If it came down to it would u eat human flesh?

Options

Replies

• sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Lol this is so wrong. I don't think I would be able to. I would eat roasted rats before I eat human flesh
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I'd do in that situation.
    I'd probably just die rather than eat someone.
    But I couldn't say for sure I wouldn't.
  • xjulesjx
    xjulesjx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    No I couldn't do it. I'd rather die
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Probably. A lot of people think that they would never be able to, but that's because you're sitting comfortably probably with a full stomach while you're thinking about it. When it comes down to being to the point of eating another person or dying, most people would do it. If you want to take the high road before your friend dies, you could draw straws.

This..

I was talking about this with a friend and we both agreed that you never know what you have do when your body kicks in the chemicals in the brain and its about SURVIVE or DIE...

I kill you or you kill me.. we could fight for it, but we would be too weak.. we would die of sleep deprivation any ways cause we would sleep with one eye open.

So if you just give up, drown yourself or cut your leg and hope for a shark... Be my luck the shark would just take the leg or two and leave the rest...LOL
  • jasonabramll
    jasonabramll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. And 99% everyone who said no is lying to them selfs. The will to survive is a strong driving force. You would be surprised at what you will do to survive.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine, who is a disaster preparedness and survival instructor, always jokes with his kids (11 and 13) by telling them that he's not sure if they'll make it, but that he can always survive by eating them. This of course is met with the standard eye rolls.

Me? Except in the rarest instances, there are always other options; however, in those rare instances, yeah, probably.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. And 99% everyone who said no is lying to them selfs. The will to survive is a strong driving force. You would be surprised at what you will do to survive.

Ive gone without food long enough to know I wouldn't
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    If you where eating your friend and then a rescue plane shows up an hour later, would you take a to-go bag?
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »

Like Essex long? Like at least 3 months at sea with no other food?
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a_1 wrote: »
    Lol this is so wrong. I don't think I would be able to. I would eat roasted rats before I eat human flesh

This is what I mean...always an alternative...except when there isn't.
  • peter2100
    peter2100 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I probably would.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Well idk, is eating human flesh raw even advisable? You're on a boat so I guess there's no george foreman grill.... If there were a way to cook it I'd say yes otherwise I think we could both just choose suicide or they could eat me after I kill myself.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    If you where eating your friend and then a rescue plane shows up an hour later, would you take a to-go bag?

Now were are throwing in a chance of rescue?? hhhmmmmm

Will I now be charged with murder or is there such as thing as survival killing that is justified homicide?
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »

Now were are throwing in a chance of rescue?? hhhmmmmm

Will I now be charged with murder or is there such as thing as survival killing that is justified homicide?

After Googling, it seems like judges think it's best to wait until the person dies naturally before eating them. Killing them makes the court iffy, but you'd probably be ok given the circumstances. Also only if a long time has passed. Like you can't be stranded and eat the person after a day. Also do you wonder if the mods read our conversations and just shake their heads?
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    https://www.theguardian.com/law/shortcuts/2015/dec/16/eating-people-is-wrong-but-is-it-against-the-law

heh. looks like it could be a civil tort and lay you open to lawsuits from relatives even if it's 'legal'. i like how the first thing i saw said it was the 'non-consensual' consumption of human flesh.

why am i even giving up headspace to this.
  • onegodusedtoknow
    onegodusedtoknow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There's a beautiful filipino play called "may isang alamat" or in English "there was one legend " where the people in the village experienced centuries of famine. So they killed one by one those unuseful villagers. And that love was that one legend that shouldn't exist so that flesh would only be seen as meat. However, a mother that believed in love influenced her child. This child was called "useless kid" and will be the next meal of the village. This kid's father the butcher was getting ready to kill him but the mother sacrificed herself and brought the family to their death because the family eventually believed in love. Also there's a side story about the 2nd chief believing that the spring he found can help them but when the villagers saw him slip into the spring they never had empathy and ate him after.
  • onegodusedtoknow
    onegodusedtoknow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Also has anyone wathed pupa?
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    xjulesjx wrote: »
    No I couldn't do it. I'd rather die

I think you get hungry enough that you'd do it whether you wanted to or not. You body won't let your brain get away with being that squeamish.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    i hope i would have the will to survive but i honestly have to say i am not sure if i could another human or even a pet .

Pets .. hell I'd eat the dog first. No use wasting all that dog food on the dog only to eat him later anyway.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Karb_Kween wrote: »

Like Essex long? Like at least 3 months at sea with no other food?

Trust me. I just eat so I don't lose my lochs