Married but feels guilty

Options
jwoffie
jwoffie Posts: 23 Member
Been on here for 2 mnths and the friends on here are great. Always postivle and supportive which is awesome. However i do feel guilty that when i pay others compliments etc that i am someway being a cheat. Should i stop?

Replies

• jwoffie
    Options
    Cool. Yeah the ate innocent enough. Just having fun. Its nice to give and recieve compliments.
    No intent there just being friendly. Half the mfp people are acroos the otherside of the global.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    jwoffie wrote: »
    Cool. Yeah the ate innocent enough. Just having fun. Its nice to give and recieve compliments.
    No intent there just being friendly. Half the mfp people are acroos the otherside of the global.

Then perhaps you've answered your own question.

Why worry if you have innocent intent?

If you feel you're stepping a little 'too far' into the boundaries that your OH would be happy with then just reign yourself back in!

All the best!
  • jwoffie
    Options
    Never send d pics. Thats just wrong! The point is i like people to feel good about what they have achieved. Offending people by sending them grot is not my bag!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I let all these weird women go all complimentary on each other.
  • jwoffie
    Options
    Donr know really. Just the way i have been draggwd up i guess...i feel guilty if i treat myself to stuff too just the way i am.

Would never cheat and would never knowinly hurt anyone.

No day dreaming lol...only when i am at work and its normally about food lol
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I think if you feel guilty, maybe you're doing something you shouldn't - ONLY because you attach meaning to it. It's not inherently wrong to talk to other people...

WRONG! It is inherently wrong for me to talk to other people, especially women.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I suppose if it's something you wouldn't feel comfortable with her reading then don't post it. Only you are going to know your own comfort level. Telling someone they look good doesn't mean you are trying to seduce them.

Wait, if a girl says, "Good Morning" or "Excuse me, but you're in my way" then that's not her trying to flirt with me?
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    If you hide it, then it could be wrong. I say could because I have seen some spouses that are very controlling and jealous of any communication with others. So I will say it another way. If the goal is to flirt or hit on somebody than yes it is wrong, if it is support or a compliment its fine.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Been on here for 2 mnths and the friends on here are great. Always postivle and supportive which is awesome. However i do feel guilty that when i pay others compliments etc that i am someway being a cheat. Should i stop?

No dont stop... your not cheating, flirting is free, you can look at the menu, just eat at home...
  • Domino_75
    Domino_75 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    PowerMan40 wrote: »

No dont stop... your not cheating, flirting is free, you can look at the menu, just eat at home...

This. There are many people on MFP who need the confidence boost to keep going. As long as everything stays on the walls, I don't see a problem with it. Many of us use MFP as our "playground" to have FUN. Period. If you are going to feel guilty about complimenting someone of the opposite sex on their hard work, then you shouldn't say "Hi" to them either. (Yes, my husband was on here with me at one point and according to him, saying "Hi" was flirting and therefore I was cheating on him, but he's crazy, so there.) Do you want to be crazy or do you want to have harmless fun?
  • 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Are you saying or acting differently here than you would in front if your spouse? Your answer lies there...