WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    SueBDew – Yep, STUPID! Unless you are ‘hunting’ them; you have to stay perfectly still. My DOS usually gets, at least, one during the season.

Katy – My DGD#4 has gotten DYS to say: SHEEeeee whenever he want to say Sh I t! She and DDnL#2 have gotten him to do things he would have NEVER done in his life. Dancing on a table celebrating “Father’s Day”, going to church, and dressing up at the SNL’s ‘church lady’ for Halloween and driving around the 4-wheeler around the neighborhood for DGD#4 to ‘trick or treat’, and over to his in-laws all dressed up. His DFnL had come over earlier while DGD#4 was putting make-up on him; and, he asked ‘Damn, son … what are they doing to you’? I think he already had the wig on. He really looked just like SNL's 'church lady'; but, when they sent the pictures, they told me that it was not to be posted to any 'social media site', especially not FB! They had gotten the wigs and clothes from her Grannie's house after she died. DYS could not wear any shoes other than his 'flip-flops'. He has a very wide foot and high instep. I was surprised that he did not wear his 'work boots'. That would have really looked funny.

Joyce – I was amazed. Never thought ‘that’ would happen. I was a really ‘happy’ camper.

Janetr okc – Turkeys and hens/roosters will tear up a flower bed in a heartbeat. We sometimes had chickens in our neighborhood; but, they roamed at least 3 or 4 neighborhoods and nobody did anything to them, other than to ‘fuss about them’. Right in the city limits.

Re – We’re going to “Outback” tomorrow for their steak and all the shrimp you can eat. I will eat the shrimp and bring the steak home for Monday. I’ll have to check the calories in shrimp to see how many I can eat. Hopefully, I can get them any way I want them cooked.

Katla and Michelle – It is ‘funny’, to me, that what one DDnL#1 calls potato salad the other one calls ‘mashed potatoes’ – potato salad. DDnL#2 calls a lot of things something different than I do. Like refrigerator is an ‘ice box’ to her. She’s cooked ‘soup’ twice and both times DYS has told her ‘this is horrible’. Poor sweetie, is a good cook; I don’t know why he is so picky all of a sudden. I guess he has cooked for himself so many years and quite differently, it is a change to his system.

I’m thinking about trying the 15-bean soup again; maybe, I won’t burn it this time since I have bought a new pot and thrown the other one away! Katla – have you ever had a test to see if you have enough potassium? I know not having enough will cause cramps. But, when you do take potassium, they will usually put you on HCG – short for something. Considered a BP meds; but, it is really more of a diuretic.

Allie – Our late JRT was on her last leg when we were planning a vacation. Really did not want to come home to find out from DOS that she had passed away while we were gone. She passed away a few days before we left. We waited about 6 months before we got Cracker, who is the sweetest, most animated dog we have ever own. Our first dog, together, was a miniature beagle, who would lay on her back on the sofa beside us and watch football on TV. Her head would move one way and then the other, so we knew she was watching it. Whether it was college or professional.

Margaret – Thank you! I was finally able to see the weight loss, especially in my ‘face’.

Tere It was me complaining about DH taking up the habit of ‘chewing’ tobacco when he stopped smoothing ‘cigarettes’. One is bad for him; the other impossible for me since I have breathing problems. He says that ‘he did it for me’. My house is a ‘no smoking’ house and nobody had ever done so (they go outside to smoke). I wish both sons would ‘stop smoking’ but, that is something they have to want to do. DOS only smokes when he is stressed or if he is drinking (which isn’t often). I am afraid for DH to take up ‘vapor’ cigarettes; he will get too attached to ‘holding’ something like one; and, might take up the habit again.

Lillian and Allie and Rita – I had a neighbor who always got ‘an allowance’ … but, a very generous one. She had to buy groceries out of it weekly and the rest she could spend on whatever she wanted. I asked her ‘why they did that’ one day; and, she told me it was because it would ‘burn a hole in her jeans’ if she got more. It forced her to be able to ‘save’ money because her husband was putting the rest in a savings account for her. He always put money in a savings account for her, whether or not she worked. They own several gas stations with a brother of her husband. Three of 4 in Albany, one in Bainbridge, and one other town. Their sons will inherit them. The former neighbors’ son is between my sons in age, and they have the ‘main’ one. Their office is in a log cabin right next door to it (uses the same parking lot).

I don’t work either, love weekends; but, it makes me lose track of my days. I can’t remember if it is Saturday or Sunday unless I look at a calendar and check my pill box. I would not shop on “Black Friday” if you paid me … I might go to sit and ‘people watch’ but NOT going to stand in line for anything, no matter what the sales price is.
    DDnL#1, her Mother, and sister went to Gainesville, FL this weekend to ‘shop’. That seems a bit ‘far’ to travel; but, I am guessing that since Granny is dying, DDnL#1’s mother needed a break; and Hospice has sent someone to watch over her for the weekend. She wanted to be far enough away that she would not get called to come home. She works full-time, and only gets one day off (usually); but, took some vacation days to do it. They left when DDnL#1 got off from her job.

Barbiecat – This is the first Thanksgiving in YEARS that we have not had Thanksgiving at our home. I will make a cheese cake pecan pie to take; and, maybe some type of casserole. DH talked to the lady who said she would bake a ‘pound cake’ for the exchange of the cheese cake pecan pie’ I had made for the ‘cake walk’ and I had told her that I did not want to put it in, if there was only a few people walking it for a $2 ticket. She asked me what kind of pie I had bought and said ‘I’ll take it and put the $15 in the pot’. She told DH that her husband ate ½ of it and said it was the best pie he had ever had. Both sons and DH ‘love’ it and now instead of buying 4 chocolate pecan pies to take out to Louisiana; they only buy 2 or 3 of them; and the other one (sometimes 2) are also made for them to take out there. One for them; and, maybe another to give away.

I usually send home food with DOS and family; and, then freeze whatever I have left over in individual serving sizes. DH said that I had to mark it; because I had a few things that I had not marked. One night this last week, I thawed out one, not knowing what it was … thankfully, it was a package of my DYS’s gumbo. So, apparently, the other identical package will also be gumbo.

DH is out putting some of my plants into the greenhouse; and, some of them I have put in my glassed-in porch; he will have to cover the screened door we have still not replaced with heavy plastic. I hope they will do ‘ok’ out there. I don’t know if he will put a heat lamp out there or not. Maybe the light I used to have by my chair will put out enough heat for them; or get a heat light to go in it.

Rita – We only have two credit cards apiece; I have an angel with a clear body full of cut up credit cards, to remind us that we never want to go there again. In 44 years of marriage, we have had to work really hard to pay several of them off, several times. I probably should put it where it would be something we saw every day. One of mine is one that I transferred all the balances of the 6 or 7 little ones I had; so it is pretty much ‘tapped out’. I haven’t used it but a couple of times, just pay the darn thing each month. My other one is a ‘store credit card’ and I buy all my clothes there. I have enough clothes at the moment; but, I did buy a pair of cowboy boots because they were on 50% off and I have never had a pair. They are extremely comfortable; easy to get on, but much harder to get off. When I went to the MD on Wednesday, I had to pull them off 3x. I should have just ‘walked’ to each department; but, I don’t go barefoot on someone else’s carpeted floors. Feet are the dirtiest part of your body, they pick up everything.

Cheri – How much does an Alta cost? If reasonable, I might ask for one, for Christmas. Do they sell them ‘in stores’ or only ‘online’?

Katla – We always went to my paternal grandmother’s house for Thanksgiving; and, Mother had not better show without her world famous baked beans.

She ‘supposedly’ got the ‘recipe’ for a woman who was a friend of Mimi. But, she did not give her all the ingredients that went in it; so mother tried several times by adding things to it; one of the things she did not tell her was the ‘mustard’. I don’t remember if Mother used the regular ‘yellow’ mustard we are all used to, of if she used the powder form, with is a bit stronger.

I might make that to take to DDnL#1’s mother’s house for Thanksgiving.

Michele – I think my last post would have to have been broken up in several posts; or else it might have taken up 1 or more pages to post. I had had 183 posts to reply to; I won’t ever let that happen again. Posting to them. I’ll just skim through them at some point and just start the day before the last page. I had a lot to ‘add’; but, figured it was a waste of time. Thanks for reading my posts, some don’t and it is obvious they don’t; but, that is ‘ok’.

I don’t use my desktop as much since I have the laptop fan thingy. Don’t have to worry about burning it up. Thankfully, when I did, it was ‘still under warranty and they replaced it; but, it had a lot of ‘issues’; and, they did a remote testing of it, and the HD and keyboard were defective, so they replaced that one, too. Now the warranty has run out, so I was really happy to find out what the issues were and it did not cost me a dime.

Lenora
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well now.....

Michele - thanks hun, it may only be three pounds to some...but to me it's pretty important. I don't blame Vince for his feeling on Apple products...my iPhone was a gift and I couldn't very well refuse it. I have a love/hate relationship with my phone, lol! I'm kinda waiting for it to break so that I have an excuse to buy an Android phone! I was really happy that Best Buy just up and exchanged my bad tablet for a new one. I am very dependent on it and had visions of the bad one being in "warranty repair" for a long time. So I am quite pleased.

Re - those tacos sound yummy! Guac...yummmm! And I think that's great that they post the nutritional info on their website. Thanks for the kind words regarding my little 3 pound victory...it might not be much to some but I am quite proud of myself! Especially since I have been eating more junk/fast food than I usually do. I don't know what I did right to counteract the crappy eating...but hey, whatever works, right?

I don't know if it's just me, but am beginning to feel like I have worn out my welcome here....I hope that's not the case because I really like you guys and enjoy being a part of this group. If I have stepped on any toes, I am very sorry, that was not my intention. And if I seem overbearing and dramatic, I'm sorry there too, that also was not my intention. I'm just not used to sharing what happens in my life with people, so at times I may be a little inappropriate and I apologize. I hope you all can forgive me.

Think I'll just shut up for a while and ponder my existence...

Sherry in "feeling a little blue" Portland
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    o:)

Kate UK
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Sherry - no way you have worn out your welcome! And a 3 pound loss is a BIG deal - if you don't hear from me everyday it's not that I am ignoring you I just have so much time with everything else in my life that I can't always respond to everyone individually. That doesn't mean I don't share in everyone's victories or empathize with the problems. Sometimes I just have to do so telepathically and say silent prayers for those in need. <3<3<3

I had another interview yesterday and felt good about it so here's hoping they realize how much they need me . . . lol.(I did positive affirmations while driving there "I'm the bomb!" "they NEED me") I also said before we got started on the interview "So how can I help you?" I knew the lead attorney since I had worked on another case with him in the past. I didn't get a chance to let you all know ahead of time because they called the afternoon before to see if I would be available the next day. They will be making a decision by next week as when I asked them how soon they wanted someone on board they said "yesterday, six months ago, " so they are shooting for the 28th. If I get the call I will have to get after school care set up fast. I looked into where and what I had to do when I started seriously looking for a job so I already know it will be at the school through the Y.

The boys are going to their mother's for Thanksgiving. Every so often she'll call and ask to see them. I think her brother is the instigator in this time as I had recently spoken with him and she lives with him. I am going to DD#1's. I will probably stay at her house Wed. night after dropping the boys just north of Seattle where we are meeting their mom, rather than drive all the way back home. We usually go to DD#2's house as she has more room but they found something growing in a corner of one of the rooms so they are having to take up the carpet and see what's going on under the flooring. Then I will have a day to myself and make the drive again on Saturday to pick up the boys and bring them home.

Allie - it's your life and you have to live it how you feel comfortable but I personally could not live with someone who controlled my life as much as it seems DH controls yours. If I worked and my husband or significant other worked you can bet that we would do things on a shared basis which would entail 3 bank accounts. One for the shared living expenses and the person making the most money would be putting a greater amount into it. I'm just curious as to how much DH gets for an allowance? Unfortunately monetary problems are what many marriages end over. And while I empathize over Homer if DH decides not to go to Florida why can't you still go? You deserve some free time for all you do for everyone else! Have you ever taken Assertiveness training? I took it years ago and it made a huge difference in how I interacted with people. I never again allowed anyone to treat me like a doormat. <3<3<3

Bye for now my friends - thinking of you all and wishing only good things for everyone!

Gloria in WA
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    My DH and I have separate bank accounts and savings accounts at different banks. Of course, both of our names are on each other's account but we never would go into the others. I have bills I pay and he has bills he pays. It works out fine for us.

Sherry ~ Sorry you are feeling blue. We all enjoy your posts.

Carol
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Cheri – How much does an Alta cost? If reasonable, I might ask for one, for Christmas. Do they sell them ‘in stores’ or only ‘online’? Lenora

The Alta runs about $129. Rarely do they (Fitbit) allow discounts BUT you may just be able to find one. I got my Fitbit Flex from Walmart a year ago at a greatly discounted price during Black Friday. The Alta I purchased directly from Fitbit at a reduced price as it was compensation for a bad Fitbit Zip our daughter had from them. They also gave her a year of Premium membership on the Fitbit App which she didn't want so I have that on my account. They can be purchased in many places or online. Sometimes you can get a bundle at Sam's Club where you get an extra colored band. Just have to look around.

Cheri
    just in from a wonderful hour long walk in College Station, TX

UPDATE: Just saw that several stores will have the Alta for $99 over holiday: Sam's Club, Walmart and a local sporting store. So check around for a good deal!

• csofled
    Options
    My husband suggested that I offer my friends on MFP the opportunity to aquire my Fitbit Flex. If you are interested please message me and we can discuss details. A greatly discounted price and shipping included. This is a size small band.

5bl08otfpei7.jpg
    f5xu3rygrk9w.jpg
    odik2aqg69sh.jpg
    9cm0k2pktboj.jpg

Happy Stepping,

Cheri

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :)<3Sherry, I love hearing the saga of your life and your new adventure in your smaller home....congrats on your weight loss....for all of us here, losing weight and not gaining are tremendous victories worthy of cheering and fireworks.

:) I have a great pedometer that I bought in 2009 for less than $40.00...it still works but if I had to replace it, I would have to pay over $100.00.....counting steps motivates me. I had a heart rate monitor for over a year and learned a lot about calorie burn on the things I do most so I use those numbers now to compute my calorie burn on my exercises.

:) The term "allowance" makes me think of being a teenager and getting an allowance from my parents. Now that I'm an adult, I earn a salary and spend my money the way I choose....if I over do in my spending then I suffer the consequences. My husband and I have frequent conversations about the best way to spend our money, but neither of us tells the other what to do.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington where the weather is perfect for walking with or without a dog
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Gloria - Thank you hun! I just don't want to offend anybody or step on anybody's toes. I know you are super busy with the holiday and the kids and....well, you know, lol. Just keep that telepathy coming! I'm so glad you had a good interview, you ARE the bomb!! I am crossing my fingers for you and I'll say a prayer for you to get it. Are you looking forward to having a little break from the boys?

Carol - Thanks sweetie! I'm glad to know you read my posts! Unfortunately the "men" (I use that term loosely for them) I have been in relationships with have always "forced" me to put their name on MY account and then they spend all MY money. Never again! I will close the account first before I do THAT again, lol. "Account?? What account???" Lol!

I don't do credit cards either. I look at it this way...if I don't have the cash on me or available in my account for something I might want, I just don't get it 'cause I don't need it that bad. I have my debit card and I'm happy with that. And the only debt I have is $798 to Oregon and $30 to Comcast for a cable bill I am still fighting with them over. Those are the only things on my credit reports. I have gotten a few car loans though and have always paid them off as quickly as possible, so I DO have good credit, I just don't use plastic.

OK, I'm gonna keep this short and go back to lurking.....

Sherry in "time for a little snack" Portland
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Heather: Happy 12th Anniversary!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Grits: I have not taken any tests for potassium levels and only had cramps the one time. If it happens again I'll try eating a banana because they're high in potassium, and if that doesn't work, I'll be looking for potassium. Thanks for the tip. :smiley:

Gloria : I'm keeping my fingers crossed for just the right job for you. I hope you enjoy Thanksgiving and the boys have a good time. :heart:

Sherry: Congratulations on your amazing weight loss. Keep up the good work! :bigsmile:

Today was my last riding lesson until January. We're travelling for Thanksgiving, and my riding teacher has finals in December, followed by a bunch of family events. I didn't ride in December last year because DH & I both caught a horrible flu right after flying to Kentucky for Thanksgiving. The flu lasted until January. I'll be really happy if history does not repeat itself this year. Since we have no travel plans that include being confined with dozens of strangers, maybe we will stay well.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

239603iu9tyt3tga.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    lateral machine- 20min, 35fl, 2398str, 6-7resist, 10width, 9laps, 147mhr, 2.42mi = 129c
    rowing machine- 15min, 145mhr, 2541meters, 62aw = 167c
    outside wk- putting up lights, etc..- 2hrs 58min, 90ahr, 138mhr, = 488c
    total cal 748
  • csofled
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I have a great pedometer that I bought in 2009 for less than $40.00...it still works but if I had to replace it, I would have to pay over $100.00.....counting steps motivates me. I had a heart rate monitor for over a year and learned a lot about calorie burn on the things I do most so I use those numbers now to compute my calorie burn on my exercises.
    <3 Barbie from NW Washington where the weather is perfect for walking with or without a dog

Barbie I also had a pedometer I loved. It was an Omron and I could download the stats to the computer. However with the advent of Windows updates it eventually upgraded itself out of service. Still have the pedometer as a backup. I have been motivated by a pedometer for years before it became the thing. I find it very motivating. Especially since I don't work and all my crafts/hobbies/reading would keep me quite sedentary! I know enjoy the Step Challenges my daughter and nieces send my way via the Fitbit App.

On the topic of allowances. When we were young marrieds and both working we put all our funds together and followed a household budget. When I met my husband-to-be I literally had no money! He ended up repaying my student loans. When we had our two kids and I became a stay at home mommy I had a budget for the week. He gave it to me in cash and depending on my spending any money saved was mine. My savings lead to many a trip to Walt Disney World while we were residents of Florida when the kids were little! When I worked for 8 years as a teaching assistant those funds were for my use. And they remain there for me to use now as I do not work any more. Kudos to my husband because he has always been on top of our finances. Through regular employment, self-employment, un-employment he has kept us steady. And he has not made a fuss about my not working (out side the home) these past several years. We live a very simple and lean lifestyle. The only thing I would change is I wish he discussed finances more openly with our kids growing up as they had a very distorted image of their father being miserly and cheap. Which I think they have finally realized, as they are on their own now, that his financial style led to many wonderful things for them.

Thanksgiving this year will be the hubs, myself and our son who will make the 90 min. drive up from Houston and stay a day or 2. The hubs wants turkey and crescent rolls. The son wants turkey, mashed potatoes and chocolate pie. We will be having turkey ( a very small one as the rental refrigerator is TINY), rolls, cranberry sauce, steamed broccoli, mashed potatoes and a sweet potato for me. Our daughter will be going to her cousins house in Charlotte to be with my brothers side of the family. Wish I could be there too! Maybe next year. The hubs absolutely will not travel over Thanksgiving!

Just made our airplane reservations for the mother/daughter Disney World trip we are taking in January over my birthday. So very excited about this trip. Been planning it for 3 years and finally next year no one is moving in our family so off we will go. It is weird travelling without my husband but I have finally realized he is happy as a pearl in a clam sitting home and never taking a vacation. So off I will go, getting over my anxiety, and try and enjoy these trips on my own going forward.

I hope y'all know that I read this forum several times a day. You are all in my thoughts throughout the day too!

Cheri
    settling in for the evening with a good book-Fall On Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Sherry – I think I found those 3lbs you lost; but, that is ‘ok’ I’ll run fast, turn the corner, and lose them again and maybe they won't sneak back up on me.

You have not worn out your welcome here. We all sort of step on toes of others, not meaning to; but that’s what the ‘private messages’ are meant for. To clarify and address only to the person you need to deal with. You’ll find that all of us will ‘rant and vent’ from time-to-time. That’s why it is meant for only WOMEN (whether or not they are 50). We welcome anyone who thinks this site is for them. Cheer up! Put on another color other than ‘blue’.

Carol – That’s what DH and I do; and, don’t buy anything without the other agreeing about things that are considered major.

Cheri – Thanks. I’ll check into that.

Barbiecat – sometimes I dream about things that I want; but, they are usually nothing that I need; so I don’t get upset about now being able to do or get it. Things like “I’d like to have a new kitchen counter top’. Not going to happen, probably. But, I do want DH to paint the ‘blond’ cabinets. They are very dated. I’d love to reconfigure our MBR bath … ain’t gonna happen (but, I would like a storage cabinet built in there). I’d love to get a new sofa and 2 club chairs. Mmmm, sofa went ‘on sale’ this week; but, I won’t buy it without being given permission to do so, and, I haven’t. Maybe sometime pretty soon.

Katla – Thanks! I also eat a lot of bananas myself. I like them a bit on the ‘green’ side, ‘firm’ … not ‘ripe’ and ‘mushy’; so I buy them and put them into my refrigerator; they might turn black; but they don’t ripen. I’ve eaten banana pudding but it is certainly ‘not’ my favorite dessert. I’m really not much of a sweet eater; mainly because my Mother grew up on them, she was heavy; and, she did not want her daughters to be so. Mimi, on the other hand, looked like a toothpick. But, back when my Mother was a ‘baby’ … a ‘roly-poly’ baby was considered to be a healthy baby. Mimi’s attitude is ‘if the isn’t a dessert’ then the meal is lacking something. She made the best pralines and divinity and I can remember it always set out on her kitchen Hoosier cabinet. When she moved and did not have room for all her things, she let each grandchild pick out several things. I got the Hoosier cabinet that originally had been painted white. DH stripped it and it is the most beautiful ‘wormy oak’ ever! She thought I had lost my mind for wanting it. Got a Brumby Rocker (my Pop worked at the Brumby Rocker Company in Marietta, GA), a tool box he had made and a drawing table and stool, plus the wooden locker that my Mother took off the college. My decorations are ‘early basement/late attic/garage sale/hunting cabin’ and I don’t think I would change too much now.

Lenora
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    My DH and I have separate bank accounts and savings accounts at different banks. Of course, both of our names are on each other's account but we never would go into the others. I have bills I pay and he has bills he pays. It works out fine for us.

Sherry ~ Sorry you are feeling blue. We all enjoy your posts.

Carol

Carol, we have exactly the same arrangement, except our accounts are at the same bank. It works for us.

Janetr okc
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Heather, I know what you mean about the new laptop. Even if it’s almost exactly like the old one, there is a learning curve with it and getting everything set up and installed can get to be a pain. I just got a new smartphone which is an android like my last one, but still learning how to navigate on it.

Tere, what a bummer to end up with all the cooking to do for Thanksgiving. Just remember, actually two or three sides is sufficient. We all tend to go overboard.

Chris, welcome. This is a great place for support and information so come often.

Ker, welcome. We are getting quite a few Texans in our group. Glad to have you so come often.

Barbie, so happy for you to be back dancing! Woo hoo

Pip, you and Kirby handle money the same way DH and I do. It’s all “ours” so it all goes in the same pot. Like you, we discuss any large purchases but all others just go on the credit card and get paid off at the end of the billing cycle. Love those points.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I’ve been staying so busy that I have had a hard time keeping up. My best friend moved out of state and her car was still here so I picked it up for her and DH and I will try to sell it for her. Yesterday I got my nails done and then did some shopping. Today I had a meeting at the Moose and then had dinner with a friend.
    Sorry to respond to so few but I have enjoyed the pictures, hearing about travels and plans. Congrats to those with victories!! Keep up the good work. For the rest of us, “Shape up and Fly Right”, as my dad used to say. I am cooking Thanksgiving for DH and myself and one friend. I made the menu and then we narrowed it down to something more reasonable for 3 people. DH will get a store bought pie for dessert since that is fine with him and he’s the only one that will have any. I have at least two dishes that can be prepared the day before, which I love. To cook everything on the big day just wears me out and then I don’t enjoy myself. At least I’m to the point in my life that I don’t stress over it. It turns out the way it turns out. I’ll be honest with you though, I do envy those of you with large families getting together. I could use more people to share hugs with.
    Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! good-afternoon-smiley-emoticon.gif
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • kimmie373
    kimmie373 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I found this thread just today. So...a little about me first. I am 50. I have over 100 pounds to lose but I would be happy at 200 pounds. I just want to not hurt, be able to walk, hike, and be active to enjoy life. I have had my share of difficulties, trials and tribulations in life. From domestic violence in my life (over now thank goodness), helping to raise my granddaughter because her parents are fighting addiction issues and now fighting for my life because of cancer (currently in remission, but it will return). I don't like to dwell on the bad things but find the good. Sometimes easier said than done but never giving up.

Goals for November: log in daily and log my food
    Tell a co-worker I do not want to discuss another co-worker in a nice way.
    Set aside some money towards a February cruise

Kim in Alaska
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    (((hugs))) ladies, hope everyone is doing ok :-) Sherry you can't wear out your welcome here, we care bout' cha! Heck I talk about all my strange habits, my crazy mindsets, and sometimes if I get on myself too much the ladies on here call me out on it. Like a friend that starts stressing and her friend slaps her to her senses. (Not that I have ever had that actually happen to me in real life, just have seen it in the movies). So, there will be times that you can spill your heart out on here, and no one comments, and you think..."Aw, no one cares about me, or what did I say that put a nose out of joint", but its normally none of those things. Just life happening.

Today I was in uber spoiling mode to my son. I made him "gastrologically happy", being that today was his 18th birthday! Made him bacon and hash browns for breakfast, Chicken fried rice for lunch, and little mini devils food cakes for his birthday cake! He appreciated his 18 $1 coins for his birthday, and also rec'd $25 in cash from his Grandma. He is presently at a friends house watching Japanese Anime' movies. He rec'd a phone call from his middle brother, and I posted a long message on Facebook about how much I adored him. Also posted a pic of him when he was 2 yrs old..... Cuteness quantified!

I have a full heart hearing from both sons today as well. I am blessed. Now if all the sweet things in my kitchen would STOP calling my name....BECCAAAA BECCAAAA.

Becca
    hearing voices in Oregon