Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Funny enjoy reading everyone posts! I just wanted to pop in to say hi! I may not be on tomorrow. Not sure what to expect with surgery tomorrow.

Bag packed ready to go! I don't like going under being knocked out It just freaks me out.

But at least the answers to the unknown the blanks be filled in !

Have a good night !

Liz
    Idaho

• pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @birgitkwood and @elizabeth2360. Prayers for you both.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    @Liz Prayers for a good outcome of your surgery.
    I'm kind of at a stalemate right now when it comes to reaching my goals. The funeral was really nice and we enjoyed time with family. No opportunity to plan and prepare my own food. I just tried to be mindful of what I was choosing. The problem is that I have to do all of the driving and I eat constantly to keep from getting sleepy. Some of my snacks were healthy, but not all of them.
    Now I have to get ready for my trip this weekend to spend time with my 4 sisters. We aren't leaving the brothers out. We just don't have any. I'm sure it will be great. I'm very excited, but good food choices and planning will not be part of the agenda. I'm just hoping not to do too much damage before I get home. Again driving and snacking.
    Right now my weight it holding pretty steady so that is good.
    I have lots to do before we go so maybe I can burn some extra calories doing the prep.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in ... I had a weight gain this week again. The amount I gained isn't supported by the calories I've consumed, so I know it's something digestive that's going on and the weight will make a big drop one of these days soon. But at any rate, it's a disappointment.

Hope everything turns out well for you @birgitkwood and @Elizabeth2360.

• birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Survived the mammogram. Due to being heavily medicated it really wasn't too bad. In fact, the pressure of the machine actually felt good. At any rate, glad it's behind me.

On a good note, the Dr is beyond thrilled with me for the weight I've lost. The validation felt good to hear.

@Elizabeth2360 - sending you all the positive healing vibrations at my disposal. Keeping my fingers and all crossables crossed for you.

@Nikion901 - as I'm sure you know, that weird weight gain and sudden loss just happens sometimes. No real explanations, but of course when it's a GAIN, that freaks us out and is a bummer. You WILL see that sudden drop. Hope it's very soon. Don't let the gain play with you head in the meantime, ok?

@grandmakaye44 - I'm so sorry to hear of the loss in your family. My condolences. Enjoy this time with your sisters - family is so important! Be reasonably careful/mindful of the food choices you make, but don't worry about it TOO much. That's how I do it when away from home and out of my regular routine. Seems to work for me, hope it does for you as well.

@pneschich - clearly I had not considered the hissing (really? I had no idea totoises make noise) and peeing. Ok then, back to regular hand weights, or whatever, I suppose. Thought I was onto a novel idea... Lol
  • drogurl28
    drogurl28 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In: I am on reset again I don't know what it is about the weekend that make me go over my calories every time. I do great during the week. I have got to start thinking of a weekend game plan. But I still logged every calorie
  • pneschich
    Options
    Monday check in. Didn't lose a pound this week. Up and down 288-291.5, feels like mostly up. Friday is meet with the surgeon day, filled with trepidation. I read an article today about the biggest losers and how difficult it is to keep it off. Not entirely convinced on the science behind it but the results are inarguable. I never watch that stuff. Only walked every other day last week. Knee and feet hurting. I really want to smoke a nice cigar too. Don't know why that was important to share but there it is.

I hope everyone has a terrific week, easily stays on plan and loses inches, and numbers on the scale too. Prayers to those in need and worried.

@birgitkwood it's more like the sound an accordion would make with no noise maker on the end. Tortuga is about 25 lbs of peeing cranky when you pick him up. With no decent handhold.
  • jlolsen516
    jlolsen516 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Monday check in. I am back after falling off the wagon for almost 4 weeks. I've gained 3 lbs back. Hohum. I'm back though. My gastroentrologist put me on diet restrictions today. He said no soy, dairy, nuts, seafood, eggs, or wheat. I think this will kick start the weight loss again!
  • klrmatrix
    klrmatrix Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Hello, I have been on and off MFP fora few years always losing a little then gaining it back. This time am trying things differently! Starting with exercise. think would love to join the group as another change. be held more accountable..
  • jlolsen516
    jlolsen516 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @klrmatrix Welcome back! Good luck to both of us this time around!!
  • Nikion901
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

The other day I read an article about habits and how they tend to cannonball just by keeping at one little thing. It can be applied to anything we want to accomplish. The idea is to start a chain and not break it ... like, do something every single day toward reaching your goal (no matter how little or big the action is) and give yourself an X or * on a calendar that shows the entire year for each day you do it. As you keep going, day by day, a string or chain of X or *'s will be there to show that you are doing it.

There is an underlying theme here ... which is that when you do just one thing consistently it tents to become two things, then three, and then more ... all in time and all toward your goal. Don't Break The Chain!!!!

For me, with my extremely sedentary lifestyle, it's keeping up with all the chores a household requires when there is only one person to do it all ... me :blush: Thus, my chain will be to focus on activity that is related to getting and keeping the household running smoothly, in a clean, healthy, efficient manner.

Yesterday I cut the grass out front, but alas, one of the back wheels on my lawnmower broke apart so I didn't get the last strip of 6'x60' out front nor any of the back yard cut. Then, I went on to dig up and move 2 wheel barrows full of very well aged compost. Star #1 has been marked on the calendar.

This morning, I awoke during the middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep, so I got up and had coffee then found myself puttering around cleaning up around the kitchen sink, and then I made a spice rub for a prime rib of pork roast and rubbed it all over the meat ... and cleaned the kitchen counter. Star #2 has been earned~ :)
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My goal for today (and for the week) is too begin developing a habit of NO EATING AFTER 7pm! Shouldn't be so hard, should it? But I find I'm the "hungriest" between 8 & 10pm, and THAT'S when I want to eat the house. I know, however, that I'm not REALLY hungry - it's after dinner, after all. It's just a nasty habit of evening snacking that I've developed. A habit developed can be undeveloped - so that's my goal. My Mom, for decades, had brushed her teeth immediately after dinner and "put her teeth to bed." She eats nothing after her teeth are brushed. I'm gonna work on doing the same.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @birgitkwood and @Elizabeth2360 sending you hugs and prayers. I've had shingles and they are definitely the worst of pains.
    @pneschich Tortuga sounded like a perfect pet until you mentioned the 25 pounds of peeing cranky and the size and smell of his displeasure. I suddenly decided, "uhhh maybe NOT!" lol. Does he live outside until he's garaged inside a fence I assume?
    @klrmatrix and @jlolsen516 welcome back and good on ya!
    @Nikion901 I know the premise and it works, if you work it, and I'm going to give that stinking desk another go this week! LOL I did make a lot of progress but then I missed an "X" and then was quite successful with that string of missed Xs. LOL
    I'm also going to work on getting back to the old walking up a storm and closing the kitchen when the meal is done! I haven't been on the scale and probably won't be until I'm back to some X days in a row. No point in defeating myself before I have a chance to do better!
    Sending good thoughts to all of you!
    PS the new photo is of me in my punk rocker costume for the party last Friday night. NO ONE knew me! LOL They said it took 30 years off, maybe I should invest in a really good black wig instead of the $7 one from Walgreens! LOL
  • Nikion901
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @Nikion901 I know the premise and it works, if you work it, and I'm going to give that stinking desk another go this week! LOL I did make a lot of progress but then I missed an "X" and then was quite successful with that string of missed Xs. LOL
    I'm also going to work on getting back to the old walking up a storm and closing the kitchen when the meal is done! I haven't been on the scale and probably won't be until I'm back to some X days in a row. No point in defeating myself before I have a chance to do better!

Pix is great and looks like you had fun.

As for the X's that I read about, it doesn't have to be one specific thing you are doing toward your goal ... the exercise is to to SOMETHING toward your goal, so let's say your goal is staying within a certain calorie range ... the nugget goal is losing some extra weight; thus even if you went out of your calorie range if you did something else that leads to weight loss that day, you still get the X ...

For me, even picking up one pile of clothes in the corner of the bedroom is a step toward a: moving more, b: having a cleaner and healthier house ... double wammy but only one X for the day cause I could have stopped at just picking up the pile and still done that one little thing towards my goal. Of course, that's just an example. But the point is to make it easy on yourself to succeed because success breeds more success.

After I see some success on my goal I will probably set something more specific, like you did, as my daily goal ... like maybe doing those 10 minutes of exercise first thing every morning, or making my bed every day, or having a spotless kitchen sink and counter BEFORE bed every day.
  • drogurl28
    Options
    Tuesday Goal: My goal is to say NO to a lot of food this weekend. Everyone is home during the weekend and that means food, food, and more food. And I usually give in.
  • pneschich
    Options
    My goal is to read the #$@!#%%!!! Labels better. Who would have thought a pot pie was 2 servings? Never occurred to me. I was craving one, went to the store, read the label, it fit in my plan at 430 calories, bought it, nuked it, ate it logged it and wait a minute! 430 for half? I just ate more than half a days calories!! It wasn't even as good as I wanted it to be. No angels sang, nirvana was not achieved and I burned my tongue too.
  • transformationbutterfly327
    Options
    My goal is to make it through the rest of the week without bingeing/purging. Work in progress here but I can do it.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @pneschich -- that drives me crazy about the pot pies! I've had the same experience with Marie Callendar's. Also, they have 2 different sizes, so one is 2 servings at 430 each and another is something like 610 for the entire pie. Very frustrating. I had a similar label mishap. I always keep some breakfast Lean Pockets handy to take to work when I forget to boil eggs. Yesterday, I took the second one out of the box in the freezer and tossed the box into the recycling bin. When I got home from work, I noticed that the box is for Hot Pockets, not Lean Pockets! Not sure how I missed that, or if I've done it on other occasions.

@birgit-- so sorry to hear about your shingles. I got them when I was 30, also on one side of my torso. I was fortunate to have a very small rash, but it was still the painful thing I think I've ever experienced. In addition to dealing with the pain and annoyance of trying to find clothes that didn't touch the rash (it was right at my waistline), I had the stress of having to go through some tests to see why I got it at such a young age. The doctor determined it was probably a response to going off of some heavy duty antibiotics (I had cut my fingers on hedge trimmers--17 stitches!), but waiting for all of the blood work results wasn't fun.

@liz-- sending warm thoughts that your surgery and recovery go well.

@kaye-- sorry for your loss. I hope you have fun visiting with your sisters. I went to family wedding this past weekend, and my younger sister and I drove the 5 hour trip together b/c we left our DHs at home. We rarely get time for just the 2 of us, so it was a lot of fun.

AFM-- Sorry I haven't been checking in much lately. I've been reading posts, but haven't had a chance to check in myself. The reality is that I haven't been logging food again--not b/c I've been eating badly, I've just been super busy and the little bit of time I have for MFP is spent keeping up with the Amazing Race challenge I'm in. Our quarter ends this Friday, so I need to finish a bunch of grading and writing conferences with my students.

Tuesday Goals:
    1. Switch out the rest of my summer wardrobe to winter clothes. Yes, the weather has definitely turned here.
    2. Clean the fish tank.
    3. Drop off bag at good will.

Grading Goals:
    4. x/2 letters of recommendation
    5. 4/40 Siddhartha reflections
    6. finish logging quiz corrections

You vs Year Challenge:
    280 k done/ 720 k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE + yard work DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner + gym
    Thurs-- walk gunner
    Fri-- walk gunner
    Sat-- walk gunner + gym
  • drogurl28
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I wish my son would go back to sleep so I can get a few more hours of sleep. Life with a 3 month old
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,867 Member
    Options
    I found a letter I had written 2 months ago to my future (Thanksgiving 2016) self, encourageing and motivating myself to exercise and eat healthy and drink water. I feel I have been doing those things but dissappointingly I weighed the same this weekend (305.6) as I did the Saturday I wrote that letter to myself. :disappointed: