90 Day Fitness & Food Challenge

Replies

• Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Yay for the dress success! So great you're down again.

I didn't exercise yesterday or today. Had a really bad migraine last night that carried over to today. Hoping to feel better tomorrow and do my run. Food is much better this week.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Ok guys.. I am so sorry for creating this group and then checking out. LIFE has been kicking my butt and I didnt handle it so well. I just can't do everything and I always think I can.

I am now fully healthy and ready to come back with tempered goals because I know with work, family and holidays I cant be 100% into my fitness stuff until January.

I got to Bodypump Monday and going in a few minutes. This is the first time I will have been at the gym more than once in a week..... in like a month. YIKES. I have also stocked my freezer with a bunch of lean cuisines when I am home. Breakfasts right now are a protein shake or scrambled eggs. Lunches are "nature valley oat and peanutbutter breakfast buscuit" or protein shakes or a combo. Yep it is what it is.

I am still weighing in at 130-130.8 depending on the day so I havent gone up but not losing. I guess I am calling that a win since I have not be hitting the gym.

I ordered some cables to see if I can get the pictures from my iphone to connect to my tv. If so, I am goig to join the LES MILES web group for $13 a month for the next 2 months so I an do Bodycombat at home. I know I cant make the classes with my schedule. Fingers crossed my IT abilities allow me to figure this out.

ALIEM - Stille below 130... way to go!!! How was barre? I have never taken that class and dying to try it... when I have time!

Rinde - How are you... I am so sorry I haven't been around. I think the workout room is a fantastic idea. You worked so hard in that room taking care of your mother and now that will be a room to take care of you. And 141.. that is AWESOME... I am so proud of you! You are an inspiration!

• aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Today's weigh in was way better than I was expecting. I clocked in at 126.2! That's 2.6 down since last week and 5 pounds into my 7.6 pound goal for the month (remember it was high because I gained a bit of water weight stuff from the new workout routine.) Hopefully I can lose the remaining 2.6 pounds by the end of the month, even with Thanksgiving. I won't be able to work out next wed-sat, because I will be out of town. Maybe I can at least go for walks and be active. If the weather is good in Vegas, maybe I can sneak in a hike or two. Not sure what is already on the itinerary. I am so glad this week finally turned around. I was getting so frustrated bouncing between 128 and 131 (especially the days I was above 130!). Hopefully I can continue the progress in the next week. I know my weight loss window is closing (especially with Thanksgiving coming up). Did my METCON3 today. Upped the weights for a few exercises. Starting to see some definition in my arms (not Becs definition yet, but hopefully soon!) Food through lunch is good. Dinner is a bit up in the air, because I think we are working through dinner. I will try to make a healthy choice.

Rinde - I am so sorry you have not been feeling well. Glad you have at least been able to maintain your food! That is the hardest part for me!

Becs - Welcome back! I totally get it. I go through busy seasons as well (mainly end of Jan - end of March, but the last two weeks I have definitely been putting in extra hours). Luckily, I work at a computer and my work is fine with a bit of recreational use since we work such long hours. Well not luckily. I would rather be on my feet moving around. I am glad you are trying to adjust and get some work from home stuff. Way to get your freezer stocked. My next month, I need to start building up frozen home cooked meal so I can pull from them when I get busy in a few months! You are still rocking it. The fact that you haven't gained during a stressful time is awesome in itself!
  • Rinde99
    Hi all! Great to hear from you, Becs and way to go, Aliem on the weight loss.

Did my run/walk today but it didn't go get well. Was supposed to run 12, 10, and 8 minute intervals but only managed to complete the 12 and then ran 7:30 then 5 and then smaller increments to finish. Did the same thing on Monday so don't know why I had such trouble today. Oh well. Will try again on Saturday.
  • Rinde99
    edited November 2016
    Yay, some good news. I just weighed myself and I'm at 138.0. Fantastic! That's 39 lbs total!
  • aliem
    Congrats Rinde! You are so awesome! Way to make some serious progress.

Went to the gym today, but 15 minutes into the class I had to leave because I was not feeling well. Oh well. I knew I should have trusted my instincts this morning and stayed home and slept for an extra 30 minutes. Supposed to go out to lunch today. Definitely need to keep it reasonable, though I don't feel like I really want to eat right now.
  • Rinde99
    Hope you're feeling vetter, Aliem!

Did my run/walk this morning for 48 minutes total. Much better than Thursday. Had no trouble running my intervals.
  • aliem
    Glad you are feeling much better Rinde. I am as well. Took Saturday off. The weekend (especially Saturday was not good food-wise). I still clocked in at 128.2 this morning, but tomorrow I go off to Vegas for Thanksgiving. Hopefully I don't do too much damage. Yesterday I did a dance class (soooo much fun), a barre class (probably won't do another class with this instructor) and some restorative yoga (which is mainly stretching and meditation and was soooo good). Going to another dance class tonight with the same guy that taught the class yesterday! Hopefully it is just as good! Food should be good today!
  • Rinde99
    Aliem: Happy Thanksgiving and hope you have a great trip to Las Vegas. You're really keeping up with your gym classes which is fantastic! Congrats on your weight as well.

Today I did my 55 minute run/walk with running intervals of 14, 12, and 10 minutes. Felt really good which I'm excited about as next week I start straight runs with no walks. Haven't weighed myself since Friday. Had pizza Friday night and went out for lunch on Saturday so I just didn't want to see the scale move in the wrong direction. May not weigh till after Thanksgiving.
  • aliem
    Dance class last night was super fun. Went to a more ballet-ish dance class this morning. I really enjoyed it as well. Off to Vegas tonight. Hopefully I wont be too bad!

Great job Rinde! You are still killing it! I wont weigh until after Thanksgiving either. I am so worried! Hopefully not above 130!
  • Rinde99
    Safe travels, Aliem and hope your weight stays steady.

Finally lifted weights and did yoga today....1st time in 2 weeks. 37 minutes lifting and 23 minutes yoga for an hour total. Yay!

Tomorrow going to my daughter's house to make desserts with her and my granddaughter. Should be fun. Really looking forward to Thanksgiving...10 adults and 5 kids. Hoping not to eat too much!
  • Rinde99
    Had a wonderful Thanksgiving, but my plan to eat in moderation didn't quite go the way I'd hoped. Had a total pigout! Weighed myself this am and only gained a lb so I'm at 139 now. Exercised on Friday...did my last run/walk. On Monday I run 20 minutes and on Wed and Fri I run 25 and 30 minutes, respectively. I know I can do the 20, but the 25 and 30 may take just gutting it out.
  • aliem
    Back in California and somehow I managed to lose .4 pounds since Sunday! I am at 127.8! I am not sure how. I did not count calories, but I wouldn't be surprised if I ate a surplus of 1000 calories a day! There must have been some residual weight loss from previous weeks that came off. Either way, I am excited not to be up much! Hopefully I have some water weight to lose and can be closer to my 123.6 goal by the end of the month (the full goal isn't going to happen.) Danced last night and this morning. First workouts since Tuesday. Food has been good today. And prepped for the week.

Great job Rinde! Just one pound is great! I was hoping to not gain more than 2! I know you can hit the 25 and 30 minutes! You are awesome!
  • Rinde99
    Aliem: Fantastic that you lost some weight from Sunday! Way to go!

I over ate yesterday. Just couldn't resist the cheese I had in the fridge. The good news is I finished my 20 minute run this morning. For some reason I felt off my game right from the get go. Could have stopped immediately, but kept on pushing till I got it done. Yay!
  • aliem
    Rinde - Great job! Way to push through! Cheese is so yummy though! You definitely deserve a treat!

Did indo rowing for the first time today. I really loved it! Much better than cycling! However, next time I need to bring my lifting gloves, because I have some blisters on my hands. Hopefully they are better by next week! Food should be good today. Did go out to lunch, but I had a yummy spinach and duck salad!
  • aliem
    Food is good today and later I am going to barre! Did some walking this morning. Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow! Unfortunately, since it is becoming my heavier time of the month, I am a bit worried. Either way, I am glad to be firmly in the 120s and I ended October in the 130s!
  • Rinde99
    Way to go, Aliem#

I ate under my calorie allotment for today, but didn't exercise. Tomorrow I'll have no problems with my run. Just can't seem to get in the rhythm with weights.
  • aliem
    I can't believe it is the end of November already! Where has the time gone? Well here goes nothing!

SW (Oct 31): 131.2
    Goal Weight: 123.6
    Today's Weight: 127.4
    Total Loss: 3.8

Measurements:
    Waist: 25/24.75- down .25 inches
    Chest: 36.5/36.25- down .25 inch
    Hips: 37.5/37.25- down .25 inches
    Thighs: 22/21.75- down .25 inches (.5 total)
    Calf: 14.25/14.25- same
    Arm: 11.75/11.5- down .25 inches (.5 total)
    Total Loss: 1.75 inches

Not too bad! Considering the holidays and such. Still short of my goal, but better than October. I think I need to tame down my goals. Plus I may start to need to eat more (around maintenance) depending on the results of a doctor's appointment tomorrow. So once again, my goal for the month is 123.6 (third time's a charm?) That is 3.8 pounds. That still might be unreasonable, depending on the outcome of tomorrow, but I am really happy with my weight loss so far and would be very happy if my goal needs to be 127.4 (i.e. maintaining weight). I am starting to feel pretty confident with my body now! Plus, I know for me, maintenance will be the hardest thing for me. I am really good at either eating in a deficit or binging. I have yet to be successful at a balance for more than a few months. Barre was great last night. I really like the instructor at this gym (I go to several gyms, depending on where I am working) Unfortunately (for me, great for her), she is very pregnant so I think she has only through the end of the month to teach. Tonight is TRX. Going to dinner with friends after. Will try to keep dinner reasonable.
  • Rinde99
    Oh my gosh! Totally forgot to weigh-in and measure this morning! What was I thinking? Will have to do it tomorrow and hope for the best. Definitely motivation for a light dinner. If I'm still at 139 I believe I'll hit my goal for the month so anything below is bonus. Still have to go running this afternoon and hopefully complete my 25 minutes.

You did fantastic, Aliem! Losing 3.8 is quite a bit when you get closer to your goal. And gaining confidence and feeling good about your shape is awesome. Keep it up and you'll get there!
  • Rinde99
    Yay, I did it! Ran for 25 minutes with no problem. Much easier than Monday's run which I just slogged through to the finish. Now I have the confidence for the 30 on Friday. After that I'm going to start running mileage at a given pace plus some faster intervals on other days. Also adding another run day to schedule starting on the 10th. Can't wait.