Thoughts on sugar?

Options
I just watched 'that sugar film' and found it SO educating. The part that surprised me the most was the fact that through the whole experiment his daily calorie intake was the same, yet when eating 'low fat foods' (PACKED with sugar) he put on 8kgs in two months! What I'm wondering is, what about fruit? How does fruit effect the body and does it release the same amount of insulin as refined sugars?

Replies

• VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of sugar from fruit, fruit has lots of fibre and nutrients and is great for you :smile: :heart:
  • shanimay23
    shanimay23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It was my trainer!! Hahaha.
  • grammageegee
    grammageegee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What does OP stand for???
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    shanimay23 wrote: »
    whole experiment his daily calorie intake was the same, yet when eating 'low fat foods' (PACKED with sugar) he put on 8kgs in two months!

I've never seen the film, but am curious as to what reasons they gave for the weight gain when his calories stayed exactly the same??

What does OP stand for???

OP stands for Original Poster aka you :smile:
  • Fayga
    Fayga Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    To answer your question...While sugar in fruit signals insulin to increase, so your cells can take the glucose in for energy, there are lots of vitamins in fruit and veggies we absorb better than supplements so we still need them.

If you are someone who has to worry about insulin, it's best to eat a protein with the fruit to offset a "sugar/insulin spike". For example: banana with pnt butter, or apple with a piece of cheese.
  • katthouse499
    katthouse499 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    No offence to anyone but I only eat sugar that comes from fruit no refined sugar at all