Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Jdelaroy: I like my life busy… honestly! Life gets boring when there isn’t stuff to do… Although I’d like more of that stuff to be exercise! ;) Way to go at the gym Monday! Ahhhh… Love the NSV’s! Nice productive Tuesday!! You go girl!!

Goodfelv: Welcome! This is a amazing group!!

Jen Hul: Way to go with daylight savings!!! Rock on!!

Rachel: So glad to hear you love derby and enjoy the workout you get… everyone needs to find that inner love… I envy runners that just love to run! Jealous!

Joy: Way to go with spin class… that is something I wish my gym offered… I do like spinning… Daylight savings always kicks my kitten… It’ll take a week or 2 to get me on the right track again!

Gem: Thanks for the pictures! You are beautiful! You are determined and you will get there!! I have a goal picture of myself and that picture is in the back of my mind everyday! Keep at it!! You will be a gorgeous bride!!!

Well, I woke up positive… I’m positive I will be the change… I will be nicer, kinder, and treat others with patience and respect… While our nation may be in turmoil… I will be part of the change… Optimism… It’s a GREAT thing!! It’s one thing we all need in this time of change.
    I did get up early and work out only to have my fitbit die in the middle of it! Ugh! Guess I have to work harder on those fitbit challenges! I had Lexi’s vball banquet after work so I missed most of the election crap… Hubby and I did watch some Netflix to avoid it too! Tonight I have laundry and cleaning on my agenda after work! Since I won’t be home over the weekend to do it! But I am looking forward to a relaxing break away and some hiking in the woods…. ALTHOUGH… one of my hubby’s buddies caught a black bear on his trail camera in that neck of the woods, so I will be more alert as I journey through the woods this weekend! Yikes!! Here’s to NSV’s, workouts, yoga and positive thinking! Hang in there girls!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 - you will get there! We all believe in you!

I am writing about twins, separated across galaxies, that are connected through dreams. One will be on Earth, that will be shattered after climate change has caused massive displacement and "water wars" to erupt all over the globe. One of the twins will be in the military and will become part of the "Exploratory unit" that will be sent out into space to find fresh water sources they can tap into and bring back to Earth, or bring people to colonize the planets. What he doesn't know, is that this unit has been performing for quite some time, and has been colonizing planets, but those planets now want to keep their resources for themselves, and that Earth is going to take back those planets and those resources, even if it means killing their own people. The other twin is on one of those planets. It's just all about writing, but I'm working on it. xD

I'm in shock. I drank a lot of wine last night, stayed awake until 1:30 or so in the morning. I am sore, exhausted, and disheartened this morning here in the States. All we can do is work bipartisanly. But for now, I just want to sleep.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @rachel0778 I think a lot of people felt that way yesterday. (((()))) Hope the yoga helped.

@gemwolf110 Definitely take yoga, there are so many benefits from yoga. Kick Boxing would be fun too.

@ShyCush6 Positivity is always a good thing. That is one thing I don't like about my Fitbit, it dies way too soon. It says on the package 3-5 days. I am lucky if I get 3 in. Sigh. I must look at it too much. LOL

@wishfuljune Your book sounds fantastic! I would love to read it when you are done. :)

I didn't reach all my goals for yesterday, my knee was kind of achy so I had a hard time moving around. I am really irritated with work, and would like to just quit. I can't though, although I think the BF would support me if I did. (maybe that is a plus side) I am going to get through this, and try to stay positive.

I am bound and determined to reach my goal of onederland by the end of the year! The last 3 days, I have worked really hard on doing just that.

So for my positive vibes, and NSV's
    I have been under calories for the last 3 days, and I have gotten in at least 40 minutes of exercise the last 3 days. I lost that stupid Halloween/being sick pound I gained over the weekend.

Today, I put on a warmer shirt that my mom bought me last year for my birthday. It was clingy on me over the winter last year, It fit fairly well. This morning, it is flowing all over my body and when I stand up, all it clings to is my chest. You can't see my belly or my muffin top in it. It is now almost too big to wear.

Have a wonderful day you beautiful (inside and out) people!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 Sorry to hear your girlfriend cancelled on you! Were you able to find something active to do solo?

@jdelaroy I love your NSVs! I joke with my SO about being a stay at home puppy mom all the time ;) Sadly I think I'd go crazy at home all day! Hopefully work gets better for you soon!

@gemwolf110 Let me know how you like kickboxing! I definitely recommend doing some restorative yoga to help with the stiffness. They've got specific practices on youtube that are free and light on the knees

@wishfuljune I think the entire nation was hungover with you ;) I hope you're feeling better today, keep up the great work with your NaNoWritMo story!

I'm excited for derby practice tonight. I think smashing into things sounds really cathartic. I did my yoga last night and downloaded new books in my Nook. My dog was even more snuggly that usual (65lbs on my lap all night!). I think he sensed my mood. My NSV is that I haven't felt like eating my feelings, which is a huge win! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I didn't really get in exercise last night, I had a wild day at work - by 3:00pm I still hadn't done the stuff I was going to do at 8:30am! So I was just too tired to get my butt to the gym. But I did walk around Costco for quite a while, and I didn't snack so I took that as an ok night. Definitely got some puppy snuggles on the couch after! Anyone watch Last Man on Earth? It's so funny, I just needed something funny and light after my day.

This morning I was up bright and early at 5:30 and went to the gym and sweated like crazy to make up for it. I'm feeling more positive today, and tracking everything I'm eating. I'm practicing saying positive things in my head... still need more practice on that but it is a start!

We have a long weekend in Canada for Remembrance Day, so tomorrow is a day off. My gym is closed for the holiday so I will have to get out there with the dog and walk or hike. I want to focus on healthy eating and tracking everything this weekend! No going backwards!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I hope to check in, but if I don't get a chance, let's try to stick to our goals!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Joy - way to go on the effort at the gym this morning. I always talk cheerfully about exercising early like that but I'm awful at following through with it! Hope you enjoy Remembrance Day - and get out there with that dog of yours! Good luck with the healthy eating and logging.

Rachel - well done, that's a great NSV. Hope derby practice gave you some good relief!!

Jen - hope your knee is doing better today. I hear you about work - there are days at the moment where I could quite happily just throw it all in and be a stay at home mum. It would drive me batty after a while but sometimes the temptation is strong! Great NSV's for you - hope you have a good day :smile:

@wishfuljune - love the sound of your book, sounds like a great storyline. Hoping you are feeling more positive today - I share your shock even from the other side of the pond, I don't think we in the UK really thought that result was possible.

Shy - love your positive attitude. This is something I'm trying to work towards as well - particularly around patience with others. Life is short and I spend too much time getting frustrated with people and it's a waste of time and precious energy. Here's to a positive and brighter future - ultimately, all we can do is our own little bit and hope that combined with everyone else that it is enough. Anyways, enough of that - hope the banquet went well. Enjoy the hiking and watch out for those bears!!

@gemwolf110 - loving the dresses and definitely want to see the one that you decide on. And to echo the others, you will look amazing in it regardless of size - your husband to be loves you for who you are, not a size on a scale.

So glad it is Friday although to be fair it feels like the week has flown by. I'm starting to get a little scared by how fast we are getting through the year and how much happens for us in December - wedding anniversary, Alistair's birthday, my husbands birthday and Christmas - yikes, need to get my planning head on this weekend! Swimming tomorrow with Alistair then a get together of the families from our antenatal group on Sunday - 14 adults, 7 toddlers and a baby in arms - scary but so nice to get us all together. It's a bit of a shared celebration - early christmas gathering and an acknowledgement of the 7 toddlers who have either just had or are due to have their 2nd birthdays - congratulations to us as parents for still being sane I think!! Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @gemwolf110 I know what you are going through, my knee likes to give me issues off and on too. Stupid knee. You can get to onederland by the end of the year!

@Rachel0778 Not wanting to eat your feelings is a great huge hippopotamus win! I haven't quite got this one down, but I am working on it. Crashing into things does sound fun! I hope you had a blast.

@bluepoppies777 Great job not snacking, and Costco shopping can be a mental and physical challenge.. No I really don't need that 20 pound box of chocolates for just ten dollars. LOL It is Veteran's day here, but only the government and banks get it off. Great job making it to the gym.

@janetay01 Glad to see you here! Time sure does fly! Your party this weekend sounds like chaos and fun. December is always a crazy month for me as well. I did make it through the day yesterday, I didn't quit, and I didn't bite anyone's head off. It turned out a lot better than I had expected. I didn't get hardly anything to do on my list, but I got a lot of other stuff taken care of. I have a feeling I will be working for a couple of hours tomorrow.

Yesterday, I did well on my main goals, but didn't get anything done that I wanted to get done. Oh well. There is tonight. Not like I have any plans. I can't wait for the BF to get home on Sunday! Tomorrow night we will be celebrating my Dad's birthday by watching the UFC fights. Not sure what the plan is for dinner that evening, so I am going to try and eat light during the day, so I have a couple of extra calories. I did a weigh in this morning for the 100 day challenge I am doing and I am down 2.6 pounds from last weeks Halloween/sick gain. Now to keep it off and keep moving forward. I have lost 7 pounds since the beginning of October! I am super proud of that! Plus I lost inches off my body. I didn't have my measurements handy last night when I did new ones, but I know from they are down, I just can't remember the exact amounts.

This is kind of weird, but I am sure most of you will understand. While doing my measurements, I was looking at the way my body parts looked. I was losing fat in the weirdest spots. Like on my legs, I am losing fat around my lower thigh and knee area. Now I have this roll of fat on my upper thighs like little babies get when they are learning to walk. It amazed me at how funny it looked. Good thing I have a sense of humor and can wear pants!

If I don't check in this weekend, I hope everyone has a weekend full of fun, love and positive things!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @jdelaroy I feel you, bodies are definitely weird sometimes. I have the opposite problem where my calves are monsters and I still can't zip up a lot of tall boots! Have fun with your Dad watching the UFC, let us know who wins!

@janetay01 You've got a busy month coming up! I hope you're planning some time for self care as well

@bluepoppies777 I hope you have a great long weekend! Getting up at 5:30 for the gym is no joke! I love doing that too because then life never gets in the way of getting your workout in.

@gemwolf110 Glad to hear you're a fellow member of the numb legs because of cute cuddles club! ;)

Happy Friday! My coworkers and I are going out for drinks after work because it has been a LOOOOOONG week. I've also been feeling sick since Wednesday so I haven't been able to give it my all in my workouts or at work. I'm glad I have the weekend ahead to sleep and refresh so I can hit it hard next week before the holidays. I see lots of soup in my future :)

• Rachel0778
    Options
    sujna4gd5vzz.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Gem: I’m glad this group is a motivation to you! You girls and onderland!! Love it!! Go ladies!!!

Jdelaroy: Hope the knee is feeling better! Here’s to onderland!!! You can do it!! Great NSVs!!

Rachel: Love fur babies!!!

Joy: No snacking at Costco… that is a NSV! Have a great weekend!!

Janetay: Amen… couldn’t agree more… I get so angry with myself when I am negative and moody! Life is so much better with a smile on your face!! December is creeping up fast! Hope you have a great weekend!

Work day is almost over! Bring on weekend!! I need it! Really looking forward to relaxing and hiking in the woods… The banquet was fun and entertaining… Lexi has a great team and coach!! My exercise this weekend has been limited but I am maintaining so I guess that is better than gaining! Hop eyo all have a wonderful weekend! Stay positive! ;)
  • mariharris1
    mariharris1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to the group and I'd just like to say good luck everyone! I have 50lbs to lose and this will be my 4th go at losing weight. All of my previous weight loss journeys were successful But I put the weight back on :( ugh im po at myself for doing that but here we go again and I need lots of motivation.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @shycush6 How was the hiking? Maintaining is a huge win this time of year!

@mariharris1 Welcome!

@gemwolf110 Amazing progress, you had a busy weekend!

I spent the most the weekend on the couch trying to get over this bug. Why is it that when I feel like crap I eat like crap? I hate that I'm entering the holiday season already not exercising and eating like garbage. I really need to kick both this bug and my constant inhalation of food. Today is a fresh start, right? I baked a bunch of lean protein and planned out my meals this week to get me back into gear and I do feel good enough to go to practice tonight. I'm just worried about next week because the Thanksgiving holiday for me is spread across 3 states, 3 families and is a week long event. I basically gain weight no matter what, it's just trying to mitigate the gain at this point.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    I am so far behind, so I will read everyone's posts. I'm here! I've just been obscenely busy with life, and not eating well, but I didn't gain any weight this week, so that's a plus. TIme to get back into gear.

Good vibes to everyone here!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hi girls. I'm still here. I will take me forever to catch up. I hope everyone is doing great. I'm sure u all are.
    I have been watching what I eat. But am starting back to the gym tonight. It has been forever.
    First the head cold and kidney stone. Then better for two days and then I got broncocial pneumonia had that for a month. I could do anything without coughing. And then of course once I started coughing then it was all about peeing. Being a girl sucks. Still have a little cough every once in a while but screw it time to focus on me again. I will check in tomorrow. As long as the gym doesn't kill me.
    I miss you guys. Talk to you later
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Rachel: Hope you are feeling better! I always eat crappy when I don’t feel 100%.. it’s like junk food will make me feel better… NOT! =(

Gem: Looks like quite the project to burn some calories! =)

Nicole: Oh no… hope the gym is nice to you tonight! We’ve missed ya! It does suck being a girl when you have any kind of coughing cold… Hope you get back on track soon!

I had a great weekend… Friday night we went out with friends… it’s a usually Friday night thing with him bowling every Friday, then the whole group stays out… sometimes too late! Not this week though… Home by 10… not bad. Saturday we headed to the cabin… We hiked back and forth to my husband’ tree stand and to all the nephews and uncle’s stands as well. It was a great family weekend. Only a few of us stayed over night and sat around the bonfire most of the evening… It was kind of chilly! Not ready for that but we have been lucky it’s been this warm for som long in Wisconsin! Got up this morning and did my elliptical in the basement… In a step challenge with my sister today so biking my butt off under my desk at work!!! I did gain a lb. this weekend… so bad about soda and beer at the cabin! =(
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Well just finished up at gym. Have hello legs but feel the blood miv by and it feels good. Learned lesson. Use inhaler before gym. Coulghing started back up. When I was done.
    Shy enjoy step challenge w ur aister
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Nicole - welcome back! Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time - hope that is it for you now and well done for not letting the gym kill you!!

Shy - sounds like a lovely weekend and I'm sure all the hiking will have helped offset the soda and beer a bit :)

@wishfuljune - good to see you back - life does get in the way sometimes. I saw your 7lbs in 7 weeks comment on my newsfeed - it may be ambitious for me but willing to give it a go.

Rachel - hope you are feeling better. I hate that when ill health strikes, I reach for all the unhealthy stuff and I know that it doesn't do me any good in the long run. I don't envy you with Thanksgiving in this respect - I find just getting through Christmas hard enough. Although we have our own extra challenges in December now with birthdays and anniversaries and stuff - all opportunities to eat too much!

@gemwolf110 - those turkey meatballs sound good. I've got a good meatball recipe at home but haven't made them for ages - this may be something for the weekend.

@mariharris1 - welcome!

So, I'm feeling good about the week at the moment - after far too long standing still, I finally logged a 1.4lb loss at the end of the weekend - whoop! Now to continue the good work and keep up with my better eating and more mindful approach. Mind you, I'm really struggling with breakfast at the moment - not sure why but I'm just failing to get to it at the moment. We had a mad Sunday with the toddler birthday party - nice birthday cake and a glass of champagne which was lovely. Alistair ate lots of cake, played with all the other kids and their toys and then collapsed in an exhausted heap that evening. As did we a couple of hours later! Currently trying to arrange a 'child sitting swap' with friends so that we can go to the cinema to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - they babysit Alistair (nearly 2 years old) then in return we 'supervise' their 13 year old girl for the evening. Not sure who gets the harder deal with this one!

Anyway, enjoy the day all - going to get a cup of tea then back to work :)
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @janetay01 Congrats on the loss! That's fantastic! I love the "swap" idea, especially since you definitely get the easier end of the bargain ;) Let us know how the movie is

@gemwolf110 Sorry to hear you had to take time off for chores. Talk about a great workout though!

@ShyCush6 Sounds like your killing it in the exercise department. The weekends get me too!

@ngolden3320 So glad to hear you're finally doing better! The first day back at the gym is always the most brutal. You got this!!

@wishfuljune Great job maintaining, keep up the great work!

I was finally healthy enough to go to derby practice last night. It felt great to finally be back on point with eating and get a good 2 hour workout in. Tonight I'm going to try to do an exercise DVD too to keep the ball rolling.

With the sickness and eating too much I was feeling really body negative. Today, I woke up a little early to blow out my hair and put on my most attractive work dress. It's amazing what a little primping and a great dress can do for your mood. I feel so much better!
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Rachel. Glad to hear you are feel by better also. Derby sounds like so much fun. I don't think they have that around here.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Sorry to have disappeared on you guys. It looks like I was hit with the hectic schedule for a few days too. Glad to see everyone is starting to feel better.

Yesterday, I ate chili cheese fries. They sounded so good when I ordered them. They were just okay when I ate them. :( So not worth the 550 calories. Which meant I had to have a smaller dinner then I had planned. Now I am starving this morning. Oh well I managed to stay under calories. At work yesterday, I noticed the shirt I was wearing had a couple of stains on it. I asked the BF why he hadn't said anything this morning. He responded with your shirts are getting too baggy to tell. Today I decided to wear some nice clothes to work to make up for the stains yesterday. I put on a pair of slacks that are normally tight on me. The only thing that isn't loose on me is the elastic holding them up. The BF says he needs to take me clothes shopping.