Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Welcome newbies!

Gill – Love your dedication and motivation! I’m a daily weigher as well and you do learn your body… It’s a great feeling! Ohhh! Birthday & abba tribute! Fun!!! You rock those steps girl!!! Keep up the good work!

Diane – Love it when my daughter makes me workout with her!! It’s fun to have a partner!

Karee – Hope you enjoyed a nice long walk!!

Nicole – Way to go on the alternatives! Frozen yogurt… no bun… you rock! Hope you enjoyed your weekend! It’s so fun watching our kids succeed! I just love cheering in the stands! =)

Missy – Hope you made it to work on time yesterday! Spring cleaning felt great this weekend!! I love it!! Windows open! It’s awesome! Nice you will have time to cook healthy meals! That is one thing I miss… I am always rushed for dinner now that I work later. Hope the scheduled eating helps you… =) Way to go on the elliptical!

Aubrey – You sent the rain our way… =) Looks like showers today in WI… I’m sad… it’s been so beautiful. Hope you had a great hike!

Jane – Hope you are feeling better!

ChangeIsADecision – Glad you are back at it! Beer Festival… sounds fun!! And sounds like it could be dangerous… How do you not drink kit all day! =)

Chasidee – Glad you got to enjoy sunshine all weekend as well!! I might have missed it… Where do you live? Good for you to get out there and push yourself!! You WILL conquer!! You got this!! =) Hangry is never fun…. Hope you overcame it and are back at it! Way to push yourself… I can hear the pride!!! Way to go!!

Rachel – Way to turn the train around and get back on track! It’s so easy to veer and so hard to veer it back!

Dana – You got this! You can get back on track, I have faith!! Love the meme!

Jen – Good luck on the new job! My weekend ahead looks filled with soccer!! Love it!! Way to go with the scale! Always a great surprise when you think back and realize how far you have come! =)

Kgslim17 – Welcome! Weekends are rough on us all! No schedule usually means not the best choices! Check in often!

Glenn – Welcome! You sounds like your head is in the game! You got this!! Keep up the great work!

Joy – Sorry for your loss. Sending thoughts and prayers your way! Keep your head up… focus on you and try not to stress eat but like you said… don’t worry too much about it… You have more important things to focus on!! Thinking of you! *hugs*

• ShyCush6
    edited April 2016
    Hey Ladies! Sorry I was slammed at work yesterday! Not a bad thing as it makes time go fast! =) I had a great weekend! Friday night... I did go out for a fish fry with my hubby.... Saturday I spent the entire day outside doing yard work. My mom and dad dropped by for a quick visit as they were out on there Harley. Saturday night I went out with friends for drinks... I ate dinner before I left just in case they decided to eat somewhere and that way I would be deterred from ordering too! Luckily they drank there dinners and I did pretty good. I was a driver so I only had a couple. Sunday was another awesome day outside. Enjoyed Lexi's first soccer game of the season. This weekend it is a tournament so that will be fun! Hope the weather is half as nice as last weekend!! I cleaned out 10 boxes for Easter Seals this morning and left them on the curb for donation pickup! Felt good getting them out of my house!!
    Last night Chad requested an apple/rhubarb crisp for his birthday so Lexi and I made that and Lexi wanted to back something else so we made peanut butter bars! I was very proud of my self. I had one bit of hot apple crisp with ice cream out of Chad's bowl... not one other bite of anything else! My knee knee last night had a burning sensation... I think standing on it all day Sat & Sun and all night last night... maybe took a toll... Trying to coddle it yet still get in some calorie burning.
    In for a long work day today so hoping I don't turn to snack! Should be busy so that should help!! I also have off work Thursday and Friday for the hubby's birthday so I am guessing the food intake or rather the alcohol intake may be bad... trying to bank as much as I can for then!! Hope you are all moving in the right direction!! Let's do this!
  • chasidee90
    chasidee90 Posts: 25 Member
    @ShyCush6 thank you for the support! It feels weird but I like it! I am from Ohio it was a lovely weekend Sunshine and 80s
  • Lauramo06
    Lauramo06 Posts: 15 Member
    Good Morning Friends, I would like to join your support group. My name is Laura and I am from Iowa. I have been trying to lose these 30 pounds for 3 years. Lost 10 then gained it all back. I hate the yo yo. I need your support and motivation to help me get to my personal goals. I have been exercising off and on for several months. I have a habit of starting 1 or 2 weeks and then falling off the wagon. I am currently doing videos at home and I run. I am on day 7, week 1 of exercising. and month 4 of eating clean. Please help me to stay motivated to achieve my goals. I have read through some of your post and comments you guy are the greatest!!!! Thanks!
  • ShyCush6
    chasidee90 wrote: »
    @ShyCush6 thank you for the support! It feels weird but I like it! I am from Ohio it was a lovely weekend Sunshine and 80s

I'm in Wisconsin... so I hear ya! This weekend was beautiful and dare I say it... almost too hot!! But I loved every minute of it! Hope we can help you along!
  • ShyCush6
    Laura - Welcome! Hope we help you with your journey!
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    @bluepoppies777 So sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself!

@GillianSmith2 that ABBA tribute sounds like a lot of fun!

@janetay01 Hope you feel better soon! I hate being sick!

@chasidee90 Great job with the walking! It doesn't matter how far you go, just as long as you go! Keep pushing yourself a little further every day. You are off to a great start!

@health_guard Great job with the workouts!

@jkhoffe I am with you on the weekends. I am always up on Mondays too (I weigh daily) and spend all week trying to get back down. But you are absolutely right! My "couple pounds up" is lower than I was a few weeks ago! We just have to keep going and eventually it will move in the right direction! Thank you for reminding me of that!

@Rachel0778 Maintaining is a win if you ask me! Way to use upcoming events for some motivation to kick it up!

@ShyCush6 Great job over the weekend! I should volunteer to drive more often. It forces you to not have as much! (Although I don't usually over do it on the drinking anyway) And only one bite of ice cream and Apple crisp! You're awesome! I hope the knee feels better soon!

@Lauramo06 Welcome! You are in the right place!
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Well - yesterday was a pretty good day. I was so not in the mood to do much, but I forced myself to make it to the track after work and I did it. I made it 3 miles, even though I was ready to be done after one. I did feel better after, so that is a win! I have been pretty productive the last couple of days too. After my husband left on Sunday I managed to go through my closet and clean that out. I have a big pile of stuff for donation. Then last night when I got home I started to put some groceries away and I started cleaning out the refrigerator. It is amazing how much stuff accumulates and you don't realize how long its been there. I got rid of all the expired condiments that have been there forever. Then I started on my pantry. I can't believe how much stuff I got rid of. So-Im feeling good about that! And I got some food prep done for lunches for the week. I am in a much better mindset today! Hope everyone has a great day today! Keep up the great work!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Well I have been MIA this weekend. My hubby took off on a business trip this weekend I did painted trim for about 32 hours over Friday, Saturday and Sunday which meant really bad eating as I was to exhausted to cook. The sad part is I am still not done with the trim and I have to even started the walls yet. Holy Jamoly.

It seems like everyone is finally in the nice weather zone. I was able to get a couple of nice walks with the pooches, clean up the yard, set up the deck and get the yard mowed. Got my farmers tan started for sure.

BTW - I will kill for a margarita truck, LOL

Hope everyone has a killer week. Welcome to the newbies, feel free to add me.

Karen

Nichol @ngolden3320 - I remember when my youngest played high school ball. It was so COLD but those empires. So frustrating. Good luck with the season.
  • kgslim17
    kgslim17 Posts: 8 Member
    I got a good start off this morning. I pulled out of bed at 5:20 and did my leg work out. Yesterday, I felt that the sleep was more important. I also just had my morning snack of cantaloupe, berries, kiwi with a tablespoon of greek yoghurt and a small amount of homemade granola. I'm a late luncher so that should hold me until 1pm. The sun is shining so I see a 1 mile walk during a half hour of my lunch break. I hope everyone has a good afternoon.
  • Lauramo06
    edited April 2016
    Ok, so I am completely computer illiterate. I cannot figure out how to add friends. When I click on your names I get "send a message" or "ignore". nothing I find says add friend. HELP!!!! If any of you want to add me please feel free.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    edited April 2016
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    @ChangeIsADecision Welcome back on the wagon! Great job getting right back into activity!

@Rachel0778 - Aww, thanks! I'm still on board... i've got up TWO mornings in a row to get my walk/jog in early! BTW, girl you are a *rockstar* at including everyone. How do you do your collective messages? That would be so helpful to have one response and include all your comments. :)
  • kelisueray
    kelisueray Posts: 78 Member
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    I'm a cheesehead too! Living in FLA now though. Go Pack!
    So I've been doing very good these last two days; tracked everything I ate (even the 2 pieces of Tombstone pizza last night). Did 30 mins on the elliptical - feeling proud!

Kudos to everyone who got off their bums and did something! For those who didn't - tomorrow is another day.
    Awesome! I would love to be living in Florida as well! Great! Lots of cheeseheads! Sorry to you other girls!! =) Tombstone... MY FAV! Yikes! You girls will learn from me... and the ones from WI pry understand... I am a beer and pizza kind of girl! Those are two really hard things for me to give up! Maybe it's a cheese thing... I don't know! But if we eat it, we own it AND we make it right if we went the wrong direction! You can make up for those calories! A little extra work out here and a little less in the mouth! ;)

Samesies! Cheesehead living in the Mitten state now (Michigan) Why couldn't I have moved to a warmer climate?

Beer is a hard thing for me to give up - so I won't. I just try to limit it. It's kinda blasphemous for us to give up beer being from good ol' Wisco.
  • Lauramo06
    So far today I have eaten my plain oatmeal with granola. I just had my snack, of apple and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. I eat a later lunch because I don't eat breakfast until i get to work. However, it helps me to do it that way because then I don't have the hunger in between my after noon snack and dinner. For the longest time I would always go over my daily allotment of calories because I would snack twice before dinner and the second snack would not be a healthy one because I was soooooo hungry and I didn't have anything planned for that snack so it would be junk. I have planned for lunch tuna on a whole grain tortilla shell with strawberries on the side. My afternoon, before I leave work, snack will be an orange.

What do you all eat for snacks? I need more options.

Have a happy and healthy day!!!
  • ShyCush6
    Lauramo06 wrote: »
    Ok, so I am completely computer illiterate. I cannot figure out how to add friends. When I click on your names I get "send a message" or "ignore". nothing I find says add friend. HELP!!!!

Click on the name like you did, but then click on the name again and it will take you to the person's profile and there you will find the add friend. =)
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision – Glad you are back at it! Beer Festival… sounds fun!! And sounds like it could be dangerous… How do you not drink kit all day! =)

@ShyCush6 - Thanks! I hope to catch up more tonight! The fest was a blast and we were too busy to drink all day! That was key. Not that we didn't have some here and there but we got slammed for most of the time we were there. It was great!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    kelisueray wrote: »
    ... I am a beer and pizza kind of girl! Those are two really hard things for me to give up! Maybe it's a cheese thing... I don't know! But if we eat it, we own it AND we make it right if we went the wrong direction! You can make up for those calories! A little extra work out here and a little less in the mouth! ;)

Samesies! Cheesehead living in the Mitten state now (Michigan) Why couldn't I have moved to a warmer climate?

Beer is a hard thing for me to give up - so I won't. I just try to limit it. It's kinda blasphemous for us to give up beer being from good ol' Wisco.

You are both my kind of girls!! Beer and pizza... I'm with both of ya!! <3
  • Lauramo06
    Lauramo06 wrote: »
    Ok, so I am completely computer illiterate. I cannot figure out how to add friends. When I click on your names I get "send a message" or "ignore". nothing I find says add friend. HELP!!!!

Click on the name like you did, but then click on the name again and it will take you to the person's profile and there you will find the add friend. =)

Oh my goodness!! Thank you!!! I feel incredibly dumb now but now I know. :)
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Shy @ShyCush6 Way to go on planning ahead on those drinks. It sounds like it worked out perfectly for moderation. I often do the DD trick too. I don't know if I would have had as much restraint on the apple crisp, that sounds absolutely delicious!

Dana @danan01 Sounds like you had a fantastic productive weekend. And I'm with you on running. I never feel like doing it, I always want to quit in the middle, but I feel awesome after.

Karen @FitEqualsSmile Sounds like you were doing activity all weekend long with the house so that hopefully mitigated some of the overindulgences

@kgslim17 Sounds like you've got a great plan in place. And there are some days where sleep is definitely more important

Jen @ChangeIsADecision Thanks for the compliment! Being a part of the community is the only way I stay accountable so I'm glad I can offer the same. To include everyone on the same reply box I just use the @ symbol and then their username so that the system tags them. Also, you're totally rocking it on the early morning workouts!

Laura @Lauramo07 My favorite snacks are: 100 calorie pack almonds, cheese sticks, apples, carrots and hummus, protein bars, greek yogurt, sprouted wheat bread with avocado, salt, and pepper, hard boiled eggs, and yams with peanut butter (don't knock it til you try it)

@kelisueray I'm with you. If I had to give up my wine I don't think this would last very long lol.
  • Lauramo06
    @Rachel0778 hmmmmm i will have to try the yams with peanut butter. Different that is for sure. Thanks! I often times do cheese sticks, almonds, avacado on whole grain tortilla, and yogurt too. Just getting bored with those things. Thanks for the suggestion. Are the yams cooked with the peanut butter on top?