Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, If you are looking for a friendly, competitive challenge that is interactive, a little different, and not boring come check out the Amazing Race_ Fall challenge.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/116418-amazing-race-fall-fun

The concept is fairly easy. Each week we race from one destination to another simply by counting our exercise minutes. Each minute equals one mile. You are on a team and you compete against other teams for points. There are also 3 mini challenges each week, which points are awarded individually for.

The two lovely people who run it, do a fantastic job. Each week there is fun information, videos and workouts to help with the journey. If you want to join they are looking for more people. It starts this coming Sunday. If you want, you can request to be on my team (my feelings won't be hurt if you don't) I am on team 2. So come count all that hard work you are already doing in a fun and interactive way.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    OMG Gem! That little pup is cuteness overload! Love the other ones too, dogs are the best! Do you have a name picked out already? Makes me want a new puppy too, but the hubs says no, one at a time!

Jen, that made me laugh! My fat can bite me too! 19 lbs for you, and 10 for me is definitely do-able, we just have to stay focussed. I did a spin and sculpt class after work yesterday - holy cow was I sore after! Haven't done that class in six months probably, obviously should do it more! Ended up eating dinner and then sitting on the couch and ate wine gums and had a hard cider! LOL! Snuggled with my dog... was SO sore! Even today I am!

Anyway, back on track today. Behaving and walking lots. Tonight we have a 25th wedding anniversary party to go to, but it is at a coffee shop (cool idea). They rented it and everyone can just order whatever coffees they like and have some chocolate cake. I'm allergic to chocolate, so that's good for me! Don't need that. I'll have a chai tea and call it a night!

Shy, that is the funniest thing, bringing a pic of Lexi on a stick to Florida! HA!! Love it. When our youngest was little, he went everyone where this bunny stuffy. So we have tons of pics of "bunz" all over - like bunny selfies at the golden gate bridge, at disneyland, in Banff etc. It was a thing for a while, taking pics of this stuffy (none of us in the pic even). :)

Rachel - glad to hear the flood saga is coming to a close. What a relief! And yes, new flooring will be worth all the trouble in the end! It's my dream to live in one of those cute little tiny houses, but my hubs says no. LOL! When I'm really honest with myself I think we'd probably kill each other if we had to live in small quarters permanently! So I totally get why your SO is getting itchy! :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I want to set a goal this weekend to keep me on track, so it is one hour a day of exercise, doesn't matter what it is. At this point I'm so stiff it may just be walking! haha! Have a good weekend everyone!!!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Morning all - sorry for my absence, life is running away with me at the moment. Spent the weekend up north with my husbands family - lots of fun but it's a 4-5 hour drive so somewhat tiring and it's good to be home!

@gemwolf110 - gorgeous photos, she looks a real sweetie :)

Jen - I'll have a look at that challenge group tonight - is it too late to join now?

Will catch up with everyone properly later - just finished my lunch so back to work!

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Welcome @redwolfpack04!

@gemwolf110 She is so adorable!!! Cuteness overload!

@bluepoppies777 Did you make your weekend goal? How was the party?

The weekend was great! We were able to move all of our furniture back and we were able to visit and catch up with some friends we haven't seen for ages. It was hard coming in to work today, it's a dreary day here and I just want to curl up with a good book.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 My fat is fighting the eviction notice, so it might be a long few months. :) I will get there eventually. All those classes sound like fun. An hour of exercise a day is great. Make sure you do one or two light days and don't over do it.

@gemwolf110 What an adorable little dog. Makes me a little envious. Sorry you missed your walk, but it was probably a good idea to be careful if you have asthma too.

I had a busy weekend with lots of errands and household chores, went over calories Saturday and Sunday. I managed to stay under maintenance. I really need to get better about my calories. I recalculated my allowed calories based on the weight loss. I get 100 calories less. For some reason this is hard for me to adjust too, even though I usually ate under my allotted calories before this.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @janetay01 You were posting the same time I was. Family time is usually great! The teams are full, however they do a wait list, so if you want to get on the wait list you can. The last challenge they ran, I was on the wait list just for a week. There are always people who drop out/forget about the challenge.

@Rachel0778 Woo hoo for getting your space back. I understand not wanting to go to work and a good book. I would pick that option 98% of the time. :)
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Welcome @redwolfpack04!

@gemwolf110 - she is so adorable! I hope your cold will subside soon! Pasta Fagioli is a great soup to make, especially this time of year. :)

Don't worry about being absent @janetay01 - so long as you had fun this weekend!

@Rachel0778 - Glad to hear that you were able to move the furniture back into your home! Dreary days always make me want tea and a good book too! Are you reading anything you'd recommend these days?

@jdelaroy - Better to stay at maintenance even on busy weekends than go completely over though!

My BF and I decided to sign up for the personal trainer. He kicked our butts with a 15 minute intense HIIT workout followed by a 15 minute HIIT ab workout. My calves are still sore from three days ago. The only thing I'm kind of iffy about is he told me I should be eating at 1200 calories. I'm not sold on that, mostly because I have tried 1200 calories and I was practically starving every day, and then I would binge. I also lift weight (and I'm assuming I'm going to continue doing that), as well as cardio and yoga. I don't think 1200 calories is sustainable for me to eat and continue to workout that much.

I've lost weight eating 1500 calories (so long as I don't go crazy over). He also suggested I get to 16% body fat, which would put me at 130 lb or so, whereas my doctor wants me to get to 150 lb. So we will see how this goes.

On another note, I do want to push through the holidays, so I am going to try and lose 20 lb by the end of December. That's 11 weeks to lose a little less than 2 lb a week before the end of the year. I'd be happy to get to 15, but I wanted to give myself that little extra push.

I might create a Google spreadsheet and share it if people would also like to keep track of the year-end push to lose weight. :)
  • donnamt2016
    donnamt2016 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i started in Feb. i had over 110lbs to lose. i find i dislike myself more now im trying to get healthy than when i was happily drunk every evening but my little victories are keeping me going. i have got my blood pressure down into the normal range and I am so very pleased with that. also my fitbit keeps me moving, i currently live for that green dashboard lol
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday!
    Those pics are so cute, and funny! Won't sit still so the pics are fuzzy. :) Love those puppy kisses and excitement, but yup, a lot of work cleaning up after the accidents and stuff. She'll get it, especially with two older dogs to help train her. Makes me want a pup so bad!!

My weekend was good, but I weighed this am and I'm up a lb! Going in the WRONG DIRECTION, people!!! I did really well, hit my goal of at least an hour a day of movement - wasn't going hard, some of it was vaccuuming and stuff like that. But I did do the gym and walking too. I didn't even overeat at that anniversary party, just had a tea and a really pretty specialty cookie with some grapes and cheese. (that was a good NSV for me!).
    I think where I went wrong was I didn't track this weekend, and eye balled my portions... and a whole bottle of wine jumped down my throat on Saturday night!! LOL! So I'm back to measuring and inputting everyone into my phone. I just have to keep focussed and be diligent, otherwise it creeps away on me when I'm not paying attention!

Gem, June and Jen! We are going to do this - lose those lbs by Dec 31!! We just have to measure, input everything, and keep our exercise up. I do notice that when I track everything in my phone during the day, and then do not snack after dinner, that is when I have the best success.

I think I'll try to plan out some meals this week too - that soup sounds really good. It's a lot easier when dinners are planned to stay on track!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!! :)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Gem: OMG! He is adorable!!!!! All your fur babies are!! How sweet!! Makes me want another puppy!! My hubby would kill me! =) Hope you are feeling better!

Jdelaroy: Sounds like you had a rough Friday! Hopefully your weekend made up for it!

June: Hope your free training session went great! And if it will save you some money and you are proud of what you have planned… stick with it! ;) Nothing wrong with that!! Glad you liked the trainer… go with yor gut and do what is necessary for you… If 1200 makes you binge… you know your body better than he does!

Rachel: Sounds like Thanksgiving will be crazy! It will be nice to see family at least! =)

Welcome Red Wolf! Post often!

Joy: That’s cute!! I have friends that do that with a bobble head! =) I love those cute lil houses too!! =) I don’t know if I could ever get the stuff in my life down to that size but I’d love to try it! Way to get your goal for the weekend in!! Great NSV! That damn wine! LOL!! Love it!

Donna: Losing weight is tough… hopefully you will start to enjoy the little victories and not missing the drunkiness… ;) Trust me I like my beer too! But you will start to love the way you look and feel… it will come!

So Thursday, I was busy running with volleyball… Hubby got home late from work as well so by the time we all got home and I fixed both of them something to eat.. I missed the elliptcal time. =( Friday had a bad day. A good friend of ours passed away Thursday evening. Very unexpected. So I snuck out of work early to go hang with a bunch of friends. Then I had my monthly craft night after that… I didn’t eat too bad all day but I didn’t workout either. Saturday I was busy at a volleyball tournament, last games of the season and then headed to the Wisconsin Badger game that evening… Had a few too many beers! Sunday was a lazy day.. went and had dinner with our friend who’s wife died and some other friends. Kind of a bummer of a day. So I’m working lots of hours this week to make up for my day off for the funeral Thursday. Hopefully I will squeeze in some workouts though!! =) Power of positive thoughts! Working on my steps today! And lots of water!!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Afternoon everyone. I somehow made it. Not sure if I passed the kidney stone (never am). But I no longer hurt. Still have stuffy/runny nose (never could quite figure out how it can b stuffy and runny at same time) but am feeling better. Going to gym tonight after I get home and start dinner. Hope I don't suck it up to bad after not being there in a while.

Joy I'm in for 10 lbs gone by 12/31.

Shy. Loved the stick Lexi at the beach. Great idea.

Gem. OMG r u kidding me could puppy b any cuter.

Any newbies feel free to add me. I am back w a vengeance so fat can kiss my *kitten* good bye
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Look at that face. She is so cute.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @wishfuljune It will be cool to have a personal trainer for awhile. Just don't let him set all your goals. He should be listening to what you want to accomplish. 1200 seems a little low if you are doing all that other physical activity. Did you ask him about this?

@gemwolf110 So adorable! I bet you can lose that 17 pounds.

@shycush6 you are always crazy busy, I do not know how you hold it all together. I bet you will get some exercise in there somewhere, you are pretty determined to do this.

@ngolden3320 So glad you are starting to feel better. I have a lingering cold. I mostly feel okay, but anytime I lie on my back or do anything physical I start coughing like crazy. Otherwise I feel pretty good. So, I really hope you got rid of it. I bet you can have 10 pounds gone by the end of the year. I love it, everyone telling the fat to bite em.

I did my weekly weigh in this morning, and no weight loss. No weight gain either, so I guess I am doing okay. Yesterday for the 45 day challenge I am doing we had to run 5-100 meter dashes. My BF agreed to do them together. We walked to the local school by us, and figured out what a 100 meters was. The great part, my BF was worried I wouldn't be able to do them. I kept telling him "I can, and I will do them. I might die, but I'm going to do it." Sure enough I did them. Slow as all *kitten*, but I did them. I was only winded for a few moments after each one, and was fine when I finished. The BF, on the other hand, was the one dying. He went home and basically laid on the couch the rest of the night, and was super sore this morning. He likes to give me a hard time about my daily walk at lunch isn't exercise. I think he failed to believe me when I tell him I walk as fast as I can, and have even started running for a short (10-20 seconds) once or twice a week. I am calling this a kick butt NSV. Not only did I do it, but I recovered so much better than the BF.

Now, I just have to get that fat moving away. I am thinking it might be time to get a food scale..
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @jdelaroy Good job maintaining and having a great NSV! You showed him ;)

@gemwolf110 She looks so snuggly and cute!

@ngolden3320 Glad you're feeling better! Great job getting right back at it and going to the gym!

@ShyCush6 So sorry to hear about your loss :( I hope you're able to carve out some time for you this week

@bluepoppies777 That bottle of wine gets me every time too ;) It sounds like you're getting right back on track so that pound will be gone in no time!

@donnamt2016 Sorry to hear your body confidence is lagging. I find it's hard to take care of a body that I don't like so I can see why those old habits of escapism are starting to look appealing. I hope you're able to access some resources to build up that self love!

@wishfuljune It sounds like your personal trainer is an excellent example of someone who is great in their field (physical training), but who is pretending to be an expert in a field he does not have a degree or extensive training in. It sounds like you have a good plan, ignore him and keep doing you! 1200 calories is not sustainable or recommended for lasting weight loss, especially if it makes you feel deprived. As far as books go, I usually go towards historical fiction or historical romance. Currently reading the Maiden Lane series, it's pretty good!

Glad to see that the thread is getting busy again! It looks like we are all getting a plan in place before the upcoming holidays (how are they already here?!). I was hoping to be 20 pounds down by my one year, but it looks like I'm going to need to push that goal back. I have no desire to go more aggressively on my weight loss and I've been feeling pretty good lately on my choices. I guess it'll come when it comes.
  • redwolfpack04
    redwolfpack04 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

Thanks for the warm reception. I am trying to get on this regularly but its hard to keep motivated. Hence why i joined this thread. So far I have been good on keeping my food journal up to date and keep track of all my calories. I have not weighed myself in several days so I am hoping I see a really good number of pounds lost when I do tomorrow morning.

I do read all of your stories and I must say that it is inspiring to see everyone cheering everyone else on. We all have bad days but we all have good days too. I will try and reply and comment everyday but with Three kids under 10 and a wife that has been under the weather lately it will be hard.

I hope everyone has a Good Tuesday!
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Doug, and I would love to be part of a motivation group and to make new friends.

I've lost 50 pounds total (25 pounds on MFP), and I need to lose another 50 pounds. I do strength training at the gym 2x to 3x week and this has been good for me. I'm getting stronger and my clothes are fitting better, but I can't seem to drop the weight.

Ultimately, I'd like to get back under 200 pounds. I'm working to re-commit to the process and to get back on track with my weight loss.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 - she is so fluffy and cute! all these photos just make me want to get a puppy!

@donnamt2016 - sounds like you are making great progress though! welcome to the group!

@bluepoppies777 - Yes, let's do it! Did you have any success with meal planning for this week?

@ShyCush6 - I am so sorry to hear about your friend's unexpected passing! At least you are staying positive. That's sometimes one of the hardest things to do after a death, especially when you're trying to lose weight too. Take care of yourself!

@ngolden3320 - Glad to hear that you've passed the kidney stone and are back in the gym. That's great motivation!

@jdelaroy - congrats on the NSV!! Even if the scale didn't move, maybe you've been losing inches?

@rachel0778 - You keep doing what you're doing, and you'll reach your goal when you can! :)

I have my first personal training session on Thursday, so I think I'm going to address the 1200 calories then. I have a feeling he said it because I do have 30 more pounds to go before I hit my doctor's goal for me (and another 20 pounds to go with what the trainer suggested).
  • ktc1968
    ktc1968 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Karen and like some of you I have dropped out for a bit. I am really having a hard time staying motived with my daily exercise routines as well as my evening eating. It appears that I am never satisfied with what I eat and even though I am full I still want to eat, this insane :s . I also have another problem and that is I like to eat in bed. I am in desperate need of support, with all of this and everything else in life I am becoming more depressed which make this even harder.
  • novten82
    novten82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I just stumbled upon your group and am super excited to join. I haven't read all the posts, even the recent ones, but Ill get there.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Nicole: Hope the gym went well and you are feeling better!

Gem: Could he be any cuter!? So jealous!!! They all look like a fun handful!! =)

Rachel: Way to be positive and fell good about yourself. You are doing amazing things for you and for your body…

Jdelaroy: Way to go on the dashes!!! You rock! Love it!

Wolf: Hope the wife gets better soon! Keep journaling and hopefully you have time to squeeze in how great the scale looks in the morning!

Doug: Welcome!! Hopefully you can post often!

June: Good luck at the trainer… you will do great no matter what you choose!

Karen: Welcome! Please stay with us… very motivating and fun group!

Welcome Novten82!

I need to wake up! Had a bad day again yesterday and on the verge of it today… Hopefully I will get off work and make it all up! These 10 hour days are killing me then with drive time on top of it! Ugh! I have managed to stay away from soda… NSV.. usually a tough thing for me when I work long days! =) I think I am boredom eating or depression eating or a little of both! Got to sink that ship sooner rather than later!