GREEN TEAM

Options

Replies

• kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    good evening greenies...

almost a 14 hr day here. i'm tired. was a challenge watching all the skinny folks chow down on concession stand food. never is fair to see all they can eat and not gain an ounce. :cry:

so do we know the answer yet about our calories/exercise/deficit? i have been eating the red numbers..... :ohwell:

n2dfire ~ i'm sure you didn't do that much damage by visitin' Micky D's. just get back in the groove, we're here to guide you. you can do it! do a little more exercise and drink extra water.

will write more later...
  • velvetwing
    Options
    good evening greenies...

almost a 14 hr day here. i'm tired. was a challenge watching all the skinny folks chow down on concession stand food. never is fair to see all they can eat and not gain an ounce. :cry:

so do we know the answer yet about our calories/exercise/deficit? i have been eating the red numbers..... :ohwell:

n2dfire ~ i'm sure you didn't do that much damage by visitin' Micky D's. just get back in the groove, we're here to guide you. you can do it! do a little more exercise and drink extra water.

will write more later...
  • kels0724
    kels0724 Posts: 136
    Options
    Hey guys!!!!
    kelly- good job on resisting all the temptation today- you will be happy you did some weigh in day!

i only read a littel bit about the calories/exercise/deficit things so i don't know if this is what you are asking, but if i cut out another 1000 cals, i would only be eating 200 cals a day(if i didn't exercise) and i KNOW htat is not right... doesn't mfp automatically take out 1000 cals of where you could maintain weight to get the # that it shows you that you can eat depending on how much you want to lose per week?!!? idk if that makes since or if i even get the point, just guessing ;)

good luck tomorrow everyone!
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    So here's a suggestion for those of us who still like to eat our fast food. Wendy's seems to have the most to offer with reasonable calories and fat. You can go on their website and plan your meal (if you already know you're going to eat fast food you might as well do this, right?) For example, one night I went to Wendy's for dinner with my 9 year old god-daughter. I ordered a jr. cheeseburger, a large chili (she wanted to share with me), a small side salad and light ranch dressing. I ate everything (including most of the chili) and was satisfied enough to not want to finish the fries she didn't want. And guess how many calories? Under 600!! For a cheeseburger, no less:bigsmile:
  • n2dfire
    n2dfire Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING GREEN TEAM WELL I READ WHAT YALL SAID ABOUT MCDS AND ITS A NEW DAY ITS CHURCH DAY AND MY TEMPLE WILL BE THE GYM TO COMBAT RONALD MC DONALD THE :devil: LOL JUST WANTED TO SAY GOOD MORNING AND IM OFF TO THE GYM DONT KNOW WHEN I WILL BE BACK ON SEEING AS HOW THE WIFE IS HOME TODAY SO GONNA CLEAN THE HOUSE AND SPEND SOME TIME WITH MY HUNNY:heart: SEE YALL AND GOOD LUCK TODAY
  • briakiss
    Options
    as i understand it, you are suppose to eat your exercise calories or at least some of them. if you don't your calorie intake will be lower than it should be and put your body in starvation mode, thus causing to gain weight....
  • velvetwing
    Options
    as i understand it, you are suppose to eat your exercise calories or at least some of them. if you don't your calorie intake will be lower than it should be and put your body in starvation mode, thus causing to gain weight....
    this is how I understand it too
  • kellya
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning Team!

briakiss-hope you are feeling better. just stay on track, don't wander from your plan! take care!

ok, so i had some bday cake. one piece tho, and then that lead me to the salt craving...chips, but just a few. did go over about 150-200 on calories, so hoping it's not too much damage. and ya know, it is SO true what they say about how the craving/taste/satisfaction lasting only a few minutes...i felt gross for about an hour afterwards...

i will keep eating the extra calories i get when i exercise then.

laundry here today.

i have heard that when you do the fast food stop you should just basically down size, and that does make sense. and really that is what we are learning and trying to change. they do serve some healthy foods at most, but who wants to eat a salad @ a burger joint?

have a good one!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Good morning (or mid-day rather :tongue: ) fellow green fat burning machines. Okay, confession :blushing: , I got on the scale today, it says I've gained 2 lbs since Friday! I know I shouldn't have, but it was a moment of weakness. So now I feel twice as bad not only for being a scale stalker, but that I gained. I ate pretty good, but perhaps it's too much salt, gonna work on that and water plus had lean cusisines for lunch and dinner along with other veggies so that is the only things I've done differently. Was within calorie range but maybe the salt? We'll see and hopefully it will flush out before Wednesday! Thanks for listening!
  • n2dfire
    Options
    THOSE LEAN CUISINES MIGHT BE HIGH IN SODIUM CHECK AND SEE. IF ANYTHING MAYBE IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT GO BY A RICE STEAMER WITH STEAMING TRAY I LOVE MINE AND YOU CAN STEAM MEALS IN ADVANCE AND PACK THEM UP FOR LUNCH AND DINNER PLUS IN THE LONG RUN IT WOULD BE CHEAPER BETTER FOOD AND MORE SATISFYING PORTIONS! JUST A POSIBILITY UNFORTANATELY ALOT OF TIMES DIETING CAN BE EXPENSIVE
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support, our fearless leader! I went groc shopping and got some ground chicken and turkey dogs, plus other lowfat staples to supplement my and bf's diet instead of reaching for the lean cuisine for more than one meal. Time will tell!!:drinker:
  • velvetwing
    Options
    Hi all...
    Thought I would check in and leave a little message. Today is my downfall day I think. Im doing ok on the foods... but I feel soooooooo sluggish which makes me just want to nap ( I felt like this shortly after getting up this morning... go figure) Hubby and I went to go see that Clint Eastwood movie and yes I had some popcorn and diet soda. Now Im trying to flush it out with water and Ill behave for supper so Im sure Ill still be within range :) I think weekends are the toughest for me since everyone here likes to snack. I bought a mango to have with breakfast this morning and I was sooooooo bummed to cut into it only to find it totally brown inside :mad: ahwell.... I ended up with a wholewheet waffle with sf syrup with banana. Its 20 degrees here today so Im doubtful we will walk the dogs tonight.... tomorrow should be nicer and I will feel a little more energized.
    Looking forward to Wed ! hopeful and doing my best to see a little change.
  • lynettep
    lynettep Posts: 157
    Options
    Hi All,
    I had an okay weekend. Today I went a couple hundred over my calories (1200). Today was my one day off this week from exercising. Everyone says it is okay to take off one day to rest the body.....but then I know I will go over calories.
    I get this bad headache when I am hungry and when I eat I feel better. Does anyone else get this headache? I can take the hunger pains but not the headache. :sad:
    Everyone have a great week. I am going in the morning to do my 1 hr. of cardio. I know it is hard for the people living where it is really cold. I know down here in Texas when it gets cold..I don't want to do much!!! Stay positive and let's work hard for weigh in Wednesday!!!! GO GREEN!!!
  • kellya
    Options
    lynette - i sometimes get a headache...i wonder if you ate more regularly, and i don't know if that is possible for you, but like maybe every 2-3 hrs have something to eat. even if it is a small, 100-200 calorie snack. i know if i go too long, i get hunger pangs, and i know my sugar gets low b/c i get nauseated and then a headache.

keep up the good work!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Hey Sexy people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well its almost dinner time and I am once again under my calories by 400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am trying to figure out what I can eat right now before dinner.....argh.....oh oh oh carrots, have not had one today....going for a carrot.......................ahhhhhhhhhh Whats up Doc!

Tomorrow is a new day my Green Beans........We will just have to start over tomorrow......You all can do this......together we all can do this.........let's learn from our lessons and remind ourselves next time the temptations come.......keep fruit and snacks in the car with you....when your gonna eat McD's eat an apple and tell yourself you can make a YUMMY dinner, who needs Ronald Mc-Devil (chief said it!). I LOVE LOVE Jack in the Crack Ultimate Sausage Sandwiches....my honey brings em to me 2 times a week after he gets off work..............NO MORE OF THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am happy without them and happy knowing I didn't eat 1.........

Hang in there on not losing any weight, I have heard from some that it could very well take a couple of weeks before you see a loss as your metabolism is still thinkin your gonna starve it, so it may keep storing........hang in there pretty soon the weight will be falling off your bones!

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE YA ON THE FLIP FLOP.....
  • lynettep
    lynettep Posts: 157
    Options
    Thanks all for the motivating words!! I will try to sneak in more snacks....I always had a problem with low blood sugar so I will try snacking more during the day. You all have a great night. Lynette
  • n2dfire
    Options
    Hi all...
    Thought I would check in and leave a little message. Today is my downfall day I think. Im doing ok on the foods... but I feel soooooooo sluggish which makes me just want to nap ( I felt like this shortly after getting up this morning... go figure) Hubby and I went to go see that Clint Eastwood movie and yes I had some popcorn and diet soda. Now Im trying to flush it out with water and Ill behave for supper so Im sure Ill still be within range :) I think weekends are the toughest for me since everyone here likes to snack. I bought a mango to have with breakfast this morning and I was sooooooo bummed to cut into it only to find it totally brown inside :mad: ahwell.... I ended up with a wholewheet waffle with sf syrup with banana. Its 20 degrees here today so Im doubtful we will walk the dogs tonight.... tomorrow should be nicer and I will feel a little more energized.
    Looking forward to Wed ! hopeful and doing my best to see a little change.

IF YOU LIKE WAFFLES TRY THE EGGO BLUEBERRY NUTRIGRAIN WAFFLES THEY ARE GREAT TWO OF THEM IS ONE SERVING AND IS ONLY 180 CALORIES THEY ARE GREAT RIGHT OUT OF THE TOASTER NO BUTTER NO SYRUP IF IM ON THE RUN ILL MAKE FOUR OF THEM AND GO 360 CALORIES AND A GOOD BREAKFAST TRY THEM I PROMISE YOU WONT REGRET IT AND IF YOU ABSOLUTLY HAVE TO HAVE BUTTER TRY THE OLIVE OIL BUTTER I DONT LIKE SYRUP SO I DONT HAVE ANY IDEAS ON THAT BUT THEY ARE GOOD WITHOUT ANYTHING:drinker:
  • velvetwing
    Options
    sounds good....Ill look for them here but have to hide them from the kids as they will love them too. I usually like a whole grain waffle w pb but wanted to try the sf syrup... log cabin really good :)
    Im going to start off tomorrow morning with a whole new outlook and get on the ball. I did good this week but now I need to work in more excercise.
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    Hey Gang!

Sorry i haven't been checking in regularly =( I will try to do better! Just as a summary for the Week....I was under my calories all week, and I exercized 5 out of the seven days burning at least 340 calories and topping out 559 calories today. We also went out to eat yesterday and today but I made out very well. The funny thing is I've spend years avoiding the scale, but I've had such a hard time staying away since wednesday...Why is that? I guess it's human nature, I want so badly to do well.

I guess that's it for Tonight Talk to Ya'll Soon, I promise!