WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    wow, snow! Have a great weekend everyone! NYKAREN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    edited November 2016
    Well folks - the viewing went well, they were talking about putting in an extra bathroom, but they wanted more land. :s We all have our funny quirks.

I did open my laptop. It took me ages to go through all the set up. Then I messed up my Dropbox, but I've sorted that now. What I haven't sorted is my email. I have the wrong one coming up as default and it won't load the normal one in the box. Grrrrrrrrrr! I get a message saying it is out of date and they have no record. I can get to it by Internet, but this is ridiculous! I've tried every different way to sort it. :s Also need to transfer my security (sent them an email) and think about what to do about Word, which is essential and why I bought a new one in the first place.
    I knew this would happen. :#:#:# DH had to come and rescue me after three hours of wrestling. <3
    Now I'm on the drink. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Mary Lovely blizzard picture!

Heather I have to be rescued from things like new computers, I get so stubborn and in a rut at the same time. Lucky your husband came along. I think the drink will put you in the pink... <3

Karen in Virginia
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Heather ~ I had the old edition of Microsoft Office and when I got Windows 10 it went bye-bye. I had to buy the newer one in order to get into my files. All the files were still there, I just had no Word or Excel to open them with. I don't know if this helps you but perhaps it will.
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited November 2016
    <3>:):D Hic!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,507 Member
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Well we asked for 4 different estimates on our tiny bathroom repair. This bathroom is tiny even by tiny standards. A lot needs to be done but only 2 things really need to be done, all the other is cosmetic. We need the commode and vanity removed, new floor installed, possibly new floor board and then the vanity and commode replaced using the old stuff. I would love for it all to be new but will have to do with the old stuff. So of the 4 estimates we requested, all 4 came out but one never sent us his estimate. Of those 3, 2 of them were about $1500 to $1700. One was $900. I called him today and asked what his average overage from his original estimate and he said it is always very close to the same. Most of the original tile has been removed so we really don't know if the floor board is OK under the commode. So we accepted and he will do this Nov 28, 29th. Yippee!!!! It will look the same as it does right now except the grey carpet will be gone which was Charlie's fix when the commode started leaking. UHHGGGG. All that time with ulcerative colitis and using a commode that leaked around the O ring. Haven't decided what kind of flooring to choose. We have an allowance in the $900. Am so relieved to see an end in sight. Now it isn't the end I wanted but it is the compromise. I think I gave in for pretty much all of my point of view

Joyce, Indiana
  • cityjaneLondon
    Well done Joyce! <3<3<3 You are a saint. o:)

Love Heather xxxxxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,332 Member
    Yesterday did 1 hr of Jillian Michael's Buns & Thighs DVD. I cut this a bit short as I wanted to be sure to get to my dentist appt. at 8:30. By the time I got out, it wasn't worth coming home so I went and picked up some dry cleaning I had then volunteered at the Green Room. Afterwards, went to this "seminar" (I was the only person there) about downloading audiobooks from the library. When we go to FL I usually take audiobooks in the car on the drive down there and back, so hopefully now I'll have access to more books. Since I got out early I went to Bi-Lo to get items on sale then to Food Lion. They had sweet potatoes for 29 cents a pound.

Today did 30 minutes of HIIT and then 15 on the rowing machine. Afterwards stopped at Dollar General, they had toys on sale 50% off so I got some for Toys for Tots. Then made a donation at the Salvation Army (and I HAD to go in the store) Then went to WalMart then Aldi.

The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cardio Core and Dynamic Core DVD.

Sharon - hoping for the best for your gs. Whatever it is

Alison - you were talking about packing up your things for FL (hope you have a great time). That reminded me that I need to start packing to go to Jess' for Thanksgiving. She said that we were going to go to friend's of hers house like we did last year so I'll probably take a cake with me. Well, I have one in the freezer that I was going to give the gal who was supposed to do my makeup for the Halloween party.

tere - good luck on the interview. Happy Birthday to Baby Blue. I certainly don't envy you having dinner for 20

Carey - do you ever have the problem with your curser freezing up? Mine does all the time, I just turn off my computer, then turn it back on, and it's un-frozen. This has only started since I was upgraded to Windows 10 (without my consent)

Chris - welcome! You'll find lots and lots of support here

KJ - I can understand how your hubby could have a fear of blood. I have a cousin who couldn't even bring herself to look at her pads when she was menstruating. She became an OR nurse! I don't like buying clothing online. I'm always afraid it won't fit and I'd have to pay the postage to return it

Heather - do you have any fish recipes that can be cooked and frozen, then just heated up? I'm thinking that perhaps this year I'll brown the fish first, then freeze it so all I have to do is defrost it and put it in the oven on a low temp. What do you think?

Becca - one time Denise said to me "ma, who are you talking to?" I answered "the most intelligent person in the room". That didn't go over too well....lol Wow you son!

Lenora - has your DIL#2 ever used the purple potatoes in her potato salad? I would think that would look really neat. I don't like potato salad, so I'll never try it. Thanks for the explanation of the extra 4" in the pillowcases

Sherry - Vince refuses to have anything to do with Apple products if he can help it at all

Vince just gave me an early Christmas present -- TSO's program. Can't wait to go see them.

Marilyn - welcome back!

It's so dry here, much of the state is in drought status. And the fires!

NYKaren - how horrible for your friend! Have a good time in DC. And if you see the Donald, give him my best

Katy - I think for Christmas I'm going to do as I did last year. I'll just ask for gift cards to Lowe's Hardware. We're always in there. I used up the ones I'd gotten last Christmas by the time June rolled around. Don't know if I can take deep fried turkey. Anything deep fried just doesn't agree with me. I'm sure it comes out juicy. That's how KFC chicken is cooked.

Rita - adorable doggies and great looking mom

We're going to a play tonight

Michele in NC
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Katy - we're headed up to Fort Leonard Wood, MO, going the fastest way (through Oklahoma City) on the way there We're in Fort Stockton, TX. On the way back, we're going to drive down to Thayer, MO, at the southern central edge, to look at a specific place that's a good candidate for a farm, then down into northern Arkansas to look at a couple other places that caught our eye online. We'll spend the night in Fort Smith, Ark., if all goes to plan, then a long drive back on Sunday.

Lisa in West TX - where it will be 75 degrees F this Sunday.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Heather, I went ahead and ponied up for the $69 a year for Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel, and pay it every year. Considering the program's about $400 off the shelf now, if you can even get it that way anymore, it pays for itself simply in updates over the years. Plus for me, it's a business write-off.

Lisa
  • cityjaneLondon
    Lisa - I think I will have to do that. Unfortunately I don't earn enough to pay tax.

U tube is full of videos on how to access your email on Windows 10, which makes me feel better as I'm not the only klutz. :D Shame on Windows!!!! Rubbish!

Heather UK
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    I think I paid $69 for a Microsoft Office download and it's working fine.

Scrubbed the kitchen and one bathroom floor today. Took down all the wall art and vacuumed the backs. Could not believe all the dust! Will finish vacuuming Saturday and maybe use the Hoover carpet cleaner.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Mary stay warm.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited November 2016
    Being in Nashville made me think of Beth her son is going to music school there. Has anyone heard from Beth? I'm wondering if they are all ok.

Janetr okc
  • santeeshimmy
    santeeshimmy Posts: 29 Member
    Caption that:
    What is that tiny turkey doin it that cage? It's gone white and and talk like a human!
  • janetr7476
    Rita- I get a whopping 20.00 bucks a week spending money..the rest of my paycheck goes into joint account.so that would be tough :s

No way I would agree to that arrangement.

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    Caption that:
    What is that tiny turkey doin it that cage? It's gone white and and talk like a human!

Lol right!! I was thinking why aren't the turkeys hiding?

Janetr okc