90 Day Fitness & Food Challenge

Options

Replies

• Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, Aliem! What a splurge you had....well, it will all even out and maybe you'll still be close to your goal if you have a good weekend. But that muscle soreness may get you, though...now that I think of it. Hope you enjoy the barre class tonight! Sounds great.

I was down 2 lbs this morning from yesterday but i didn't record it. Hopefully today's workout won't put me back up again for my official weigh-in tomorrow. My strength program took me 42 minutes today and then did 10 minutes of stairs plus 10 of yoga. Had a protein salad and store bought rotisserie chicken for dinner which was a nice change from my typical supper.

Tomorrow my run intervals jump from 12 to 14 minutes total to 20 minutes with 38 minutes run/walk total. I'm really looking forward to the bump up and hopefully will start getting some endurance with the longer intervals. All that cardio I was doing at home was a piece of cake compared to running. Probably means I should be running even slower than I already am but goodness it's hard going at such a crawl. Anyway, my 1st interval tomorrow is 8 minutes followed by 6, 4, and 2 minutes. If I can get through the 8, I know I can manage the rest.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Yay, I did my run/walk today with no problems and it felt great. Now I know that next week's increase to 10 minutes is something I can handle. Today's totals: 38 minute run/walk, 7 minutes stairs, and 15 minutes yoga for 60 total.

Almost forgot...my weigh-in this morning was 143.4 so I'm .2 from my goal. Looks like I'm going to squeak by to meet October's goal on Monday. I'm thinking of moving November's goal down to 4lbs instead of 6. Think that seems more reasonable with slowed weightloss.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Yay, I made my goal this morning. Hit 143.2 for the 6lb loss. Just have to keep it steady for 2 more days now.

Planning to do strength today...maybe an hour or so and then finish with yoga.
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yesterday day was a mess. Did make it to yoga in the morning, but food was bad bad bad! About to head out to barre class and then I have a free one on one Pilates class after. Should be able to keep food reasonable today. Most likely will be up come the Monday weigh in. Hopefully still under 130. Might need to adjust my November goal.

Rinde- that's amzing! You are so dedicated! You are almost into the 130s! Sounds smart to move your November goal now that you are getting close. I know I'm really struggling with my October one now that I am close.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Aliem: Sorry to hear you were off your program on Friday. Time to get back in the saddle and stay below 130! Two more days till end of phase 3. Can't believe it's finally here!

I ended up doing 60 minutes of strength, 15 minutes of HIIT, and 15 minutes of yoga for 90 total. I hadn't even thought about being close to the 130s. How exciting! My next goal is 140 and final goal is 135. Of course, it may be 130 now that I have running goals. We shall see.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Guys today was the big party for the 5th anniversary of the store..Tuesday was planning on starting back at the gym and get myself motivated again.

But woke up at 3am with a nasty Sore throats, fever and body fatigue and body ache. I went to my folks at 7:30 on a Saturday for my dad the doctor to confirm what I knew.... I got strep throat. Started an antibiotics about an hour later and only survived my day by tons of Advil and fake Smiling.

Now in bed.... think hopefully by Tuesday I can start again at the gym. Endings this event at 130 (it is what it is) but ready for the next 30 day challenge and see results again.

You guys and your milestones, achievement and motivation are truly inspiring to me!
  • aliem
    Options
    Trx done. Food has been all over the place. All within calorie goals, but definitely not healthy. Who knows what I'll weigh tomorrow. Hopefully under 130 but I don't even know. Ready for November!

Rinde - Great job! You are getting so close! I am sure you will hit all of your goals!

Becs - welcome back! Hope your store anniversary went well. Definitely relax and get better! Hopefully you will be back at it to start our next 30 day challenge!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Becs: so wonderful to have you back, but so sorry you're ill. Not good on your special day. Hope those anitibiotics make quick work of the strep and you're back to normal ASAP.

I weighed myself again this am and still at 143.2. Yay! Hoping for the same tomorrow for the end of phase 3. Rest day; just did an hour of yoga.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Okay, I did it! Made my goal of 6lbs for the month. Yippee!

SW on 7/30: 168
    Phase 1: 157.6
    Phase 2: 149.2
    Phase 3: 143.0

Goal: 18
    Actual: 25
    Total loss since I started on 6/27: 34

10/31 measurements:
    Chest: 36
    Waist: 29.5
    Hips: 38.25

Total loss:
    Chest: 1"
    Waist: 4.5"
    Hips: 4.25"

I'm really happy with my 90 day results! Nice weight and inches lost. For November my goal is a 4lb loss. I bumped up my daily calories by 50 which equates to a 3/4lb loss per week instead of 1, but I'm hoping for that little bit more to reach my goal. From what I've read on MFP, at this point I should be lowering my goal to 1/2lb per week, but I just couldn't handle the idea of 16 weeks instead of 8. So I'm sticking with my plan for now.

Thanks for a great 3 months, Becs and Aliem. I appreciate all your support and words of encouragement. You certainly have made the journey easier and lots more fun. Looking forward to the upcoming months with more loss and greater fitness!
  • aliem
    Options
    Yikes! This is what I feared! My high water retention time of the month combined with a new workout routine. Today was not a fun weigh in. On the bright side, the measurements were not bad (even down from last Thursday a bit.) I have also been taking a body fat % the last month or so and that is definitely down.

Starting weight: 144.6
    Goal Weight for phase 1: 135.1 pounds
    Goal Weight for phase 2: 127.6 pounds
    Goal Weight for phase 3: 123
    Phase 1 End Weight: 138.6 (Down 6 pounds!)
    Phase 2 End Weight: 132.8 (Down 5.8 pounds)
    Phase 3 End Weight: 131.2 (Down 1.6 pounds. So frustrating because I spent all of last week below 130. Hopefully I will be back below in the next few days. Starting tomorrow, I should hopefully start to slide for the next two weeks. Plus I should be losing some of that water weight from my new work out regimen.)

Measurements (waist was done day one, all others done two weeks ago):
    Waist: 28.5 / 27 / 25.5/ 25- down 3.5 inches
    Chest: 38 / 38 / 37/ 36.5- down 1.5 inch
    Hips: 39.5 / 39.25 / 38.5 / 37.5- down 2 inches
    Thighs: 24 / 23.75 /22.75/ 22- down 2 inches (4 total)
    Calf: 15 / 15 /14.5 / 14.25- down .75 inches (1.5 total)
    Arm: 12.5 / 12.25 / 12 / 11.75- down .75 inches (1.5 total)

That's 14 inches in total!

So my goal for the end of November is 123.6. That is 7.6 pounds. However, I really think it is more like 5 pounds since I was floating around 128/129 last week. This means I will really have to watch my diet more carefully. My last two weeks I have been all over the place and clearly it shows.

Rinde - Great job! You are so amazing. You beat your goal by a lot! Can't wait for the next 30 days!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Aliem: I can imagine that seeing the scale this am was a tad disappointing, but your measurement loss is fantastic and that really indicates all the work you put in the past 3 months! Yay for you! I hope that water weight falls off pronto and you're back under 130.

Workout update: 28 minutes run/walk, 12 minutes Fitness Marshall, and 20 minutes yoga.
    I was supposed to do 33 minutes on my run/walk but I mistakenly entered the incorrect amount of intervals for the day and inadvertently shortchanged myself. Oh well!
  • aliem
    Options
    Done with my workout today. Walked this morning. This evening I went to 45 minutes of Metcon3 (a form of circuits) and 50 minutes of dance. In the spirit of Halloween, we did a thriller routine. Somehow I racked up 25k steps today! I can already tell I am going to be sore tomorrow!

Great job for getting it done Rinde!
  • aliem
    Options
    Of course! Now I am back under 130! One day after the challenge and I am at 129.4. Still a bit higher than I was last week and more than I hoped, but about where I was expecting to be yesterday. It would have put my phase 3 loss at 3.4, which would be good considering there was a week missing from my phase 3 because my first two phases was a week behind. At least I am now ahead of my November goal!

Did barre this morning and did a ton of unintentional walking. At least I have an excuse to not move for the rest of the day. Food should be good. However, I might grab something for dinner instead of the planned snacking through today. After my morning, I really want a treat!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Aliem: Yay for being under 130 and getting great exercise. Fantastic!

I woke up feeling exhausted. Feeling didn't dissipate durring the day so took a resr day. No exercise at all. Just hope I feel better tomorrow for big run/walk session.
  • aliem
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Rinde. It happens. Definitely have been there before. I had like a whole week like that in Oct!

Did some walking this morning. Going to yoga tonight. It's supposed to be a more relaxing/stretching yoga class versus a more athletic form of yoga. I definitely need a good relaxing yoga session! Food should be pretty good today! Nothing exciting to report today!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Aliem: well, I like to hear how it's going for you even if you think it's not too exciting!

I'm at a doc in a box right now for this poison ivy-like nastiness I have all over my body. Just couldn't wait for a regular MD appt. It's driving me crazy! Anyway, did my 50 minute run/walk this morning with no problems. 28 total minutes running with intervals of 10, 8, 6, and 4 minutes. Felt great when I finished! Haven't finished rest of workout yet. Will do some yoga tonight.

• aliem
    Options
    Oh no! I hope you feel better soon! Good luck with yoga!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    aliem wrote: »
    Oh no! I hope you feel better soon! Good luck with yoga!

Thanks so much! Got a steroid shot, prednisone pack, and benadryl.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    becs3578 wrote: »
    Ok... Im back....

Becs Day 79....

Last two years were terrible. I let the stress of work and family and the epic time crunch get me off track. I am not being negative with my next comment just honest.... I WONT MAKE MY GOAL but I am not going to let that devastate me. I am going to do everything I can to end the 90 day challenge on a high note and then move on the first of our 30 day challenges.

So Sunday I prepped 15 servings of chicken noodles soup with fresh roasted veggies. Had it last night (tasty) and will have tonight. Didnt get to the gym yesterday (forgot socks and a sports bra and was dead tired after 4 days in a row of going to bed at 1am). But I am planning to head over there tonight for 30-45 of elliptical. I realize with the punishing schedule ahead of me I cant keep up my 5-6 days a week at the gym. So I am going for 3-4 day a week at the gym until January. And healthy eating. After I finish this batch of soup I will make another style. The soup works for me and is filling at night without being too much. During the day I barely have time to stop to my diet will consist of the following... wheat english muffin and protein shake for breakfast, mini meals without the day at work (shake, bar, apple, 100 calorie snacks) and soup for dinner. Also trying to get back to drinking more water.

RINDE - You are doing so amazing and I just love reading about your sucess! 30 lbs is absolutely incredible

ALIEM - You are gonna get there... I am hoping to still be below 130 when I weigh on thursday but i am not optimistic. Got some LBS to work back off I think. Be safe on your run!

ktvtnkob277c.jpg

eeg2zuq4kqry.jpg

What protein foods did you want with this?
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    becs3578 wrote: »
    Ok... Im back....

Becs Day 79....

Last two years were terrible. I let the stress of work and family and the epic time crunch get me off track. I am not being negative with my next comment just honest.... I WONT MAKE MY GOAL but I am not going to let that devastate me. I am going to do everything I can to end the 90 day challenge on a high note and then move on the first of our 30 day challenges.

So Sunday I prepped 15 servings of chicken noodles soup with fresh roasted veggies. Had it last night (tasty) and will have tonight. Didnt get to the gym yesterday (forgot socks and a sports bra and was dead tired after 4 days in a row of going to bed at 1am). But I am planning to head over there tonight for 30-45 of elliptical. I realize with the punishing schedule ahead of me I cant keep up my 5-6 days a week at the gym. So I am going for 3-4 day a week at the gym until January. And healthy eating. After I finish this batch of soup I will make another style. The soup works for me and is filling at night without being too much. During the day I barely have time to stop to my diet will consist of the following... wheat english muffin and protein shake for breakfast, mini meals without the day at work (shake, bar, apple, 100 calorie snacks) and soup for dinner. Also trying to get back to drinking more water.

RINDE - You are doing so amazing and I just love reading about your sucess! 30 lbs is absolutely incredible

ALIEM - You are gonna get there... I am hoping to still be below 130 when I weigh on thursday but i am not optimistic. Got some LBS to work back off I think. Be safe on your run!

ktvtnkob277c.jpg

eeg2zuq4kqry.jpg

What protein foods did you want with this?

Do you eat with this...eat...sorry.