Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @pneschich - my daily calory limit was decided for me by MFP. I assumed that's true for everyone here... isn't it? When I initially set up the app, I plugged in my current weight, height, gender, age, level of activity, and how quickly I wanted to lose - and MFP spit out my calory limit and nutrient macros (personally, I totally ignore those macros). As I lose weight, I periodically update my current weight and my calory limit decreases. Seriously, isn't this how everyone does it? I honestly did not know there's another way...
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @birgitkwood I manually set mine to 1600. According to my dietician for my height weight and age I need 1500 calories to exist. I get blood draws to check my levels and see the dietician and a Dr once a month.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @pneschich -- when I first started MFP, I did what birgit mentioned and used the MFP calculator. Since then, I've used my tracked numbers to employ other methods such as TDEE, but at this point I'm struggling to figure out my appropriate intake at my current ht/wt. I decrease and don't lose. I increase and don't lose. It's a mystery to me. As far as macros, I did a lot of research when I first started MFP and found the general consensus to be that 40/30/30 is appropriate for most people, so that's where I set mine. However, I don't pay as much attention to those percentages as I probably should. :blush:

@tammy-- so good to see you back!! Great news about the DH staying home and the new business and house. Congrats on all fronts, and especially on not gaining any weight through the stress of all those life changes.

Wednesday Wish:
    That I do a better job tomorrow of limiting my carbs. I boiled some eggs and portioned out some cottage cheese to take to work, so at least I'm better prepared. However, there's a still a chocolate cake sitting on the table in our office, so...

Grading Goals:
    1. 3/6 letters of recommendation
    2. 5/10 AP analysis activities
    3. 30/40 Siddhartha reflections
    4. 30/40 Frost journals

Fitness Goals for the month of October:
    Run 1 mile at my fastest pace 3x/month:
    Run 2 miles in 23 minutes 4x/week:
    Run a 5 k in <36 minutes 1x/month:

You vs Year Challenge:
    280 k done/ 720 k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE + mow lawn DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner
    Fri-- walk gunner
    Sat-- walk gunner + gym
  • PALMINADALESSANDRO
    PALMINADALESSANDRO Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My daily goal calorie intake is suppose to be 1260 ...I'm either hitting it or going way under....in 2 weeks I lost 5 lbs and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere :(
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Today was encouraging day! Meant with the surgeon Like him a lot his whole team seem great! My surgery is set for Oct 24 . He encouraged me not to diet to much till after surgery! But I am still putting the practicals into play. No sugars, healthy proteins, low carbs etc. Drinking lots of water.

That is my diet right now.

Thank you all for your encouragment .

Liz
    Idaho
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

I was feeling blue today (it's still Wednesday for me as I haven't gone to sleep yet, but I wanted to write this now anyway,) ... You know that feeling you get when you have spent too much time alone in your own head and your own little world? ... Or maybe you don't know because you have a family around you and a job you go to every day.

Usually I'm fine with my alone-ness, even prefer it. But sometimes I get tired of myself. Especially when I've let 'the beast' out.

The beast came out gradually over the past couple of weeks and started with apples. Apples give me a sweet tooth. But then, so do plums, so maybe the beast has been peeking out for longer than a couple of weeks because the plums were filling me up about a month ago. Then, the beast enticed me to stock up on dry fruit from the bulk food section of the grocery store ... cranberries, cherries, raisins, apricots, dates, figs ... the beast had a recipe in mind for homemade granola and fruit/nut bars packed with goodness. The recipe was lost, the fruit was eaten.

And then, tonight just before I was going to head off to bed I went back on MFP to log that ounce of sunflower seeds I had at 10PM and update my stats on the challenges I'm in ... and there it was ... the blog by SnagTop caught me eye on the edge of my home page. It was an interesting read, but it prompted me to read the one prior and that's when I got hit in the face.

My GOSH ... I had to read some of it twice because it just shocked the heck out of me ... is this person my TWIN? So much of what I read were the exact same words I had used in one of my own musings here and there. And just like that ... ZAP ... I am blue no more. I am not alone. There are other people 'out there' in this electronic world I spend so much time in ... and some of those people are feeling and doing and thinking exactly the way I do.

What a relief! ;)
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options

I had two great NSV yesterday. The first one came in the afternoon when I came back to my desk from back to back meetings to fine a box of some of my favorite cookies. A project team I was helping dropped them off. We partly because someone else was at my desk I didn't eat them. When it was time to go instead of being them home I put them in the lunch room. I know if took some home for the kids and my husband I would eat them all before they got home. So I left them all at work.

Them Wednesday night is the hardest night for me. My husband takes the kids to swimming and I stay at home to make dinner. The problem is that they always want kraft mac and cheese. OMG it is a kryptonite for me. I made a plan in the morning to eat my dinner as soon as I got home, then chew gum while making dinner. Well it worked. I didn't eat a signal bite!!

I'm looking forward to the scale this morning.
  • MrsHull840
    MrsHull840 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth: for the last couple of weeks, I have had no motivation to do much of anything when I'm not working. The kids' homeschooling is stalled, the house is a wreck, and I just want to sleep. Today, I'm going to make a point to go for a run and at least get the basics done for school.
  • pneschich
    Options
    Thursday truth, I was in a rush and misread the menu. I just had 800 calories for lunch. On the plus side it only cost me $6 and change with tax.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/clairenolan/heres-how-to-turn-burgers-into-bowls-filled-with-cheese-and?utm_term=.suxkwpZ9Z#.naj1aX5p5

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Bowl Burgers .... ground Beef recipe.
    INGREDIENTS:
    Servings: 6
    1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
    ½ cup cooked bacon, cut into pieces
    2 jalapeños, minced
    ½ cup ranch dressing
    2 pounds ground beef
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 teaspoons pepper
    6 burger buns
    12 pieces of lettuce
    PREPARATION:
    1. Combine cheese, bacon pieces, jalapeños, and ranch in a bowl. Stir together and refrigerate.
    2. Season the ground beef with salt and pepper in a large bowl, and mix in with your hands. 

3. Grab a baseball-sized piece of beef. Roll it with your hands into a ball and place on a parchment lined baking tray.

4. Using a clean, empty soda or beer can, press the ball of beef around the can to create a bowl. Make sure to smooth out any cracks.

5. Fill the bowls with the cheddar mixture and refrigerate for 2 hours.

6. Preheat the grill to 350˚F/175˚C.

7. Cook burger bowls over indirect heat for 25-30 minutes.

8. Serve with or without a bun with your favorite toppings.

• campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 Mama mia! That burger bowl sounds so good! I think that is going to have to be on the shopping list for the weekend! I'll let you know you if rated the awesome I gave you, somehow I think it will. LOL
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,865 Member
    Options
    Looking back at my beach photo from beginning of last month ... It makes me so sad. :'( I dont feel as fat as I look. I think I look out of place. Whales are suppose to be way out in the deep ocean under the waves; not standing on the shore in a long sun dress and tennis shoes.
  • drogurl28
    drogurl28 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: Today is one of those days I wish my son was in daycare so I can crawl in to bed and sleep all day. This is why i kind of miss being pregnant i because I was on bed rest the whole time. This is a true confession because when I was pregnant I hated every moment of bed rest and complained about pregnancy in general
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thursday Truth....It will be worth it!
    @MermaidPrincessRach it looks like we are both having a downer day. I'm still feeling sick and I'm tired of it, and wanting the solace of food, but I'm fighting it. I hope you are fighting to believe the way you feel, you have worked hard to have. I don't like looking at photos of myself, because I don't like what I see, but what we see now and what we will be seeing is two totally different things. When I feel sad about how I look now, I go to the success stories and luxuriate in the pictures of before the work and the follow up ones where they stayed with it through the hard times. It helps me. Sending you a hug!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @Nikion901 Mama mia! That burger bowl sounds so good! I think that is going to have to be on the shopping list for the weekend! I'll let you know you if rated the awesome I gave you, somehow I think it will. LOL

Seems like an awful lot of black pepper in that recipe, to me. I haven't made it and if I did, it would probably be baked in the oven as I don't grill. If you make it, please do let me know how it turned out.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth. Life keeps getting in the way. No loss for me this week, but it's not hard to figure out why. I just need to be more diligent in working the plan.
    I needed a gift for my new great niece so I got out the xstitch. The arthritis had gotten so bad in my hands that I had put away the handwork for nearly 2 years. I missed it and am happy to report that my hands are much better. I think that I will be able to do some handwork as long as I am sensible about it. My 3 year old granddaughter was watching me do the simple design for a baby bib. She looked back and forth between my pattern and my work. Finally she said, "They match." Today I started another one. She looked at what I was doing and said, "They don't match yet." She keeps me happy.
    @jtconst so good to see you back. Good luck with all the changes in your life. Glad it's going well.
    Have a great weekend. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • pneschich
    Options
    Friday fitness
    Walked every day this week. Short 21 min on tuesday long 90 minute 4.6 miler last night. Didn't walk last weekend so I'm probably going to be short of my 15 mile goal. But, last weekend I built a shooting gallery booth for our church bazaar then worked it all day Sunday. It was a very long day but we made a lot of money for the church. And we made a lot of kids really happy.
    @MermaidPrincessRach A's a reformed Yankee, I revel in the fact that tomorrow's supposed to be 92 and it's the middle of October. Shorts and sandals and kayaking
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)
    Usually I'm fine with my alone-ness, even prefer it. But sometimes I get tired of myself. Especially when I've let 'the beast' out.
    The beast came out gradually over the past couple of weeks and started with apples. Apples give me a sweet tooth. But then, so do plums, so maybe the beast has been peeking out for longer than a couple of weeks because the plums were filling me up about a month ago. Then, the beast enticed me to stock up on dry fruit from the bulk food section of the grocery store ... cranberries, cherries, raisins, apricots, dates, figs ... the beast had a recipe in mind for homemade granola and fruit/nut bars packed with goodness. The recipe was lost, the fruit was eaten.
    I am not alone. There are other people 'out there' in this electronic world I spend so much time in ... and some of those people are feeling and doing and thinking exactly the way I do.
    What a relief! ;)

I have done that exact same thing. The beast is super manipulative and deceitful, So many times I have stocked my cupboards up with ingredients for my home made healthy moderated treats only to then end up gorging myself on 1kg bags of dried fruit and nuts long before they get made into anything, that never leads to a pleasant outcome but I still get tricked into it again. Also something as innocent as an apple or some plain yogurt has often been known to be the beginning of cravings going through roof and all out binge eating then eventually follows. It is not easy living with the beast lurking within like a charismatic ex that just never gives up.