WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    NY Karen - Anna Maria Island sounds like Paradise. Enjoy! What did you take for reading? I am always curious about what people read.

Barbara - Adult would be a very loose term for that person.

Katla - Great NSV. So, are your new pyjamas cute, comfortable or just plain old sexy?
    Yoga for stretching and riding for muscles. You do more than you think.

Barbie - I'm glad you had a great day. You are one of my inspirations.

Sherry - I am sorry about your "run in". It's not fun to feel nervous about where you live. It sounds like you are doing things to make this better. Keep digging around in your mental/emotional toolbox for what works.
    That's right, woman, you ROAR.

Cheri - Your son is lucky to have such a talented and innovative Mom.

Gloria - I feel so bad for your neighbour. It's such a hard situation with young children. You made her life a little easier for at least one night. I hope she can find some housing soon.

Today was a much better day. Today I was told that I was a pleasure to talk to, an angel for my health, a breath of fresh air and a ray of sunshine. I did make one gentleman unhappy by directing him back to the line up.

I didn't do much when I got home from work. I slept on and off . I did text with my grandson in BC. He is such a funny kid and apparently I need to go see Dr. Strange. "It's trippy, Grandma. You'll like it." I am really looking forward to their visit in December. The little guy who just turned 6 wouldn't talk when I called him. He would just say Grandma and go off in fits of giggles. The giggles were contagious and I am smiling just thinking about it.
    Maybe I will get something accomplished in this house tomorrow. We shall see.

-Sharon in Lethbridge, Alberta
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, my funny movie is over and being yelled at by angry, mean people is very draining, so I am exhausted. I am going to go light that candle and pray for that mother and her boys. Then I'm gonna crawl into bed with my e-book and escape to another time and place until I fall asleep. Tomorrow is another day! Yay for tomorrows!

Sherry in "Roll over, you're snoring!" Portland
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,367 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    We are at DSIL's and recovering from a very jolly night, not derailed by the family trauma as all are now in agreement. :D

Setting off for home soon. Then we will attack the boxes of writings. Some are in a wardrobe and some in the loft. Might try just to get the novels done first. A couple are already on the computer, but the very early ones are not. I used to type on a second hand Olivetti 21 portable, that my mother bought me for my 21st birthday. I went to evening classes to learn how to type. Happy memories!

Katla - writing is a bit like weightloss and exercise; you do it whether you feel like it or not and inspiration and enthusiasm is not a daily requisite. Sticking to it is the main thing and getting there little by little. :D

Kim - I wish! The chances of me making any money from this enterprise is virtually zero. I wouldn't need any more motivation if I could make money from it. No, this is a project for love. I am looking for a tiny, fragile hold on immortality. :laugh:

Sherry - Sorry to hear about your neighbour troubles. Very draining. I would definitely see about moving to a nicer part of the park. <3

My thanks to all you ladies for being there. It so helps me to express my thoughts on the page and then to get some helpful feedback. The scanning idea was just the prompt I needed and I may be able to move my work forward now, instead of feeling stuck and helpless. Getting information on a situation is always helpful, even if you do not pursue it. Just talking to experts can shed a lot of light on a subject and there is always a learning curve, sometimes a steep one. What seems an insurmountable problem can look quite different when you have good information. Are you listening, Allie?
    I have learnt that you can advance forward without always knowing the destination. Knowledge is Power.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It's Sunday Morning Ladies! o:)

I lost my temper with a cousin on Facebook yesterday. Of course it was over her political point of view and I feel really bad about it. The incident has made me realize how much we use our internet family to blow off steam, communicate our feelings, etc. all from the safety of our own computers. ;) I think we sometimes type things we wouldn't ordinarily say. In some ways that's good and in some ways it's not so good. Anyway, my promise to myself is to read what I want to read, skip what I don't necessarily need to read, and not internalize other people's postings.

Tere in RVA
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    tere good insight, there are plenty of folks that have the same realization about the pitfalls of social media. I have never been a fan of it. When I tell my DD that she laughs hysterically and says "but mom, you love your MFP group of 50+ ladies, that's social media!"

I was afraid of going on this trip, for many reasons, so glad I didn't back out! Peaceful setting, friendship, walks, and in about a half hour I will snap a pic of the sun rising you know it does that every day!

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't read much for the past 2 days more talking with our friends, falling asleep by 9:00 each nite to the sound of the ocean. I will catch up with my book "when breath becomes air" on the plane!
    NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,816 Member
    Options
    well we are up and awake.. I went to bed and fell fast asleep at 6 pm then woke up at 9:40 pm and was awake for about 3 hrs tossing and turning and finally got up at 6...
    trying to figure out a menu for thanksgiving,,, and haven't broken the news to Tom about Bev and June coming over.... we have people over once a year and he still doesn't like it.. tough cookies!!
    going to get dressed and make breakfast for him and then we will go see DFIL and then back home im sure to do massive amounts of work here.. just talked to Tom and with everything going on with Homer he said we will see how it goes about going to Florida.. say what? just because he has been down 3 times this year already ,doesn't mean that I dont want to go .. here is hoping that Home is back in good shape and nothing else happens he was tucked under the covers with us last night..
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    wv4etsis1wes.jpg
    Sunrise Gulf of Mexico. Ohmmmmm
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    :*
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Gloria, reading your post breaks my heart. We take so much for granted and most certainly a roof over our head and food to eat are a couple of them. Gives me thot for my gratitude list. Bless you for your compassionate heart. I'll pray for this family and you and the boys (((hugs)))

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    Options
    KarenNY beautiful, thank you for sharing.

We ran smack into winter here in Raleigh. It was 27° when I got up this morning.

Janetr okc
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    NYKaren ~ Where are you? I thought you were in NY.

Gloria ~ You are so good to help that family in need. And, your little boy has so much compassion for his friends. It shows what a good job you are doing raising him.

Sherry ~ So sorry you happy haven has turned sour. Hopefully, you will be allowed to move to another spot.

I'm sitting here in all my clothes, socks, sweater, and warmest bath robe. Heat has gone out. It's probably not cold at all to those of you up North, but, as I get older it affects me greatly. I hate the heat of summer and the cold of winter. :'(

Carol
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Carol, it's very cold here in Raliegh and I'd be frozen without heat. Hopefully the heating problem can be rectified quickly. So sorry.

Janetr okc
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

Lillian Your distaste of washing windows reminds me of something from my childhood. My mom detested washing windows. We lived in big house with...you guessed it, LOTS of windows. A teenager who lived 20 miles out in the country lived with us during the week so she could attend high school & take part in extracurricular activities, and in exchange she helped Mom out with chores. When Mom mentioned the windows being a big job, this wise teenager said, "Lets just do one or two windows every night after supper." And the two of them did that every night for as long as I can remember. We always had sparkling clean windows. Mom didn't dread mind doing windows after that.

Newbies Welcome, welcome! Not so long ago I was a newbie, too! This group of women just takes you in to the fold. Come often. Post often. We are glad you came!

Amazing Amazons! Have I told you lately how grateful I am for the wisdom, strength, and resilience I am inspired by every day on this thread! Thank you. You have made a difficult week easier.

Karen in Virginia

I will have to try that. One window at a time.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    OK I give up. My tablet is eating half my posts

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Happy Sunday! It is tomorrow! It is another day! (that's for Sherry)
    Sherry- So sorry to hear of your troubles with the neighbors. They sound marginally scary/rude. I am wondering...if it would smooth things if you took the initiative to introduce yourself maybe by dropping a note with a plate of cookies? It used to be the other way around, where the new family/person was welcomed by the long time residents. I have noticed that that common practice is almost long gone. Perhaps if you flip it and use it as a way to introduce, you might end up with good neighbors who keep an eye on each other out of like/respect.
    Allie- You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Why, oh why, did God put that moody gene into men??!! It doesn't help that they don't talk about things. Will he sit and talk to you about whatever bug is up his butt? Will he talk to a counselor or minister? Ah, my friend, my heart is sore for you! <3 I want only happiness for you, whatever action/non-action you decide to take.
    Karen- So glad you are enjoying this trip! Sunrise is a wonderful time to be awake!
    Tere- I hear you on social media! I began unfollowing (not unfriending) friends and family about two weeks before the election. That way I couldn't see their posts and let them bother me. But this week political posts have been all over facebook and I have now limited myself to "five minutes for facebook." I use my five minutes to check notifications and messages and I try to post an inspirational, hopeful, or funny post for the day.
    Heather- So glad your evening with family went well despite the family trauma/drama. AND I am so happy you are finding some peace while getting your manuscripts and writings taken care of!! I am not a writer, as you and some of the other ladies on this site are, but I journal every day. I have found that this week, with all of the unrest this past week in the U.S. (and in my heart), I have been filling 2 and 3 times the usual number of journal pages. It feels like I am purging my soul.
    Sharon in Lethbridge- LOL! Are you a trippy grandma?! Dr. Strange is on my "want to see" movie list. I may take my big brother; The Dr. was always his favorite comic book.
    Gloria- Your big heart is showing! <3o:)<3

I went to family game night last night. These are my DH's brothers and their wives. DH couldn't come with. He took his methotrexate for his RA and it completely knocked him out. :( I had a good time anyway. I adore my SILs and we spent a good part of the night laughing. We ended up playing Cards Against Humanity. I am of two minds about this game. It is a game meant to offend by being over the top absurd. My SIL that hosted the party went through the box of cards (her game) and took out the cards that offended her. I get why she did it. But I told her "If we all go through and take out the cards that we find offensive, there won't be a game left." ANYWAY, part of the fun of playing this game was just watching the reaction of this family. Having to read cards and say things/words that I am pretty sure they have never said in their lives. (Imagine Ward and June Cleaver reading 50 shades of grey out loud or using the f-bomb.) Laughed until my abs ached! That's exercise, right? My SIL is headed down to DC in January for the Million Woman March. She asked if I wanted to go with. I am seriously thinking about it... Can you imagine?! Millions of women gathered to march, show solidarity, show their support for females, people with disabilities, childcare/education, equal pay, the LGBT community, people of color... Sounds VERY exciting to me!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,968 Member
    Options
    Just want to say I read up to here. Sorry to hear about your troubles Allie. Pm me if you ever want to get together and just vent. Sometimes good for the soul. Or text. Do you still have my number?

Rita from CT
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Need some suggestions for some form of exercise for my mom. She has had one knee replacement and now needs the other one done at some point. She is not a active person and getting her out with me to the gym is not going to happen. The less she moves around the worse she seems to be getting. Need something low impact and she can do at home. Something maybe her and I can do together would be great. Hoping if we work at it together she will be more motivated.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Cheri Very attracrive and innovative. I would never have thought of that. Good job. :)

Janetr okc