What is your favorite Laughing Cow Cheese recipe?

Options

Replies

• Tamhan
    Tamhan Posts: 5
    Options
    Laughing cow, really? I love cheese and have been denying myself it for a few weeks now, didn't know there was an alternative! All of these recipies sound awesome! Things like this actuallymake me excited to eat healthier rather than dread the next meal....Thank you all!=)
  • lizajanetoo
    lizajanetoo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • agirl11
    agirl11 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Running out to try it tomorrow! :)
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mspix
    mspix Posts: 153
    Options
    I :heart: LC! My most recent fave recipe is from Hungry Girl, Mac n Cheese BLT. De-Lish! My entire household digs in!

BLT-rific Mac 'n Cheese

PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, about 1 cup): 227 calories, 4.5g fat, 588mg sodium, 32.5g carbs, 5.5g fiber, 5.5g sugars, 14g protein -- PointsPlus® value 6*

Playing the part of lettuce here is... SPINACH! It's more nutrient-packed and can take the heat. Go, spinach!

Ingredients:
    4 1/2 oz. (about 1 1/2 cups) uncooked whole-wheat or high-fiber penne pasta
    2 - 3 yellow summer/crookneck squash (enough to yield 4 cups once cut up)
    3 cups chopped spinach
 leaves
    1 large tomato, seeded and chopped

4 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
    2 slices fat-free cheddar cheese
    2 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
    1/4 cup precooked real crumbled bacon

Optional: salt and black pepper, to taste

Directions:
    In a large pot on the stove, prepare pasta al dente (firm) according to the instructions on the package. Drain well, return to the pot, and cover to keep warm. Set aside.

While water comes to a boil and while pasta cooks, cut squash into pieces similar in size to the penne pasta, each about 2 inches long and half an inch thick.

Spray a large skillet (with a lid) with nonstick spray, and bring to medium heat on the stove. Add squash, cover, and cook for 5 minutes, occasionally uncovering to stir.

Add spinach and tomatoes to the skillet, re-cover, and continue to cook for about 1 minute. Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach has wilted, tomatoes are hot, and any excess liquid has cooked off, 2 - 4 minutes. If needed, drain excess liquid. Set aside.

Break cheese wedges and cheese slices into pieces and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Add sour cream and lightly stir to coat. Microwave for 30 seconds, and then stir thoroughly. Microwave for another 30 seconds, or until cheeses have fully melted. Mix until smooth.

Add cheese mixture, bacon, and cooked veggies to the pasta. Toss to coat. If needed, bring to desired temperature on the stove. If you like, season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve it up!

PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, about 1 cup): 227 calories, 4.5g fat, 588mg sodium, 32.5g carbs, 5.5g fiber, 5.5g sugars, 14g protein -- PointsPlus® value 6*
  • auntamama
    auntamama Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Recently I have been making my own blue cheese dressing. Just mix a wedge of the Laughing Cow Blue Cheese flavor with a little plain yogurt, some garlic powder and a dash of black pepper and pour over salad. Yum!
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    bump for later! everything sounds delish!
  • pearlymae
    pearlymae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pearlymae
    pearlymae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • roguetoast
    roguetoast Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    *bump*

Great thread! Gives me a few ideas I hadn't even thought of; might even get around to making the Labneh recipe someone suggested a while back. I'll post with results if it works out well :)
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nienie21
    nienie21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Great Thread. I'll check it out when I get home :)
  • meganmcg77
    meganmcg77 Posts: 38
    Options
    bump
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump...so many great ideas...thanks!
  • mariaguadalupe25
    mariaguadalupe25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow is great but it's still a manufactured food product - meaning that it's filled with lots of weird ingredients that I'm not so sure I want to be putting in my body (at least not in large quantities). Anyhow, I LOVED Laughing Cow but cut out all processed foods. What's a girl to do? Make your own!

Okay, I promise it's not that hard, in fact it's super easy (two ingredients). See below:

Step 1: Mix 16 ounces of plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt with 1/2 tsp salt (or less, if desired). IMPORTANT: Make sure your yogurt doesn't include gelatin or stabilizers - the ingredients should just be milk and active cultures. Chobani brand works extraordinarily well.
    Step 2: Drop mixture into a cheesecloth. Collect the corners of the cheesecloth and hang over a bowl in the fridge so that they whey (watery mixture) can drip out
    Step 3: Allow to sit for 24 hours, or until desired dryness is achieved. It will yield approximately 11 ounces. (And only has 25.5 calories per ounce!)
    Step 4: Enjoy!

This "cheese" (actually called labneh, with origins in the Middle East) has the slight tang of the yogurt, and the texture of goat cheese (SOO much better than those processed wedges!). Personalize to your tastes by adding herbs and spices. Tonight I added dill and a pinch chile verde sea salt and spread it on tomatoes, it works well as a dip for veggies, spread for sandwiches and it also melts beautifully.

Enjoy!

Can't wait to try this!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Great new Salad Ideas! Try some of your favorite pasta sauce recipes and put them over spinach instead of pasta for a warm salad...I just did it with the shrimp piccata recipe I posted... only since I substituted the spinach for the pasta, I got to have 6 oz of shrimp and 3 wedges of LCC, light butter, capers, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Mrs. dash and cajun seasoning... best HUGE salad ever for 295 calories :)
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Just tried the salad idea with a buffalo shrimp recipe I borrowed from one of you guys here! delicious HUGE salad for under 300 calories :) Love LCC!
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    totally bumping. This is awesome! I like to use laughing cow on sandwiches and in place of cream cheese on a morning bagel thin.
  • Tamhan
    Tamhan Posts: 5
    Options
    Does anyone know or has anyone tried freezing LCC? I bought some in bulk at Sam's Club and i was thinking about freezing some for later use.