Phentermine?

Options

Replies

• Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Friend me. I'd like that :). I started taking Phentermine in 2014. I lost forty pounds in one year. That was with logging my food and exercise carefully on here. It was a big motivator for me. I lost a lot of weight the first month. It really motivated me to get healthy and drop the pounds and work out.

It was a tool for me. But logging my food and exercise here was just as important. Phentermine curbs my appetite, but not that much. Enough that I stay motivated and on track.

It's the same as any diet though. For me, I stopped logging my food and stopped exercising. I gained it all back.

I am back on Phentermine now. Logging my food here is the most important part for me.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Options

Jlatr. Don't worry about not eating enough calories. That only lasts for a little while. You will start eating more.

Tips:
    Don't buy it online. Sometimes you will get the real thing, but maybe not. Get a doctor.
    Log your food and exercise. Keep track of what you eat.

Oops, I am out of time. More later.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I used it for a while when you could order it online from Mexico or where ever. It works. But when I had to quit taking it, I gained it all back plus 15 pounds, 105 to 140, putting me the heaviest I'd ever been.

It was just a waste of money. And when I came off it, I had gallbladder problems. It may have been a coincidence, but I doubt it.

Stick to the caffeine, exercise, portion control, maybe some vitamin B12.

Good luck.

Anytime we go off a "diet" we tend to gain the weight back. Just saying. It's not just Phentermine that causes it. Look at Oprah.

That's why "dieting" isn't recommended. Lifestyle changes are. Phentermine or not, if you resume your poor eating habits after you lose weight, you're going to gain it back.
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm super jealous that it worked for some people, my doctor was so confused why it had no effect on me, not even dry mouth, nothing happened at all; and I was prescribed the big one for people who are like 400lbs overweight :/
  • Junebuggyzy
    Options
    I'm super jealous that it worked for some people, my doctor was so confused why it had no effect on me, not even dry mouth, nothing happened at all; and I was prescribed the big one for people who are like 400lbs overweight :/

I think everyone gets the same dose, no matter what you weigh. Which doesn't really make sense to me. I talked to my Pharmacist. He said it was bad to ever take more than one a day. I have a friend who it didn't work for too. The 37.5 supposedly have the same 30 mg. of Phentermine, just more filler. I personally like the 30 mg. capsules better than the 37.5 mg. tablets.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Options
    People aren't judgemental on a lot of other forums. I've seen people here completely cut down people, not just us. I have used this forum http://www.phentermine.com/forum/. People are supportive
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    You might be on to something. After a bad weekend I decided to stay away from treats for a week. Its been 5 days and overall I am doing good.
  • Junebuggyzy
    edited November 2016
    Options
    mygrl4meee wrote: »
    You might be on to something. After a bad weekend I decided to stay away from treats for a week. Its been 5 days and overall I am doing good.

That's great! It feels so good to be back to eating healthy. Unprocessed food as much as possible, lots of vegetables, fruits, eggs, and nuts. It was the wine that did me in. When I drank, I got hungry. I stopped cooking. I filled my freezer full of pizza and frozen meals I didn't have to prepare.

I think just logging my food is helping me avoid junk food. Phentermine gives me that little kick to keep going. It's certainly not a miracle drug, but it helps me not feel hungry all the time.

I lost a few pounds this first week back on it, but I am sure it is mostly water weight. I am eating less, that's for sure, but I still have to be very careful of what I eat. I hope I can continue eating less meat.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Options
    You might also think about making your food diary public so that if there are any obvious things in there, people can help you out. (incorrect items from the database, etc)

I agree! My food diary is public to my friends; we do look at each other's. The best thing about my food diary is it keeps me from eating stuff I shouldn't. I don't want to see it in writing that I ate a whole pizza, or a bunch of candy. So I don't eat it!

• mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't advice using this drug. Doctors don't give it out anymore because it has such serious side effects and the weight loss results are not prominent anyway. Diarrhea and vomiting are pretty common and there are some very serious heart problems that occur. People's bodies become use to the drug (resistant) very quickly so it no longer affects your weight loss after a few months. I would say this drug is dangerous and would say don't take it. There are other routes for weight loss that are much more effective.

sorry, yes, they do give it out, I am currently on it, and have dropped 10 lbs in the last month. It has curbed my appetite, and in fact this week, with a lot of stress going on, I am not stuffing my face out of depression.

My doctor did say that the effectiveness usually ends after 3 months. I am only taking it during the work week as that's where my munching is the worse and my weekends are a lot busier than the weekdays. It wouldn't do for me to have no appetite at all when I have walked 26 miles in two days.
  • mielikkibz
    Options

Jumpstarts to weightloss is *kitten* and using drugs is just sad.

this is rude. If that's what it takes, and it works, it's not sad. Not everyone is you, kommodevaran, and to be nasty like this is just wrong.
  • mielikkibz
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Phentermine may actually help...if Interested, look into it and bring it up with your doc!

Uh, no! Phentermine is unnecessary and can be dangerous to your health. If you need a little bump in energy, coffee has lots of benefits

Any drug can be dangerous to your health, if you are working with a Doctor who knows your health background, why should someone not be on it? And sorry, coffee=barf.
  • mielikkibz
    Options

I think everyone gets the same dose, no matter what you weigh. Which doesn't really make sense to me. I talked to my Pharmacist. He said it was bad to ever take more than one a day. I have a friend who it didn't work for too. The 37.5 supposedly have the same 30 mg. of Phentermine, just more filler. I personally like the 30 mg. capsules better than the 37.5 mg. tablets.

I am taking half of a 37.5 pill a day, and only during the work week (weekends right now are so busy, I need to have an appetite as I stated before). I am down 10+ lbs in the last month, and 5 lbs in the last week. Was in the Dr's yesterday, BP is up a little, but still in normal range.

I have no appetite. I have to force myself to eat or to remember to eat. With bone spur, bad knees, possibly plantar fasciatis and asthma, I need to lose weight, and exercising and cutting my calories down was not helping, I hit a plateau and stuck there for 6 months. Now the weight is coming off.

The first week I had insomnia that I wasn't sure if it was my normal insomnia or Phentermine induced, but otherwise, I have had no side effects.

Just my two cents ;)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    mielikkibz wrote: »

I am taking half of a 37.5 pill a day, and only during the work week (weekends right now are so busy, I need to have an appetite as I stated before). I am down 10+ lbs in the last month, and 5 lbs in the last week. Was in the Dr's yesterday, BP is up a little, but still in normal range.

I have no appetite. I have to force myself to eat or to remember to eat. With bone spur, bad knees, possibly plantar fasciatis and asthma, I need to lose weight, and exercising and cutting my calories down was not helping, I hit a plateau and stuck there for 6 months. Now the weight is coming off.

The first week I had insomnia that I wasn't sure if it was my normal insomnia or Phentermine induced, but otherwise, I have had no side effects.

Just my two cents ;)

Awesome. The long term side effects are so sneaky though.
  • mielikkibz
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Just my two cents ;)

Awesome. The long term side effects are so sneaky though. [/quote]

As is anything in life. I'm under Doctor supervision, and for that I feel ok with it.

• emerald567
    emerald567 Posts: 6 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have been attending a medical weight loss clinic. Part of my program includes Phentermine (half dose), but it is only a part. I am on a reduced calorie diet, I work out, have increased my protein intake, water and sleep. The Phentermine is there to help with metabolism and appetite. Its working great and I don't have any side effects (but I did when I tried the full dose the first week, so it was cut down). I see the doctor each week, and progress is monitored, which I think is the smart thing to do with any of those types of medications. I have lost 20lbs in about 9 weeks.

As for coffee, I am a caffeine addict, and I can tell you that coffee does not work the same way this does. (I have had to reduce/eliminate much of my coffee intake while on this medication.)

I agree with everyone that says you need to make a lifestyle change. You can't be on this forever and be healthy. But its a short term tool to help get started.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Just be prepared for when the phentermine quits working or you stop taking it. Your appetite will return in full force.