This is MY year!

Options
Hello, I am 39 years old and I am officially tired of being chubby with cellulite, double chin and big thighs. I am starting again and this will be the last time. When I turn 40 yrs old I will be where I want to be. I will come to terms with my body and workout regularly and eat a balanced diet. I no longer want to think about my weight, food or body size. It has been long enough. Who's in? I am currently a size 14, weighing 197 lbs and eating too much junk. In one year, let's vow to weigh less than we do today, October 22, 2016.

Replies

• Farrell73
    Farrell73 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I'm in. This is my year too! Well last year was my return to health, this year sort of a transition to fit year. Still have a ways further to go but have made a lot of progress so far.

You can do it!!
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hello, Glad to see that you are interested in making a change. I am going to call this our "52 Week Plan" starting from Oct 22nd. We will have weekly weigh-ins on Saturdays. You can check in as often as you like with the good, the bad and the ugly of your program. You can also share your diet plan. You may put in you stats too. Today, my hips are 42", waist 37.5", chest 41.5", lower abdomen 41.5" and thigh 26.5". I am 5'5" and I weigh 197 lbs. I will measure again next month. I am currently doing the Lean for Life Plan. It is basically a low carb, moderate protein and lowfat diet. I have modified it to a high fat plan. Cutting out fat is not good for my brain, hair and skin. Let me know your plans or diet. Best wishes <3
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Will you be starting a group for this or just check into this thread on Saturdays?
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    I'm currently 159/160, highest weight was 167/168.
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    @courtneyfabulous Just checking in here....Thanks
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    @courtneyfabulous Weigh-ins are on Saturdays, although I will be checking through out the week. Best wishes
  • happystampers
    happystampers Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in! I'm 52 and have been battling my weight since I had kids. Never had to worry before then. I have learned that I'm extremely carb sensitive. Just joined a gym close by and start tomorrow. I have tried to lose many times before and I lose so slow I get frustrated and end up losing my will. I am also 5ft 5in and weighed in at 199. I was shocked! So, I'm starting for good this time. What is a good ratio of fat, carbs, protein for someone who needs to keep carbs low? I just joined site today and am not sure how to keep track of this page. Thank you in advance for any info and support! We can do this!!!
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    @happystampers Glad you are joining us! You can click on the star near the mid corner right side. It will bookmark this thread and so you can search your bookmarks later. If it is too tough you can always message me. You can also use set up your MFP "Goals" section as a guideline to get started. Best wishes
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    I am in! I'm 52 and have been battling my weight since I had kids. Never had to worry before then. I have learned that I'm extremely carb sensitive. Just joined a gym close by and start tomorrow. I have tried to lose many times before and I lose so slow I get frustrated and end up losing my will. I am also 5ft 5in and weighed in at 199. I was shocked! So, I'm starting for good this time. What is a good ratio of fat, carbs, protein for someone who needs to keep carbs low? I just joined site today and am not sure how to keep track of this page. Thank you in advance for any info and support! We can do this!!!

Most important thing is to get your calories right, then figure out how much protein you need to get per day. You can then set your carbs and fats to whatever works best for you.

I find this website helpful for figuring out calories & macros:
    http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • didknot226
    didknot226 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My year too. I am sick of being over weight. Thanks for your support
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    For the past several days I've been eating a lot of chicken and veggies. I just can't take another bite. Went to my mom's and she made me a simple salad & baked potato. SOOOOO GOOD. lol.
  • countrysweet1127
    countrysweet1127 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This weight has to go this is our year!
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    I just can't believe it took me 22 years of dieting to figure out that simply counting calories is all I have to do (seriously- been dieting off and on since I was 13 and am now 35). So simple yet effective :)
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    So, had a tough day at work.....very long. Celebrated coworkers bday and I still tracked today. Tracking really helps me from evereating. All progress is progress.
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    Week 1(Oct 29): Today I weighed in at 196 lbs. I have lost 1lb this week. I plan to measure only once a month. So, I will put in my measurements on November 22nd. This week was really busy. I ate out a lot but I still continued to measure. I usually cook my meals. It's interesting because as soon as you make a positive changes, something immediately challenges your decision.
  • argos14
    argos14 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Down is good! Good luck!
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Today I weighed in at 159.2, I weighed 160.2 1 week ago, so I lost 1 pound.

This is fantastic because this was a hard week for me - I had multiple work deadlines and worked up to 12 hours for several days this week. I didn't get in as much exercise as I'd like but I did do some, and I ate within my calories most days even if it was not always the best choices since I was so busy I went for some convenience foods.

Still made progress in the face of stress & being really busy! Yay! I'm getting better at prioritizing weight loss and my health.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What did you consume on Friday the 28th? If you delay logging, you forget and introduce inaccuracy, depriving yourself of the resource of an accurate record.