New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I like Enlightened but there's definitely some aftertaste for me!

I looked up Enlightened apparently around my area stores only carry the bars.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I found Thomas cranberry bagels in the store recently. My 4 year old loves these with a smear of the brown sugar and cinnamon cream cheese that I found at Walmart.
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Halo Top Pistachio was delicious. It did seem a bit creamier than the Birthday Cake and Vanilla flavors that I had last week. It definitely could have used some actual pistachios in it. But, overall, I really liked it a lot. Now, pistachio is my favorite ice cream (Ben & Jerry's to be exact), so I may be a little biased. I think I am going to try the S'mores or the Oatmeal one next.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Used this for the first time and another great zero cal solution. Lets not kid ourselves, this is nothing like real maple syrup, but its same if not better than the fake corn crap you douse your pancakes with.

Pancake_syrup-main.jpg

So far other than the peanut butter all sauces (liquid form) have been great. Still have a jar of mayo to open and will do so tonight. Hope its not a complete disaster. Thankfully I have a jar of home made avocado mayo I just whipped up last night if this is absolute garbage :)

I love their maple syrup. I also tried their blueberry syrup and it was really good on pancakes and added to a shake for flavor. I am eager to see your review of the mayo. I have seen it at the store and have been very tempted to try but am hesitant to spend so much if it is as bad as the peanut butter lol. I love their salad dressings. My favorite is the honey dijon, sesame ginger, balsamic, and french. The only ones I thought were terrible was the caesar, ranch, and thousand islands. The ranch was the WORST! I want to try the blue cheese dip as well.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Not at all a new product to the marketplace but new to our tiny town (and to me)- the So delicious NSA coconut milk ice cream in vanilla! The consistency is a little wonky in the sense that it's a little chalky on the back end, but overall a nice flavour! My homemade ice cream is better though and i get more for the calories so I won't be speeding through the two pints I bought.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Just got back from Kroger. They had all the new Halo Top flavors. I picked up Oatmeal Cookie, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, S'mores, Pistachio and Sea Salt Caramel. Can't wait to try them!

So sad. My Kroger must be boycotting them. :disappointed:
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    So sad. My Kroger must be boycotting them. :disappointed:

Ditto, nothing at mine yet either. Though, I did send my husband to look for it and he was pretty confused. There was Halo Top on the freezer end cap, so I'm hoping they are trying to get product moved to make room for the new ones!
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream sandwiches....omgggggg. so delish
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »

Tried this last night & found it to be very tasty. No idea which stores carry this brand since I found it at the Grocery Outlet. I tried the Roasted Vegetable & Goat Cheese Gratin.

http://www.angelbowls.com/

I want to try this new Birdseye Protein Blend

https://www.flickr.com/photos/theimpulsivebuy/26598700773

Those look good -- we have Luvo entrees at our local grocery, and some of them are pretty good.

Which are your favorites from Luvo @vingogly? I've spotted these at Giant, but usually the price tag turns me off. I think the meals are usually $4.99.

I usually buy one every couple of weeks due to the price. I like their chicken & harissa chickpeas, chicken in bbq sauce, spinach or kale ricotta ravioli, red wine braised beef & polenta, tandoori inspired spiced chicken. Very hearty stuff, good quality ingredients.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    found cookies and cream and oatmeal cookie halo top at my ralphs (kroger, frys) cookies and cream was sold out and there was one oatmeal rasin. its so good. i dont think any flavor will top this one for me.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    found cookies and cream and oatmeal cookie halo top at my ralphs (kroger, frys) cookies and cream was sold out and there was one oatmeal rasin. its so good. i dont think any flavor will top this one for me.
    I need this flavor something bad.

I've wanted a good oatmeal raisin frozen treat for a while.

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the Halo Top reviews! Keep em coming!
    I may actually get my hands on a new flavor soon and need to be educated!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Also while at a local health food store, looking for different kinds of Flatouts other than the typical plain or flax that I can find at food stores, I found these Joseph's Bakery tortillas, pitas and lavash bread. I was amazed by the nutritional info and the stuff said they taste VERY good. So I got a bag of each. Tried the pitas last night for dinner... HUGE WINNER :)

frozen-joseph-s-bakery-flax-oat-bran-and-whole-wheat-pita-bread-6-pack-1_grande.jpg?v=1448057497

JosephTortillas2016_grande.jpg?v=1468607832

frozen-joseph-s-bakery-flax-oat-bran-and-whole-wheat-lavash-bread-4-square-breads-1_grande.jpg?v=1448057494

This Lavash bread will be used as a pizza base. It is huge. This will easely make a pizza for two.

Only 50 calories for the whole lavash bread!? How big was it?
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    That Lavish bread looks really good, I need to find it!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @kaygold & @lissadecker
    Thank you for the Halo Top reviews! I just scored Sea Salt Caramel, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter Cup! I'm so excited! They had Pistachio and Mocha whatever-it-is but I opted out. Not really a pistachio fan. I don't know which one to try first! Sea Salt Caramel is my favorite sweet but the reviews have been mid range.
    Yum! Can't wait!
  • kaygold
    kaygold Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    @kaygold & @lissadecker
    Thank you for the Halo Top reviews! I just scored Sea Salt Caramel, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter Cup! I'm so excited! They had Pistachio and Mocha whatever-it-is but I opted out. Not really a pistachio fan. I don't know which one to try first! Sea Salt Caramel is my favorite sweet but the reviews have been mid range.
    Yum! Can't wait!

If you like salted caramel in general, I think you will really enjoy this! It was the first of the new flavors I tried and still one of my favorites. Very creamy, and balanced - Enjoy!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Tried this last night & found it to be very tasty. No idea which stores carry this brand since I found it at the Grocery Outlet. I tried the Roasted Vegetable & Goat Cheese Gratin.

http://www.angelbowls.com/

I want to try this new Birdseye Protein Blend

https://www.flickr.com/photos/theimpulsivebuy/26598700773

Those look good -- we have Luvo entrees at our local grocery, and some of them are pretty good.

Which are your favorites from Luvo @vingogly? I've spotted these at Giant, but usually the price tag turns me off. I think the meals are usually $4.99.

I usually buy one every couple of weeks due to the price. I like their chicken & harissa chickpeas, chicken in bbq sauce, spinach or kale ricotta ravioli, red wine braised beef & polenta, tandoori inspired spiced chicken. Very hearty stuff, good quality ingredients.

I'd like to add my favorite Luvo product to this list: their vegetable bibimbap <333 The only thing is, it's also one of their hardest ones to find (for me, at least). If you see it though you should absolutely try it! It's not like authentic bibimbap in my opinion but it's still very flavorful!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited! I do the online shopping with Kroger, and they JUST got the Halo Top products listed. I ordered one of everything. LOL Now I'm hoping that when I pick up my order, they don't tell me they are out of stock.