Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @ngolden3320 You might be surprised. I didn't know we had one until about a year ago

@jdelaroy I always hate that when splurges end up not being as good as expected. It sounds like clothes shopping is definitely in your future!

I've got a busy week coming up! Tonight I'm going out to dinner and a play with a good friend. Tomorrow I've got a all day Leadership training and derby practice. Friday we're having a bunch of people over for pizza and board games. Saturday I'm heading to my Grandma's to start the Thanksgiving madness!

I pre-tracked my food today so I know I'll be on point and I plan on making good decisions at the training tomorrow. My Grandma has lots of healthy options and I made vegan chili to share...but her chocolate chip cookies are my downfall. Wish me luck for the next 2 weeks since I'm off of my regular routine!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Rachel - hope your round of Thanksgiving celebrations go well - good luck with the chocolate chip cookies :) Pizza and board games sounds like fun - hope you have a great time!

Jen - welcome back! such a shame - chilli cheese fries sound like they should be so good - like Rachel says it's so disapointing when your spluge doesn't live up to exepectations!

Yesterday was a bit of a bust for me - started well but was stupidly busy at work and got home absolutely shattered - and dreaming of sticky toffee pudding :smiley: So I'm afraid I caved and blasted through my calories for the day! Working from home today so should be able to get back on track - and I've finally found the charging unit for my fitbit so can get back to wearing that! Hope the day treats you all well.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @janetay01 sticky toffee pudding. Sound yummy. I hate when work throws everything off. Don't they know we have us priorities and they are screwing things up.

Jen. Sorry your chili cheese fries were a disappointment.

Made it through 3 days at the gym. I don't think there is a muscle that doesn't hurt. But this hurt feels good.

I am not looking forward to the holidays. My dads birthday would have been the 27 right after thanksgiving. I really wish I could just go to sleep now and wake up on January 1. I guess I will just have to suck it up
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    I'm at an all day training but I wanted to check in and say hi! Ive been doing great on food choices (avoided the cookies and pasta and chose chicken and my protein bar instead). I'm proud of myself for setting my week up well so I can go strongly into the weekend!

@janetay01 sticky toffee pudding sounds amazing! Glad you're right back on the bandwagon today

@ngolden3320 I'm so sorry. The first holidays after a major loss is rough. We're here for you if you need us!
  • fehribachf
    fehribachf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time self disciplining
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @rachel0778 Sounds like you are going to do awesome this week. Your Friday night sounds wonderful. If I was anywhere close I would tell you to invite me. I love game nights.

@janetay01 So glad you found your charger. I love my Fitbit. It definitely helps keep me motivated.

@ngolden3320 3 days is great! This holiday season will be a little rough. I am here with cyber hugs and well wishes to help get you through.

@gemwolf110 Enjoy second shift while you can. I am more of a first shift kind of person. I love the early hours, and works better with the kids.

@fehribachf I also have a hard time with self discipline. Practice makes it better. All you can do is keep trying.

Well my son was sick yesterday, so I hung out at home with him. Plus I was super stressed, I had chocolate chip cookies for lunch. Way better than the chili cheese fries. I did manage to do 30 minutes of light dancing, and 30 minutes of walking. It finally snowed yesterday! Our first snow of the season. Usually we get 1 or two storms before Halloween. 18 degrees right now. Brrr
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to mention, with all the lovely cold and snow we got yesterday, I decided to wear my favorite blue sweater. It makes my eyes look amazing. I put it on, and I was swimming in it. Looks like it is being retired to the back of the closet. Instead I am wearing a grey one my mom got me last year that was uncomfortable to wear. I am rocking it.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Another busy day at the office today. My boss is driving me crazy. I just wanted to check in today and say hi. Eating is still going well and I got a fantastic workout at derby last night. I'm hoping to keep this healthy eating momentum into next week for Thanksgiving (eek!)

@jdelaroy Another amazing NSV! Way to rock that sweater!

@fehribachf Self disciplining is tough. I set up habits so I don't have to focus on day to day discipline. Example) I prep my lunches on Sunday so I never have to think about what to eat for lunch.

@gemwolf110 Glad the new shift is working for you, keep up the great work!

• Rachel0778
    Options
    kgwomc06xlja.jpg
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! Sorry I have been MIA for the last whole week! I've been totally slammed at work, hoping that next week will be way better (my boss just left for Hawaii!!). My coworker burst her eardrum and I've been covering her too. Plus I was busy all nights/mornings etc!! Didn't even get to the gym on Tues/Wed or Thursday this week - I was such a grouch!!

Nicole - it must be this time of year, because this week my hubs is feeling off, really missing his dad! (he passed in April). I think it is the time of year where we look forward to being with our families and Christmas is in the near future, so it definitely brings up a lot of sentimental memories. Hang in there, and make some fab new memories with your family this holiday season. I'm going to try that here too!

Rachel - va va va voom! Nice new profile pic!! :) Looking great! Glad you are feeling better. Your weekend sounds great, I love pizza and board games! And really really really treasure your time with your grandma, I wish mine were still here. Good idea with pre making the chilli! You are going to do great. (Just tell her after 2 cookies to take the plate away and hide it! LOL)

Jane - I so want to see Fantastic Beasts!! Looks great, and will be very imaginative! Ok, I don't know what the heck sticky toffee pudding is (is it really pudding?), but it sounds like I would scarf the whole thing! haha!

Gem - great work on the deck! Reno's are hard work, but worth it when you can look back and be proud of doing it yourselves!

Jen - ummm hello!? Clothes falling off? That is AWESOME! Or as my 9 yo would say "swasome" (sweet + awesome). LOL! Definitely keep up the great work!

I didn't even weigh myself today. Just trying to get through this week!! Hope everyone has a great weekend, and has time for exercise!
  • SaffronMeadow
    SaffronMeadow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I am JoAnne and I want to lose 50 lbs. by this summer. I'd also like to transition to a vegetarian lifestyle in the process. I'd love to join -- I sure could use some help staying motivated.
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Hi Joanne welcome this is a great place to be. Please add me as a friend.

Rachel. Great job sticking to your food plan. Your profile picture is beautiful

@jdelaroy great NSV. Woohoo. Where do you live. We in Ohio had our first snow Saturday. Yuck it was 28 this morning on my way to work. Not ready for that.

Joy. Nice to hear from you. Hopefully this week won't be as hectic. Do you only work three days also.

Thank to everyone for the good thought and cyber hugs I am really taking them in. Happy Monday everyone. May these three days go fast.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @rachel0778 I love the new picture, such a beautiful woman. I hope you had a great weekend. I imagine it was a blast.

@bluepoppies777 Does sound like a crazy week, and not being able to go to the gym when I wanted would make me grouchy. There was two days at work last week I didn't get to walk during my lunch. I really felt blah for the rest of the day afterwards. Hope this week mellows out for you.

@SaffronMeadow Welcome to the thread, just hop in whenever you want. Good luck on your journey. Also, there are some great vegetarian threads, and I believe a group or two here.

@ngolden3320 Hang tough, you can make it through this time.

I had a pretty good weekend. Saturday was awesome. I took the kids roller skating for the first time. They loved it, I was able to get out there, and not fall, and managed to stay out for the 2 hour session.

Sunday though I ate everything in sight. I think it is getting close to ToM, and that is a normal occurrence for me. I just go with it was needed. (Or at least I am telling myself.)

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Was a quiet day in this thread yesterday. Hope everyone is doing alright, hanging tough and taking the steps they need/want to.

I had a rough two days. I did fine with my calories at work, but I was starving when I got home and dinner took 3 hours to make. So while making dinner, I snacked on pretzels covered in almond bark. Then the BF asked me to make him blueberry muffins. He just bought, and set up a brand new dryer for us. How could I say no. I ate one of those too. Lets just say my scale said I was u almost 2 pounds. My fat is fighting eviction and that stupid thought of this was the lightest weight I will be is looming in the back of my mind. I need to step it back up, and call in the reinforcements. Stupid fat is not going to win.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    @jdelaroy Great job on not falling roller skating. I'm with you ready for reinforcements to show up. Stay strong. You. (We) got this.

I'm going to go with HAPPY hump day since tomorrow is my last day of work. Hope it is the same for everyone else
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Wow… ladies.. I’ve been a slacker!

Nicole: Hope you are continuing the gym routine… way to go!! Thinking of you and your family… Holidays are heard with the loss of loved ones. =(

Gem: Way to keep busy… sounds like your yard is looking great!!

Janetay: Way to go on the 1.4 loss! Glad the birthday party was fun!! Sticky Toffee Pudding sounds yummy!

Rachel: Glad your feeling better! Love your profile pict too!! Good luck… all of our routines will be messed up this week! You are rocking the food choices girl!!

Jdelroy: I hate when something sounds so yummy and you are so disappointed in how good they taste and the wasted calories! I do that a lot! Have fun shopping… sounds like you’ve earned it! Snow… I know it’s late but I am still not ready!! I have that same problem… I do great and then get home and scarf everything in sight! I hate that!

Joy: I hear you Joy… I am in the same boat… work is crazy!

So I’ve been doing ok… Had a busy week last week and not so crazy besides work this week… I’ve been good getting the workouts in and down 1 pound since Friday! Yay! I was good all weekend! I was bad at lunch yesterday and managed to eat a very light dinner to cover it! Yay! Today is my long day at work and didn’t get a workout in this morning as I had to get my oil changed… but I hopefully will tonight! Eating good so far today! Tomorrow night will be a challenge as it Pre-Thanksgiving Drinks with friends! Thursday… I will eat ok… Besides the pie… one bad meal all day… won’t be bad. Friday I have to work and then I will do some black Friday shopping… Sat. I am throwing up Christmas all over my house!!! Yay!!! Plus wrapping some presents and getting ahead for Christmas! Sunday is my families Thanksgiving and once again, pretty good but the pie… I’m sure! =) Hope you all have a great week! I’m sure it will be light on the thread with the holiday! Happy Thanksgiving!! And watch those calories!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Good morning and Happy early Thanksgiving for my American friends. To the rest I hope you have a great week/weekend.

@ngolden3320 Today is my last day too, unless I decide to come in on Saturday.

@ShyCush6 Sounds like you are going to have a great few days. I do not know how I am going to survive this week.

I had another day of over eating. I am not sure why I am eating so much. I thought it was because of ToM coming, but that usually only lasts a day. I think the problem is I love the taste of food. If I could eat food without swallowing it, I would be okay with that. Just chew until the flavor is gone and then spit it out. Unfortunately, that is gross and you still get a bunch of calories. I need to remember my whys and find my discipline.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Shy - sounds like you are really making it work :). have fun at Thanksgiving and enjoy the pie!!

Nicole - yay for happy hump day, sadly I still have two more to go after today - boohiss! Hope you are doing ok at this tough time - first holidays after the loss of someone special are so hard. Make sure you look after yourself.

Jen - I hate those days when you are hungry and food takes so long. I think I would have succumbed to the muffin as well. You are doing so well though - you will not let the fat win out!

Joy - sticky toffee pudding (at least over here) is steamed sponge pudding with treacle in it and then a liberal dose of treacle sauce poured all over it. And then you really should be adding either cream or custard to it - it is lethal, delicious and so not conducive to a calorie counting and weight loss regime :smiley:

So I had a morning to forget - missed the alarm and overslept so missed my normal train to the office. Got breakfast sorted for all of us and helped hubby get Alistair up and dressed for nursery. Drove to the station to discover no bag - so no train ticket, purse, phone, house keys - nothing! Thankfully hubby had not left for work so was able to get back to the house and pick everything up but missed another train in the process. The day could only improve!!

Hope the day treats you all well and happy thanksgiving to you all!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I feel like it's been a while since I checked in, so I quickly looked through everyone's posts. Everyone is doing so well!

@jdelaroy - congrats on your clothes feeling looser! We all have those days of over-eating, especially around this time of year. You'll find your why's and discipline soon, I just know it! Just think of all the new clothes you're going to get with your BF when you go shopping. :)

@janetay1 - Sticky toffee sounds amazing! I'm sorry to hear you missed your train, but at least you were able to get your husband to get everything for you! Stay positive for today!

@ShyCush6 - Congratulations on the loss! Sounds like you have a very busy week ahead as well! I also can't resist a good piece of pie on Thanksgiving, but like you said, it's one day.

I'm sure it'll be pretty low-key the rest of this week on this thread, so Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who is celebrating; stay strong, work hard, eat right, and we've got this!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi friends! Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow from Canada! :) Hugs all around! Hope everyone has a wonderful day with their friends and families.

Jane: Thanks for telling me what sticky toffee pudding is... sounds delicious! I had to google what treacle was, and it is molasses! Yum. Then I googled pics of sticky toffee pudding... shouldn't have done that! LOL! Sounds like you are having 'one of those days', hope it turns around!

Shy: your thanksgiving sounds great! Is that usually what americans do? put up their christmas decorations right after thanksgiving? Since our Thanksgiving is in the beginning of October, we aren't even thinking about Christmas at that time of year. Makes sense though, take one holiday deco's down, and put the next up? Might as well! Have fun at all your dinners and enjoy decorating!

Jen: that made me laugh! Wishing to chew the food and spit it out! haha! I have felt the same way, that's for sure! I've definitely been struggling with the portion sizes, eating times (clock) and eating times (too many times!) over the past while. It's a daily struggle!

I woke up and weighed myself and I'm down a pound, so that was a nice surprise today. I've been so busy still, barely time to exercise. I have to get myself sorted, plan some meals, plan some gym times and plan some time for just being at home. I'm out again tonight for the SIXTH night in a row. Let's just say I was dragging my knuckles to work today - too old for this! No solid plans for the weekend, we have to work all week this week, no days off here sadly. I'll do some black Friday shopping I'm sure, been trying to work through my Christmas list and get some presents checked off!

Enjoy Thanksgiving, friends! xo