Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @rachel0778 Moldy food is never a good way to start the day. Hopefully you survived and came back to have a great weekend. I am feeling better. Sitting at work feeling very unmotivated.

@lessismoreohio Oooh Oreos! I haven't had any since I started to try and lose weight. They are like the forbidden fruit. If I have one, I will eat the whole pack in two days. Having a couple and being under calories is fantastic, and nothing to bear yourself up over. That is the whole idea of calorie counting. To let you have those little splurges while still losing/staying at a healthy weight.

@wishfuljune That is great, I am glad you are liking your trainer. Definitely take care of yourself as well. I laid in bed half of Thursday and most of Friday. Feeling lots better now.

@lessismoreohio Check if your hotel has a gym. See if there is a local grocer you can walk swing by, pick up some healthier snacks you can keep at room temp. Sometimes you can make a meal or two out of those snacks. Tuna packs, cashews, bananas Sometimes you have to think outside of the box. A lot of restaurants will have low calorie options as well. Also, cut your meal in half if you are eating out. Save half for later.

Well Happy Monday everyone. I survived my cold and spent the weekend doing errands and yard work. I raked leaves for over an hour yesterday. My yard looked beautiful for about 10 minutes and then the wind blew and more leaves fell. My eviction plan is slowly working.. 3 pounds seem to have left residence this week. Stupid people thinking last week was going to be our smallest. Ha! Lets keep proving them wrong.

Tonight is football night, somehow I am still going to get in my 12500 steps.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune I hope you're feeling better after a weekend of rest!

@lessismoreohio While you're traveling does your work provide food or are you able to buy your own? I usually find a store with excellent pre-made options when I travel (Trader Joes or Whole Foods are my go to's) and stock up on premade salads, sandwiches, yogurts, fruits, and pre-chopped veggies. I make sure I have a mini-fridge in my room so I can store the items. That way I have lunches and dinners pre-made and I don't have to make a decision of what I'm going to eat for the rest of the trip. Instead of using the hotel gym, I often take myself on long walks to explore the area in the evenings. I find it more interesting and exciting than the usually sub-par hotel gym options. I'll also do bodyweight exercises in my room or pull up a youtube workout on my laptop to start the day.

@jdelaroy Great job staying active this weekend and congrats on the loss!

I had an amazing Fall weekend. The weather was so beautiful I took a 6 mile run outside and took the dog for a long walk. Me and my SO went to see Frankenstein Saturday evening, the cast did a wonderful job! They set it up where the stage was in the middle and the audience seating went all around the room so it was a very immersive experience. On Sunday I cooked up a big roast (LOVE fall food) and then the SO and I went on a 20 mile round trip bike ride to go to dinner in a neighboring town. It was dark when we were biking back so my SO decided to try to freak me out by telling horror stories. I had to remind him in horror movies, the girl usually lives while the guy dies so he's in trouble ;) We ended the weekend with pumpkin spice tea and cuddles on the couch. I'm going to really miss the nice weather when it goes away!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,575 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy - Sounds like you had a very busy weekend, and congratulations on the loss! I'm with you on proving everyone wrong. Good luck getting your steps in!

@lessismoreohio - A lot of great tips from people so far! I agree with the restaurant one in particular. Restaurant portions are notorious for being double (or even triple) the recommended amount. Take your time eating, drink plenty of water, and save half of it. If your hotel has a gym, try and do some workouts if you can, and bring some healthy snacks to have in the room if you can. Hotel breakfasts can be pretty bad too, so make sure to look at your options and choose healthy alternatives.

@Rachel0778 - That sounds like a great active weekend! I love when theater companies set up their stages like the famed Globe Theater. It makes the audience feel more included, and more personally invested; like they are part of the play.

Well, the scratch in my throat has turned into a full-on cold. I went to yoga on Saturday because I thought I was feeling better, but Sunday hit me like a ton of bricks. I stayed in my bedroom and caught up on the Walking Dead and planning out my bullet journal for National Novel Writing Month and November. I can't work from home, so I'm in the office today and I made sure to bring in some tea with me. I'm skipping the gym tonight and planning on going to bed early.

On the plus side, I'm down 3lb and looking to continue my progress to lose 20 by the end of the year. That's 17lb to go! We can do this!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    Jane, that blanket for Alistair looks so pretty. What a talent! I am so not crafty, it's a disaster when I try to craft! But I do like cooking and baking, so that is my forte! (sadly, that is probably why I am overweight!) LOL! Hope the little muffin is over his illness!
    Chelsey - hope you are feeling better too! Sucks to be sick! Good job on the weight loss!!!
    Rachel - your weekend sounded awesome. I love biking around with my hubs and finding new places to try. lolz on the horror stories, that is funny!
    Jen - good job on the weight loss too!!

I weighed on Friday and I lost a lb, so I have 10 more to go by New Year's. I think I took a step backwards this weekend though. GAHHH. My friend flew in last minute and we went on a girl's weekend for two nights about 2 hours away. It was SO fun, but yikes I drank a lot of wine. We were wine tasting, and shopping and were in the pool. We did manage a big walk one day, and I tried to behave with the food, but who knows. (Didn't weigh myself today because I think I'm bloated from salt!). I think it was worth it though, it was a really fun weekend, the fall leaves were so beautiful, and my friend needed a break so she was really happy to have that time away.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778, @jdelaroy, @wishfuljune and @gemwolf110 --> Thank you for the encouragement and the great travel tips. It is appreciated!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @rachel0778 Your weekend sounded wonderful, almost out of a fairy tale. I am glad you didn't let him scare you.

@wishfuljune Thanks for the well wishes. I hope you feel better soon. This seems to be the time everyone gets sick. Take good care of yourself, and let your body rest. My mom used to tell me when you get sick, it is your bodies way of telling you, you need to slow down and rest.

@bluepoppies777 Your weekend away sounds wonderful! Those are the priceless moments you will never get back. Glad you enjoyed, no need to feel guilty. Congratulations on your pound lost. 10 pounds is a little over 1 pound a week. You can do it!

Well today is my official weigh in day. I am actually down a total of 3.6 pounds this week. Woo hoo. 15.6 more to go by the end of the year. We can do this!

Lets celebrate our successes this week. So what is one goal and/or NSV you have experienced this week?

My goal is working on increasing my daily steps to average 15k. My NSV, I only had two Oreos from the two packs the BF brought home last night. (These were my kryptonite) Go me!!!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Sounds like some great goals. Please don't over do it though.
  • novten82
    novten82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions on a bad day. I appreciated them. I learned something new today...giving blood burns about 600 calories. (Though this should not be used as a weight loss method) its an added bonus to giving blood. :)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Well the page was down Friday so I was unable to post… So here is Friday’s message…

Janetay: Sounds like you are having a great week! Hope the coaching sessions go great!! Good for you! Cross stitch is fun.. I started a blanket like that and lost my patience… Good for yo to stick with it! I need to go dig that out now that my kid is 15! LOL! Maybe I can finish it for my grandkids!

Gem: Time to buy stock in tennis balls! =) Enjoy your lil sweetie while he is little! Can’t believe how fast puppies grow! He will be beautiful full grown!

Jdelaroy: LOL! Celery is only good with peanut butter! =) but I totally agree… I need to find something very low cal if I am boredum snacking! Maybe if I do it with plain celery I will never snack again! We all have those days… Hope you are doing much better the rest of the week! Sorry to hear yo are not feeling good… Hope today is a better day!
    Rachel: I love all your activities!! Skating, pole dancing, you are so active! I just love it!! You will totally make the team as you have a great determination!! Love it!! Keep up the good work!! Sorry about the muffin! That sucks… Hope the day turned around!

June: Great decision on the weights! You got this girl! You will be doing 20 in no time with that attitude!! =) Hope your throat feels better!

Joy: YAY!! Great NSV!! No ice cream!! What a great idea!! I think I need to keep my chart in my pantry, so I can look at it every time I want to snack!! Might be a better place than my desk! =)
    Ohio: So glad you had great family time! Now to regroup and focus on you! Way to go! If you can have oreos and be under… take it with a grain of salt!! Go Indians!!!!

Janetay: Hope Alistair is feeling better! =(

Thank you all for the thoughts of my friend. Yesterday was her funeral. So I can say I didn’t accomplish much! Hard day for everyone. Today is our annual haunted house trip! Taking 6 teeneagers to the haunted house and then a tour around town “boo’ing” all their friends! It’s my favorite night of the year! All the giggles and laughter! It’s great!! I meant to get in a workout this morning but the snooze button got me… So maybe tonight before the haunted house… Maybe a walk with the puppy at least! Hope you all have a great weekend!!!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Jdelaroy: Sweet!! Way to go on the 3.6 lbs!! Good luck on the steps! You can do it!! Way to go with the Oreos!

Rachel: Glad you had a great weekend!! Sounds awesome with some great workouts in there as well!! Love the horror stories! That’s funny!

June: Hope you feel better! =( Way to go on the 3lbs!!

Joy: Glad you had a great weekend with your friend! Sounds fun!! Sometimes weekends like that ate worth it!!

Gem: Great attitude and start to the week! You got this!!

So I was having problems posting Friday and then yesterday Lexi was home sick so I decided I would get my house cleaned… instead in doing laundry, I flooded my basement and hauled water out by the buckets…. About 80 gallons total! FUN! So I got a good workout in AND I mowed my lawn… I ate pretty good too, just that damn soda… Hope you all have a great week! My day today is much better!! And Lexi is back to school… not 100% but heading in the right direction!
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Always up for some more accountable friends. Finally starting to see some progress. Onward and upward.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »

Jdelaroy: LOL! Celery is only good with peanut butter! =) but I totally agree… I need to find something very low cal if I am boredum snacking! Maybe if I do it with plain celery ...

Hey! You forgot about almond butter, cream cheese and pimento cheese...

You could probably go reduced fat cream cheese blended with some sriacha or chipotle peppers in adobo for some zing...if you like zing.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    Jane, that blanket for Alistair looks so pretty. What a talent! I am so not crafty, it's a disaster when I try to craft! But I do like cooking and baking, so that is my forte!

That sounds just like me. I decided to make a carry sack out of old jeans and the results are functional but pretty funny. I call it the half*kitten* bag. One side is dramatically longer than the other. And my rag rug project is a couple bags full of partially disassembled t-shirts.

Cooking is faster. And tastes better.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @rpmtnbkr - welcome!

Shy - so sorry to hear about the basement - what an unfortunate way to end up doing your washing! Glad that you got through the funeral ok and had some fun stuff to do the following day. Alistair fine and back at nursery thank heavens - to be honest, he wasn't sick, he had overdosed on grapes for his morning snack the day before and they have a very unfortunate effect on his tummy :smiley:. But the nursery don't (and I get it that they can't) distinguish between illness and grape pigginess so home he came. Full of beans for the two days and completely wore me out but lovely to have some unexpected time with him.

Jen - congrats on the loss, you are making such good progress. My NSV for the week (slightly daft one) is that I finally got myself a proper bra fitting yesterday rather than scruffing round in poorly fitting nursing bras - when I stopped breastfeeding Alistair nearly a year ago! Also gave me a reality check looking in their full length mirrors - too many pudgy rolls that have moved in. So I'm setting a goal of inches rather than just weight loss - going to take some meaurements today, sort myself a workout programme that I can actually stick to and work on that to the end of the year.

Joy - me too with the cooking and baking (and yes, possibly why we are both here!). I'm not as crafty as it may appear but this is working for me at the moment and it's good stress relief at the end of the day so I'm sticking with it. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend away - it's important to do the nice stuff like that.

Chelsey - hope you are feeling better. Well done with the loss :)

Rachel - what a great sounding weekend. It's a lovely time of year when it's not that warm but still nice and bright and sunny. I'm trusting the moldy muffin didn't get you then?!

So, I'm in the third and last and my days off this week - husband is working stupid hours at work this week and we thought it would be safer to have me at home and available for anything Alistair related. So I've done some christmas shopping, cleared out the cupboard under the stairs (boring but so very necessary!) and this morning I'm going down the road to see a friend for coffee and a catch up. It's been so nice to have some time off to do my own thing - really enjoying it. On the less positive side, Alistair woke up at 4.30 this morning and despite my best efforts to get him back to bed, shouted and yelled until my husband brought him into bed with us at about 5.30. I was fully awake by this point but he cuddled up between us and went straight to sleep - snoring and kicking me every time he twitched - grrrr! So I feel like I've been awake for days!

Anyway, have a nice day all :)

• PhedraJD
    Options
    @novten82 600 calories? That is amazing, I will have to tell my sister, she gave blood yesterday.

@ShyCush6 Sounds like quite the busy day. The haunted house and booing with the girls sounds like a blast. My oldest is pretty anti-social so we don't get out and do a lot of things like that. The little ones are still too little for haunted houses. I am hoping to take my son to my oldest daughter's trick or treat event at school. My youngest has lost all Halloween fun stuff this week. It started last week with jelly all over her room and my room. She wasn't supposed to have that in her room at all. Then followed by arguing and temper tantrums every day since. It was so bad on Sunday she took all her clothes off, through herself on the kitchen floor screaming and kicking, later she threw silverware and water all over the kitchen. Monday I found crayon drawings all over the floor. Then she stole a biscuit after I told her she couldn't have another one. Followed by lying about said stolen biscuit. Yesterday was more temper tantrums. I am at my wits end with that girl. So no field trip at school, no pumpkin patch, and no trick or treating. Ugh. I really hate to do it, but clearly the grounding isn't working.
  • tamj73
    tamj73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group! Ive been here a few times! Currently im about 12lbs from my goal but struggling lately with food boredom! I also like to have some beers on the weekends! which in turn make my food choices not so good! How do I add friends? Also do I just look for this post daily??
  • tamj73
    Options
    Oh I see this started last year!!! LOL
  • tamj73
    Options
    Im in a food rut! Any suggestions welcome! I ususally do a protien shake for breakfast and salad for lunch. Greek yogurt almonds yadda yadda......what do you eat??
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @wishfuljune I hope you're feeling better today!

@bluepoppies777 Your girls weekend sounds like so much fun! It sounds like it was definitely worth it

@jdelaroy Congrats on your loss! My NSV is packing snacks for the conference yesterday instead of eating muffins/extra treat bars. It sounds like your daughter is giving you a run for your money! You're making me glad my "child" is four legged and can be kenneled when naughty lol.

@rpmtnbkr Welcome!

@tamj73 I've been a pintrest addict for awhile and use it to search out new healthy recipes. This week is pesto tortellini with roasted vegetables and slow cooker roast beef with caramelized brussel sprouts. I cook in advance on Sunday and eat what I make during the week. Every week I try to make at least 1 new recipe to mix it up

@gemwolf110 Glad to hear your lungs are feeling better! Were you able to do the run?

@melaniedscott Love the idea of chipotle in cream cheese, yum!

@janetay01 Sorry to hear your freedom is coming to an end. Sounds like you were super productive! Luckily the moldy muffin was no match for me ;)

@ShyCush6 Sorry to hear about your basement :( You get bonus points for being so positive about the flood!

• Rachel0778
    Options
    So Monday ended up being a 12 hour day and yesterday was 14 hours. I'm exhausted, cranky, overwhelmed, and really sick of my coworkers. Thanks to my long days, I had 0 time to exercise so I also don't have my happy endorphins. Is it the weekend yet?