Why is 40 called the, "New Twenty"?

Options

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I got carded for cigarettes a few months ago. The cashier said they had to card anyone who looked under 30. I'm almost 44...
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    @J_Surita3 Would have never guessed 48! You are fuckinfabulous!!
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I will be 48 on Friday and I feel like 48 and fuckinfabulous too!!! B)
    That proves my theory. You look 25. So does the OP.

@littlemissbgiff looks like she is 24 ;)

Thank you, darlins! xoxo ;)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    Now that I'm 40 I have to watch out for "sleep injuries"....like when you go to bed and you are fine, then you wake up and you threw out your back by sleeping, or you pulled a muscle in your shoulder by rolling over. I don't remember that happening when I was 20.

can you even remember 20?

I remember, maybe seven things

show off

• thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Being comfortable with yourself is great, but more often I see it from grown women acting like kids.

So I do stuff - gymnastics, trapeze, play at the playground, organize pick up games of duck, duck goose, slide down the slide, play on the monkey bars, do splits in the air on the trampoline, do back flips into the pool.

The other moms sit and play on their cell phones and gossip with each other.

Is this what you mean?

Not at all. Thanks for playing though.

So you mean just emotional immaturity.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    cuz 40 yr old men are fkkin hawt!
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    Beer/Liquor,,,,,,,,,,,,,to Bourbon and Wine............age is nothing but an alcohol difference.

And a higher alcohol tolerance.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    total_e wrote: »

This is true

Where were y'all when I was 40?? lol

considering that youre 99, i wasnt born yet.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Being comfortable with yourself is great, but more often I see it from grown women acting like kids.

So I do stuff - gymnastics, trapeze, play at the playground, organize pick up games of duck, duck goose, slide down the slide, play on the monkey bars, do splits in the air on the trampoline, do back flips into the pool.

Is this what you mean?

Kinda like that story in the news recently of the teen who overdosed while his mom and grandma partied on. That kind of immature.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options

Is this what you mean?

Kinda like that story in the news recently of the teen who overdosed while his mom and grandma partied on. That kind of immature.

I think immature would be if the mom or grandma overdosed like a teen. Sounds to me like the mom and grandma were rallying like true adults.

Granted very, very irresponsible ones.

I'm sure they were on something as well. She wanted to be the fun mom though. Nothing says fun like a crap ton of heroin.
  • bigmuney
    bigmuney Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and party like a 20 year old if that counts lol
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Im 42, and I have more fun, party more, look better, feel better, than I ever did when I was 20. If I knew back then what I know now, I would not have wasted that last 20 years. When your 20 you figure you have the whole rest of your life to do, and see everything you ever wanted. When you get to 40 your realize your life is half over, and you have not done anything you wanted to do while you were 20 and 30. So you make a point of realizing your dreams, while you can.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure that nobody who is 20 is saying 40 is the new 20. They just think people in their 40s are old.

But at 47, I don't feel much older than I did in my 20s. And when i take off my glasses and everything is fuzzy, I don't think I look much older either.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options

Is this what you mean?

That's sad.
  • hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I have more self confidence now , being 41 than I did when I was 20 and a lot thinner. I'm still trying to lose 60 lbs but I down myself, like before