Thinking of "starting today"? You might want to check this out - pics inside!

1151617181921»

Replies

• ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Thanks everyone!
  • jbosey
    jbosey Posts: 119 Member
    It is really great of you after achieving this tremendous weight loss to continue to spend the time in posting to us that are trying to emulate your success. Your hard work and diligence in losing this weight has not only rewarded you in a much healthier and happier state but it has also helped many others that want so badly to lose their weight. To know that someone else was like me actually whipped this obesity problem really gives me a firm push to continue until I also defeat this ridiculous habit. After college and marriage, many, many light years ago I steadily continued to gained weight. Two years ago I discovered at the doctors office that I actually weighed 303lbs. I have lost down to as low as 274 in the past two years but when the scale did not continue to decline, I gave up. I will NOT give up this time thanks to your posting here. You are to be commended for being a source of confidence for all of us.
  • MAH74
    MAH74 Posts: 2 Member
    Great job! Just amazing! Inspiring-thx for sharing.
  • ewhip17
    jbosey wrote: »
    It is really great of you after achieving this tremendous weight loss to continue to spend the time in posting to us that are trying to emulate your success. Your hard work and diligence in losing this weight has not only rewarded you in a much healthier and happier state but it has also helped many others that want so badly to lose their weight. To know that someone else was like me actually whipped this obesity problem really gives me a firm push to continue until I also defeat this ridiculous habit. After college and marriage, many, many light years ago I steadily continued to gained weight. Two years ago I discovered at the doctors office that I actually weighed 303lbs. I have lost down to as low as 274 in the past two years but when the scale did not continue to decline, I gave up. I will NOT give up this time thanks to your posting here. You are to be commended for being a source of confidence for all of us.

Thanks for the note. And I get it - I've been there. One thing I'm realizing is that I'll never really beat it. It's something I'm living with every day and just trying to do the best I can with. But it's not always easy. Last night for example, I couldn't sleep and got up around 1am and for some reason ate one (or two!) of just about everything in our pantry. Not sure why. Tired, stressed, etc. But at the very least now, after much trial and error and experience, I can take it for what it is - just a temporary blip on the radar. I feel like crap today but I'll just log it and move on and get back on track today. In the past I would have really beaten myself up, convinced myself that this is proof that I can't really do this, tell myself I'm destined to be fat, and just use it as an excuse to quit. Not this time though. I'm just going right back to the process and in about a week it won't even be a factor. So keep plugging away and you'll get there!
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    How awesome!!! Such an inspiration! I have spent the last 8 years saying that I'm going to start tomorrow, or right after I eat these fries etc.
  • amw5471
    amw5471 Posts: 111 Member
    Congratulations, that is definitely a message to live by.
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    This is a really well written and inspiring post, thank you for sharing.

I will reread it when I'm fragile and struggling!
  • baharal
    baharal Posts: 45 Member
    Amazing. It's great that you can enjoy life more and live many more years with your family.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    I read your original post in January and it's been great to see the progress and to hear about the difference in your trip to Disney now that you have lost the weight, versus your earlier trips where your size was limiting. It's such a great investment in your family, longevity, health and vitality that you have made and your mindset is extremely healthy and contagious! Thanks for sharing!
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Great story. I started just slightly heavier than you and am still a little over 300, so this gives me great encouragement. How are things going now?
  • ewhip17
    edited August 2016
    Great story. I started just slightly heavier than you and am still a little over 300, so this gives me great encouragement. How are things going now?

@goldenfrisbee Nice job! It hasn't always been easy but things are going well. "Maintenance" has proven to be more challenging than losing the weight for me actually. But just in the past few months I feel like I'm getting a better hang of it. I had to accept that I just couldn't maintain the weight I had gotten down to. So today I'm sitting at 185lbs (a little over 130lbs lost) and it seems to be relatively easy for me to stay in that range and still enjoy my life. And that's the biggest thing for me now - staying healthy and active but enjoying my life. I'm much less obsessive now and I take things as they come. I realized that, after nearly 3 years of doing this, I actually do have a pretty clear idea of how it works. But my day-to-day life, my interactions with my kids and wife, my ability to actually live my life are far and away better than they have ever been. Hope that helps!
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    I guess I should scroll through this section of the forums more as this is the first time I saw this writing and you're account of events leading you on this most awesome transformation path. Just seeing this and noticing its from Jan 1 2015. I wanted to congratulate you in a belated manner. If I saw you in person I'd shake your hand as this is inspiration at its finest. Folks like yourself who tell these events help put incentive and hope into those whom feel lost or don't have the willpower. All the best to you.
  • orpingman
    orpingman Posts: 37 Member
    Good to read again.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Wow! I'm so glad I scrolled down to find your post, what an inspiration. Here I was feeling sorry for myself that I couldn't lose forty five pounds. I'm the queen of I'll start on Monday. I'm so inspired by you . Thank you.
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    I so love your story and you look great!!! And so much younger... I'm inspired. Can I ask did you eat all your exercise points?
  • ewhip17
    Hotbottom wrote: »
    I so love your story and you look great!!! And so much younger... I'm inspired. Can I ask did you eat all your exercise points?

Hi all - sorry to be tardy here. I don't check the "community" very often anymore.

To answer your question.... during most of the time when I was losing weight I didn't log my exercise into MFP, so I really had no idea how many calories I was burning. I sort of set that part aside - I exercise for health and fitness and to keep up with my kids. I eat to control my weight. Hope that makes sense?
  • naughtynorman84
    naughtynorman84 Posts: 137 Member
    Congratulations! (Shamelessly resurrecting this thread which I return to every now and then for inspiration.)
  • eday79
    eday79 Posts: 86 Member
    Congratulations, you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!