Does your name describe you?

Options

Replies

• jesshall281
    jesshall281 Posts: 219
    Options
    well i just googled "name meanings" and apparently Holly means "plant with red berries"..which I definitely am not lol

Hahahaaa!! :laugh:
  • jesshall281
    jesshall281 Posts: 219
    Options
    well i just googled "name meanings" and apparently Holly means "plant with red berries"..which I definitely am not lol

Hahahaaa!! :laugh:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well Ruth means A Companion, Friendship so I would say it describes me.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My name is Sloane, like the above post it has the same meaning as Kelly "warrior" yep that's me alright!!!! I NEVER give upIt's from Irish Gaelic heritage
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Neither of my names, Windy and Wendy, really have any meaning. We all know what Windy means, and I am neither breezy nor gassy. Tthe best I can tell everyone thinks Wendy was created by J.M. Barrie for Peter Pan. Some people say Wendy means friend, so I guess that does fit!

My kid's names
    Cale- (gaelic) means thin, slender - he is 6'1 and 200 pounds- so no doesn't fit
    Maxwell - (old english) means Maccus' pool - wth? In latin Max means greatest, so that does fit him
    Zachary - (hebrew) means yahweh has remembered - again wth?
    Wynn - (old english) means bright friend, definitely fits her!

I will say, I have 3 sisters and 4 kids and all of our names fit our personalities more than what the name actually means fits us
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    LOL @ Raina!

Phyllis means mythical girl or green foliage. Well, I'm not a plant by any means but I do love to putter in the garden. Mythical? That's disturbing. I try to be genuine and transparent with most people so for me, it's all hogwash. :ohwell:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    You should also look up the meaning of your name on Urban Dictionary...or maybe that should be another thread!
  • OURLADYPAULINE
    OURLADYPAULINE Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sure does - also lookin' for my friends to add :wink:

Re-joined last week :wink:
  • sassysmolak
    Options
    My name is Emily and it means striving and industrious. I would definitely say I am that.
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    all of my names (first, middle, and last) have something to do with water...\
    first name means - island surrounded by water
    middle name means - waterfall
    last name means - island with water running through it

I think I am pretty easy going and go with the flow and so sure, it makes sense that this would be my name...however I am getting marrried and his last name translates to "nine-evil" which in reinsanace time translated to mean "666"...so umm I don't think I'm the devil...makes me question him though....hahaha Just kidding :) (but his name really does mean 9 evil :))
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    My name is Deborah and apparently this means bee..... it is true!!! I can be a complete and utter B! lol!!!
  • dave_in_delaware
    dave_in_delaware Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My name is David which means "beloved" (Hebrew origin), as in "dearly loved" or "dear to the heart."

My wife loves me, and my kids love me, so I suppose it fits me well.
  • Leothelioness
    Options
    My name is Leonora, which means Light........................................I'd certainly like to be, that's why I'm on this website!!!!!:laugh:
  • DeluxeDiva2B
    DeluxeDiva2B Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sources I've come across say my name is possibly from the Old Norse word 'brand' meaning 'sword'. or . The name was used first in Scotland, as a feminine form of Brendan. My namesake was Brenda Lee the singer - "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" and "I'm sorry...so sorry" - my Dad liked her singing!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    My name is Victoria which means "victorious". And pretty much all I do is win, so yeah. It describes me.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    My name is Chase, it's English/French for "Huntsman." I've never killed an animal in my life, so no.
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Carrie Lynn - Melody or song and Waterfall - I guess the waterfall is my song...makes sense considering I have a waterfall beside me on my desk and love to listen to it all day

Aeryn - daughter or Eire (my daughters name)
    Devon - poet (my son's name)
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Alicia means noble.
    I'd like to think it describes me.
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My name is Amanda and it means worthy of being loved and I think that definitely describes me!! Everyone needs to be loved ;-)
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    my name is tracy...in old saxon it means "corageous battler" and in gaelic it means "cow herder"...and since i can trace my lineage to both, but have never herded cattle in my life...i'll go with "corageous battler.....lol....honestly though, it does fit me well...i am bold, courageous, and i fight for what i believe in vehemently