New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Saw this today at Target and my hand grabbed it before my brain finished reading the label http://www.brachs.com/halloween-products/sea-salt-chocolate-candy-corn/
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Trying to ignore the review on Halo Top so I don't get jealous since Red Velvet is my ultimate flavor in anything...

Has anyone heard of Andrea's Protein Cakery? (https://shop.proteincakery.com/) I saw a sponsored post on Facebook for one of their giveaways and they emailed me a 20% off coupon. I'm a bit curious about their cookie dough bites and cake mix, but I'll admit it gets inconvenient having to add ingredients (as much as I love Lil Buff Bakery's cake mix I'm so lazy and wish after all that money it was all ready for me to just stir in water and microwave). I may try it since it doesn't seem too expensive but if anyone has any experience I'd love to hear that first!
  • kaygold
    kaygold Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    kaygold wrote: »
    Was able to find a Fry's that had all of the new Halo Top Flavors! Tried Pistachio last night...As someone who isn't a fan of pistachio ice cream in general, I'm really surprised how much I loved it! The pistachio wasn't over whelming at all. It kind of reminded me of green tea ice cream but with a sweet/salty hint. It was much creamier than the original flavors, so I'm looking forward to seeing if the other flavors, esp the ones with chunks, are as creamy!

I never buy halo top or ice cream because I am not much of an ice cream person. But I LOVE PISTACHIO so thanks for the review I think I may have to try.

Your welcome! I would def recommend you try it! I actually caught myself craving it yesterday, so once I go through all the flavors I bought, looks like I need to repeat buy the pistachio
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Fluffbutter_Brownie_Batter_large.png?v=1464027041

I tried this today & was shocked how much I liked it. Of course it won't taste exactly like Brownie Batter, but it did have a nice cocoa taste & didn't seem too gritty like the Nuts 'N More nut butter I tried last year.

So far I've tried this & the D's Natural Vanilla Maple Frosting which was also yummy.

I bought it because GNC had it on sale for $5.00 since it was a few months away from expiration. I was a little scared to purchase it after buying the awful Cracked Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough that tasted like the vomit that would probably spew out of the devil's mouth.

Anyone try this flavor?

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/salted-caramel-sundae-peanut-fluffbutter-10-oz-cream/dsn1017#reviews

OMG I need that in my cupboard.. STAT
  • kaygold
    Options
    njwall wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Halo ice cream?

The only flavor I've tried has been the Birthday Cake & it was good, but pricey considering it's not as good as Talenti.

Talenti is really good as well, but I personally can't portion control with Talenti lol with halo top I feel very satisfied being able to eat the whole pint if I want to at 240-360 calories. Plus the protein def satiates me!
  • BigBadVanna
    BigBadVanna Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My Kroger had two of the new Halo Top flavors, red velvet and almond crunch. Of course they were sold out of both. <<curses!!!>> They're on sale right now for 3.99, so I hope they restock soon.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    Saw this today at Target and my hand grabbed it before my brain finished reading the label http://www.brachs.com/halloween-products/sea-salt-chocolate-candy-corn/
    My sister got this last year and didn't like it. I thought it was pretty good.
    My Kroger had two of the new Halo Top flavors, red velvet and almond crunch. Of course they were sold out of both. <<curses!!!>> They're on sale right now for 3.99, so I hope they restock soon.
    Lucky.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I doubt Giant will get the new flavors considering they just started to carry Halo Top.

Still miffed that they don't have Talenti Pumpkin Pie or Turkey Hill's Pumpkin Pie.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2016/10/10/spotted-on-shelves-in-canada-christie-oreo-candy-cane-frozen-dessert/#comments

This sounds so good. I am ready for Peppermint goodies.

Does anyone post on here that's from Canada? If so let us know what you think of this.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Well well well.....I have succumb to the quest new recipe my friends. After running out and not having them for 2 months, I was craving them so bought some and well...they aren't terrible now that I have nothing to compare to. I guess they were so "bad" because I still had the old good ones to compare to. Been liking the WCR and cinnamon roll and chocolate chip cookie dough again lol. :D I am kinda happy I can't remember the old taste because now they taste pretty good.

Now I understand how people who didn't have the old ones nearby to compare/were trying for the first time liked them.

Tried blueberry muffin, really good! I liked the chunks and it had a nice "blueberry muffin" taste to it. Very filling.
    Yeah, I had double chocolate chunk recently and thought it was a lot better than the last time I had one.

• kaygold
    Options
    Tried the new halo top flavor I've been wanting to try the most last night: Peanut Butter Cup. The Peanut Butter Cup base was on point -tasted exactly as you would expect. As much as it breaks my heart, I have to say I was a little disappointed by this flavor. I feel like there should have been more PB swirls to balance out the pint (there was like one swirl in the pint), and I was REALLY hoping for chunks of something in this one. Blue Bunny makes an ice cream called PB Panic (Ermygod so good!!!) and, I was hoping this would be the halo top recreation of. So, while this is absolutely delicious...I'm still feeling a bit lacking over the whole no chunks situation, and minimal PB swirl.
  • Salmanali1997
    Salmanali1997 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Guys I bought Natures own brand Quick cooking white oats. But I don't know that the nutrition table at back is for cooked oats in water or raw.
    Can you please help?
  • Former_chubby_momma
    Former_chubby_momma Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Recently, I bought a Daiya frozen pizza because I had been craving pizza really badly. Bad idea. I ate half of it in one sitting. It was actually pretty good, but the 'cheese' tastes nothing like actual cheese. Not that I really remember the taste of actual cheese lately, but I still knew it was different. Still tasty, though.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Decided to try pumpkin purée in place of applesauce following the recipe from Lil Buff Bakery in their regular cake mix and also in Kodiak Cake's Dark Chocolate Cake mix (I was out of Lil Buff Bakery's cocoa crave mix). I actually prefer the pumpkin when mixed with their regular mix more so than their "pumpkin" flavor which I didn't find sweet at all. The texture was so much better with the regular mix, go figure. Kodiak cakes chocolate mixed with the pumpkin was really good, but it was a bit mushy and bland, it didn't really mix well and I probably won't make it again. But if anyone gets Lil Buff Bakery's cake mix anytime soon get the regular and make it with pumpkin instead of apple sauce!

rrekr5txeois.jpg
    0azkxmpgvgix.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Decided to try pumpkin purée in place of applesauce following the recipe from Lil Buff Bakery in their regular cake mix and also in Kodiak Cake's Dark Chocolate Cake mix (I was out of Lil Buff Bakery's cocoa crave mix). I actually prefer the pumpkin when mixed with their regular mix more so than their "pumpkin" flavor which I didn't find sweet at all. The texture was so much better with the regular mix, go figure. Kodiak cakes chocolate mixed with the pumpkin was really good, but it was a bit mushy and bland, it didn't really mix well and I probably won't make it again. But if anyone gets Lil Buff Bakery's cake mix anytime soon get the regular and make it with pumpkin instead of apple sauce!

rrekr5txeois.jpg
    0azkxmpgvgix.jpg

Aren't those cakes made with Kodiak mixes kinda bland? I mean, the mixes themselves are not sweet at all... although I've been meaning to try to mix some pumpkin and spices with the Frontier mix.