90 Day Fitness & Food Challenge

Options

Replies

• aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Whooohoooo! Weekly weigh in is good today. 128.4! That's officially lower than my low point last week! Maybe I should not have adjusted my goal. However, I think five pounds is reasonable still. Hopefully I can get 3-4 pounds in the next two weeks and work on the last one during my slower two weeks, which conveniently includes Thanksgiving. Yoga last night was not an easy, relaxing class. It was going so fast that even the people that could do handstands and such were falling all over the place! Did Metcon3 this morning. I thought I was going to die! But I feel good now.

Rinde - That's not good. Hope you are feeling better. I know when I take benadryl, I always feel like I was hit by a bus and just can't stay awake!
  • Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Aliem: yay, for your weigh-in! Great job! Super effort for tough yoga and am workout. Keep it up, you can make your goal!

Well, I'm in confusion about my rash. When I woke up this morning, it was better. Then as morning waned, just got worse again and more itchy. Contacted a close friend who is dermatologist in CA and he gave me couple alternatives to my diagnosis and told me not to take the prednisone saying it will be just be temporary with negative side effects. So not sure of next course to take. Might need to see dermatologist, I guess.

Haven't done my weightlifting or yoga yet today. Hopefully will get at it this afternoon.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hey guys....

Illness had me down for the count since Saturday. Strep getting better but side effects of the antibiotics have me struggling. Still have 3 more days to go hoping my body feels back to normal next week.

Rinde- that rash sounds miserable. How are you feeling?

Aliem- omg congrats on 128 that is so awesome. I am so proud of what y'all have achieved during the challenge. I ended with a whimper but once I get fully healthy I hope to share some new goals for the next 30 days and move forward with you guys with the amazing talks amazing results!

Golden girl - roasted white meat chicken. It is my usually protein when I am eating at home!
  • aliem
    Options
    Well last night did not goes as planned. Did not bring enough food with me yesterday. When I was almost home I was STARVING. Like eat everything in my path starving. So I stopped and Panda Express (generally not a huge fan, but I was craving orange chicken) and just gorged. I did stop short of eating the whole thing (which in the past I might not have), but I was definitely way over yesterday. It was just one day so it's not a huge deal, but clearly easing up a little has translated into easing up a lot. I really need to get back on track. Today was a rest day. I was so tired last night that I cancelled my morning class (there are a few you need to sign up for in advanced. no penalty or anything.) Sleeping in helped a bit, but I am still tired. Have to get up early tomorrow morning for a training session (a few sessions come free.) Hopefully I get to sleep in a bit on Sunday.

Rinde - Oh no! I hope you figure out the source soon! Hope you rocked your weight lifting and yoga went well!
  • aliem
    Options
    Becs - Hope you feel better soon! Can't wait to have you back!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Mom died this morning. Just got back from my run/walk to clear my mind a little. Will try to do my yoga. Not sure if I'm up to it. Sorry for the bummer update.
  • aliem
    Options
    Oh my goodness. I am so sorry for your loss. Definitely do not worry about working out.
  • aliem
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend. I was all over the place. Not too much working out this weekend and food was terrible. However, I have food prepped this weekend and am determined to get back on track (yes I know. I have been saying this for weeks). I am back up to 130. I really am determined to stay below 130 and get back on track. Food is much higher on protein and I hope to keep it that way. With the upped calcium, I do notice my nails are a lot stronger. Yay! Tried a cycling class this morning. Sooooo hard. I swear the girl in front of me was going so fast and at a higher resistance and was not breaking a sweat, while I was just a puddle. Hoping to have a good week and refocus.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Trying to stay on board with exercise and food. Took a long walk on Saturday but didn't do any weights last week at all. Just couldn't get my mind to do the lifting. Hopefully, will get it together and get back to lifting tomorrow with regular Tuesday workout.

My daughter and best friend came over yesterday to help me clean up my mom's room. Previously, it served as my art/guest room, but changed it to art/ fitness room. So now I have plenty of space for my weights and large floor area to practice yoga. Felt rather cleansing to do all that but at same time felt a little guilty for removing all my mom's clothes and other things. It needed to be done so there's really no reason for the guilt but it's still niggling at me.

Did my Sunday weigh-in: 141.2.
  • aliem
    Options
    Food was good yesterday. Did have a small treat, but much better than the last few weeks. Back down to 129.4. Hoping to break even from last weeks weigh in this week. I was debating about doing more progress pictures on Friday (one month from the last ones), but while there are some differences I can see, it is not much since my diet has been off. I might just take them in December. Went to Barre this morning. Food should be good today!

Rinde - Great job! I am glad you now have a work out room! I can't imagine what you are going through, but at least you are staying positive. Also, great weigh in!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Aliem: good job on weight and getting back to your food routine!

Finally did my lifting after lay off of a week. Practiced yoga, too for my hour total. Food on track per usual. Feeling totally exhausted once more...I think from steroids for rash. Off to bed very early again.
  • aliem
    Options
    Today is a yoga day (hopefully I can make the class after work). I am really tired today and had a headache for a lot of the morning/early afternoon. I think I might have just needed more carbs or salt cause a bag of chips later and it has disappeared. Might need to tweak my food tomorrow, but I'm not sure why it would hit me today when I have had the same food for the last three days.

Great job Rinde! Way to stick to it even when you are not feeling well. I need to channel some of that energy into today!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better tonight! Yoga sounds good...hope it's not as hard as last time!

I'm still feeling exhausted but had a full day. Did my run/walk (40 minutes) this morning; didn't have time for yoga after, however. Haven't weighed myself since Sunday so hopefully I'm still on track.
  • aliem
    Options
    Sigh. Did not do yoga last night. Headache came back and I was crazy tired. Normally I would have some coffee and just suck it up and go. But I used to have a really bad caffeine problem and actually had to give up coffee completely earlier this year due to some medical issues. I can have some now, but I am really trying hard to not become addicted again and I relied on coffee a bit too much last week. Figured I just needed to sleep, which I did. Almost got 7 hours last night, which was nice. Definitely feeling a bit better today. Pushed through my METCON3 workout, which was tough, but I feel really good. Did not need the 5 pound weights at all this week and probably could have used some heavier weights for at least one round of the exercises. Next week I will try with the 8 and 10 pound weights instead! Did not measure today, but I think my arms are finally starting to come down! Weigh in wasn't great. I am back at 128.8. Still lower than Monday, but higher than last week, which was expected. I need to make sure not to cheat this weekend so I have another really good week. Going to Vegas for Thanksgiving (Tues-Sat) and a football game in a week and a half so I really need to be as perfect as possible the rest of the month. I had cranked my calories up to 1300, instead of 1200, but I might need to go back to 1200 next week.

Rinde - Great job! I hope the scale is in your favor!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Aliem: So sorry to hear your headache came back in full force. That sounds rough. I used to get migraines and would take caffeine for relief as well. Just be careful, as you say.

I didn't do my weights or yoga yesterday. Just too exhausted in the morning and was gone the rest of the day. Didn't get home till 10 and went to bed soon after. Weighed myself this am and am still at 141.2. Guess it's better than gaining, but had hoped for a little loss. Will be doing my 50 minute run/ walk later this morning.
  • aliem
    Options
    I really need to figure out my food situation. Last night I did it again. Was starving after eating a normal amount of food and then binged on chili cheese fries. Not sure what has gotten into me recently. I know I am now going to not hit my goal this month unless something drastically changes. Getting really frustrated with myself. Hopefully I can stop this cycle today. Did my workout this morning. Went to a 4x4 class (which is essentially circuits). It was lots of fun. Maybe fun is not the right work, but I enjoyed it. Food is planned to be good.

Rinde - Great job! With all of your ups and downs, it's amazing that you are still staying the same. I haven't had them and I have been all over the place. You are so good!
  • aliem
    Options
    This weekend was okay. Maybe not the healthiest of choices, but I had a double/triple workout on Saturday (step class and barre and some personal training). The personal training was about 50% more about how to stretch out my muscles to get more flexibility to get my form correct. I think that was more valuable than the actual work out part. I am already starting to get a bit more flexibility around my ankles. I have sprained both of them several times and have knee issues. I think I will keep it up for at least a bit. Unfortunately the next few weeks I won't be able to make it to the club, where the trainer is at so I will have to pick it back up in a few weeks. Sunday, I did not work out. This morning I got to my spin class. It was much better this week. Still not my favorite workout, but it was less miserable. Food should be good today. Back down to 128.8 (I was back at 130.4 last Friday). I was kinda surprised, but am definitely happy about it. Now I just need to start chipping at my goal, but I am definitely back on track.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    The personal training sounds pretty cool! And what a big workout day! Congrats on being back down again.

Ive been eating too much over the past 4 or 5 days and skipped exercise on Sat and Sun. My weight is holding steady at 141.2, amazingly enough. Ate better today and did my run/walk of 48 minutes late this afternoon. I'm totally out of the groove I've been in since July. Hopefully, I'll stay on track this week.
  • aliem
    Options
    Wooohhoooo! Finally some actual progress! Hopefully this continues and I have a good check-in on Thursday! Forgot my lunch/dinner at home, but I bought a super yummy salad that should not bust my calories! Barre this morning is done! Hopeful for the next week!

Rinde - Great job getting through your run/walk! Way to get back on track! We all hit some hard points! You have still made great progress!
  • aliem
    Options
    Yay! Down again. Since I have been leaving early all days, except Wednesdays, to work out near my work, I have not done measurements since the end of our challenge. Well since I had some time this morning, I did them and I am super excited! Also, since my measurements and mirror was a huge mental boost today, I thought I would bring out a few dresses I have been dying to wear. I got both of them online and in the right size (right size might be a stretch, but when I received them I was about 5-10 pounds from zipping them up and one of them came from a brand where I could fit that size in other dresses so I thought it was correct.) Well today they both zip (one had been zipping for the last 5-8 pounds, but now when I wear it and turn sideways, It doesn't accentuate the fact that I still have pounds to lose!) One of the dresses I am hoping to wear for a Christmas party on the 10th. Since I wore it today with zero food in my stomach, I think it will be totally doable if I lose another couple of pounds by then. I am pretty excited about that!

Today is a "rest" day. Still walked. Still hoping to hit up an evening yoga class, but I think the likelihood of that is about 10%. Food will be good. Hopefully I can keep the progress going. Maybe I can hit the November goal!