tastes better, more moist and dense. They had a nice coconut topping that gave a slight crunch and an airy coconut cakelike texture. Reminded me of angel food cake but with coconut. They were a little dry though, that is my only complaint. I liked the cinnamon better but would definitely buy again. 8/10

How long do they stay good for? Do you need to refrigerate them and consume them within a certain timeframe?
  • kaygold
    kaygold Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Was able to find a Fry's that had all of the new Halo Top Flavors! Tried Pistachio last night...As someone who isn't a fan of pistachio ice cream in general, I'm really surprised how much I loved it! The pistachio wasn't over whelming at all. It kind of reminded me of green tea ice cream but with a sweet/salty hint. It was much creamier than the original flavors, so I'm looking forward to seeing if the other flavors, esp the ones with chunks, are as creamy!
  • kaygold
    kaygold Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    kaygold wrote: »
    Was able to find a Fry's that had all of the new Halo Top Flavors! Tried Pistachio last night...As someone who isn't a fan of pistachio ice cream in general, I'm really surprised how much I loved it! The pistachio wasn't over whelming at all. It kind of reminded me of green tea ice cream but with a sweet/salty hint. It was much creamier than the original flavors, so I'm looking forward to seeing if the other flavors, esp the ones with chunks, are as creamy!

Forgot to add I had tried the Salted Caramel Sunday (lucked out and found it a day early to the 10/10 release while grocery shopping). This was VERY good. I found the ratio of ice cream to caramel ribbons to be perfect, and the salty to sweet blend was ON POINT! Very creamy, and I have no regrets buying 2 of this carton...the only thing saving the other pint is my desire to try the other new flavors.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    kaygold wrote: »

I never buy halo top or ice cream because I am not much of an ice cream person. But I LOVE PISTACHIO so thanks for the review I think I may have to try.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    wsji0x2g0ixd.jpg

Tried the coconut ones. I love the coconut and sugary topping so good. A LOT denser than the cinnamon ones so it made me skeptical of the calories. I didn't weigh them though. Again I warmed one up and had one cold. I liked the cold one better again, it tastes better, more moist and dense. They had a nice coconut topping that gave a slight crunch and an airy coconut cakelike texture. Reminded me of angel food cake but with coconut. They were a little dry though, that is my only complaint. I liked the cinnamon better but would definitely buy again. 8/10

How long do they stay good for? Do you need to refrigerate them and consume them within a certain timeframe?

When they came it said freeze upon arrival so I put them all directly in the freezer. Each day I want to have something I take it out in the morning to dethaw :smile: Not sure how long they last in the freezer but I would expect a long time. They unthaw very well.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I checked shop rite and their selection of Halo Top was awful, so I guess it will be a while before I find them. Has anyone checked Whole Foods yet?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    The store locator lied to me :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    The store locator lied to me :(

Sorry :( Did you check the Organic/Natural section? I know that's where Wegmans keeps it for some reason.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    cali08 wrote: »
    I just recently heard about this stuff. A friend sent me a 3 day sample. It's a protein shake, pill, and a patch system. In just the 3 days I had it I lost 1 pound, had better mental clarity, more energy, slept better, and my cravings were down! I kind of want to try more of it. I looked it up and they have different patch formulas you can choose from, vitamins for men and women, and different shake flavors.

Meh I would rather eat food with the occasional shake thrown in every now & then rather than take a bunch of pills & patches.
  • hgycta
    Options
    xp4qdv51l4jq.jpg
    Trieed the smart buns, THEY WERE VERY GOOD!!! I made a turkey sandwich and toasted them. Very very good. They were huge. Almost have a hard time believing only 73 calories. But the stats are amazing and they have 10g protein! I would buy from this company again. The buns were really good. I wouldn't try them cold though because I think they might be kinda gross. bun_plain_web.png

Thanks for all the reviews! Have you noticed any changes in weight? I'm also very skeptical about the claims (especially after my experience with Simply Scrumptous). Usually I do ThinSlim Foods breads, but their desserts just aren't as satisfying. I checked and it doesn't look like Smart-Baking company has their product's nutritionals tested like ThinSlim, they just subtract the calories manually based off insoluble fibers and sugar alcohol content, so I'm skeptical but if they're trustworthy then I absolutely must try them.
  • hgycta
    Options
    68rpih27c0rd.jpg
    Finally got my hands on pumpkin purée for Lil Buff Bakery's pumpkin protein cake mix I got! It was ok but nothing outstanding, my expectations were too high I guess. Tastes like their regular cake mix if I had used pumpkin instead of applesauce and honestly that's probably exactly what this is, their regular formula with pumpkin spices added, which anyone can do. I still like the chocolate the best so maybe I'll use my remaining pumpkin purée with that mix!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @hycgta I have only ate them 3 times, so not enough time to see a change in weight plus I don't weigh myself daily, but after eating them for a week or so I will see if there is any changes. But even if they have 100 extra calories per bun/cake, that still wouldn't be enough to gain over a week of eating every day. 700 calories extra, so would take weeks of eating the products, so I am not too worried lol! I really liked the buns. I am going to prob buy them again after I go through these because I like that they are gluten free. I have a gluten allergy so it causes me upset but I still eat it all the time because gluten is yummy.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    was getting my weekly groceries at whole foods tonight... no new halo top flavors.
    Ive actually never had Halo Top. Ive had a couple bites of samples. Bought the birthday cake! I like the texture so much more then i thought i would. I hate artifical sweetners and stevia so that worried me a lot but it doesnt bother me. Slight artificial after taste.

i am assuming its going to send me to the bathroom but over all pretty good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Fluffbutter_Brownie_Batter_large.png?v=1464027041

I tried this today & was shocked how much I liked it. Of course it won't taste exactly like Brownie Batter, but it did have a nice cocoa taste & didn't seem too gritty like the Nuts 'N More nut butter I tried last year.

So far I've tried this & the D's Natural Vanilla Maple Frosting which was also yummy.

I bought it because GNC had it on sale for $5.00 since it was a few months away from expiration. I was a little scared to purchase it after buying the awful Cracked Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough that tasted like the vomit that would probably spew out of the devil's mouth.

Anyone try this flavor?

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/salted-caramel-sundae-peanut-fluffbutter-10-oz-cream/dsn1017#reviews
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Saw these today bought one to try. I like that they are a bit smaller than the vega one bars. Don't have high hopes but we will see ghi64aixv29wb67.jpg
  • norawaller
    norawaller Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Halo ice cream?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    njwall wrote: »

The only flavor I've tried has been the Birthday Cake & it was good, but pricey considering it's not as good as Talenti.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    njwall wrote: »

Oh yes see if you can search this thread, numerous flavors have been reviewed by people on here!! (I personally haven't)