What Other Factors (Besides Nutrition) Help You Succeed?

Options

Replies

• akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Believing in yourself enough and knowing you are worth it. Being positive about everything and I mean everything.
  • wilarose
    wilarose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1) removing toxic horribly abusive people from my life
    2) changing jobs
    3) 10k steps a day
    4) joining a gym and hiring coaches/personal trainers
    5) MFP app using macros and going lowish carb high protein
    6) daily vitamin
    7) haven't watch TV in 2 years (except for seahawks at the bar)
    8) learning to like myself and being alone
    9)therapy
    10) lots of self work

Another Hawk fan! I like you already!
  • lanenadepapi143
    lanenadepapi143 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    no carbs
  • judis100
    judis100 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think it helps a lot to have an accountability partner or group - both for the support and the sense of letting someone down, which for some reason is a bigger motivator than letting myself down (sadly!). Also, it helped me to be scared of becoming diabetic. But probably the most important contributor to my success was recognizing that this is a permanent lifestyle change and not just a temporary fix.
  • miqael234
    miqael234 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Limit my calories intake, havr positive mumind and try to enjoy your life while still can. I manage to lose 15kg within 1.5 months with strict diet.Btw.. im satisfied with the result and i try to maintain my weight and MFP help! :smile:
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Interesting friends and activities! I joined a triathlon club and have made lots of friends that are very active and that motivate me to get out and get some fun in my day. Lots of fun activities! Staying busy keeps me going. Also taking my "trigger" foods out of the house.
  • quietandmildspirit
    quietandmildspirit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Kullerva I laughed really good at the sugarless jello Lord and Savior bit. I will try it because I just die for something sweet.
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Quiet and Kullerva. Sugar free strawberry jello ( 10 calories) with Chocolate Redi Wip( 15 calories). It satisfies the sweet tooth big time!!!
  • frankie671
    frankie671 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Getting a Fitbit and making sure I always walk 10k steps a day, ideally 15k. I love walking now and I do it all the time, I even go out of my way to walk by getting off the train a few stops early in the mornings. I raised my calorie goals and now I eat to fuel my body instead of starving myself. I also learnt about macros and what I actually need! I've started a progressive weight lifting programme and learnt that the only way to get to my goals is to lift, not just tons of cardio! I've seen a huge difference in my body over the past couple of months but more importantly, I FEEL so much healthier and happier.
  • hollystephenson94
    Options
    Acceptance. I don't go to the gym because I "have to", because "I will be fat", or because I'm at war with my body. I go to feel good, have fun, and stay more awake in class. If I went on the stairmaster groaning about how much I hated the pain and my butt, I'd release a lot of cortisol... but when I go and blast my favorite song, I feel like I'm flying.
  • daylilytrees
    daylilytrees Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ubermofish wrote: »
    Marinated mushrooms (without oil) are awesome too.

What do you use to marinate mushrooms?
  • SapphireMoon23
    SapphireMoon23 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Planning & preparing meals a day or two ahead. Staying just under daily cal goal.
    Weigh in the AM almost daily. Light exercise.
    Garcinia cambogia. 3 liters water. Stay grateful for every oz of progress. Quality sleep.
  • roamingmum
    roamingmum Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Understanding the maths of weight loss: 3500 calories = 1lb of fat. Which means there is no quick fix (e.g. jumping on the scales to see how many pounds I've lost since yesterday) just genuine lifelong change. 55lb lost and maintain.
  • AutumnDancer26
    AutumnDancer26 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Being honest about what I was eating really helped me. I was eating very healthy most times, but I didn't realize how out of whack my ratios and portions were. Also, I'm doing this for me, accepting the fact that I'm beautiful at my size, and that I am only doing this to have a healthy and happy body and soul.
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone ever looks at it from this angle, but if you don't have your own kitchen, then you can't cook heavy meals, and if you can't afford food, then you flatout don't over eat. ha ha
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Fixing sleep and reducing stress!
  • Chilli7777
    Chilli7777 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Visualising and keeping my journey in the forefront of my mind
  • meierhofer21
    meierhofer21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Simplifying the process was the biggest one to me. As soon as I stopped worrying about eating the right foods or doing the right exercises I was able to make it work. I ate things I enjoyed that kept me full and did exercises I enjoyed.

Second biggest was to stop trying to lose weight so fast. Two pounds per week didn't give me nearly enough calories and once I decided on slower weight loss I was able to stick to it.

This! Eating what I want, just not as much! And finding exercise that works for me. I love my jIllian michaels dvd, she is real. And saves on gym membership, no excuses!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!