New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Don't know if I have asked this before but have any of you tried Buff Bakes Birthday Cake almond butter? Or any of the fancy ones? I like their protein cookies but the carbs :'(
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Don't know if I have asked this before but have any of you tried Buff Bakes Birthday Cake almond butter? Or any of the fancy ones? I like their protein cookies but the carbs :'(

Yes, the carbs are crazy for the whole cookie. There is no way I could just eat half.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    3lylsmhd5x81.jpg
    Dang, I didn't look for these yesterday. I ended up spending twenty when I could have spent 100 on a lot of cool stuff. :disappointed:

I picked up a Cliff Mexican hot chocolate there and would get it again. I'm a real sucker for chocolate and spice.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    When I was at Trader Joes they had a big display of "Thanksgiving stuffing" flavored kettle corn chips. The chalkboard behind it said "Thanksgiving treats for you-and your dog!"

I didn't want it anymore after that -.-
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    3lylsmhd5x81.jpg
    Dang, I didn't look for these yesterday. I ended up spending twenty when I could have spent 100 on a lot of cool stuff. :disappointed:

I picked up a Cliff Mexican hot chocolate there and would get it again. I'm a real sucker for chocolate and spice.

OMG THESE WERE SO GOOD! Only 140 calories per bar. Tasted like a gingerbread cookie. Way better than the gingerbread clif bar and larabar. I warmed up for a few seconds in microwave and was very good. Nice gingerbread flavor and the icing was a nice touch. Very sweet like a gingerbread cookie. I would buy again, I love gingerbread. I haven't had gingerbread since I was a kid and built gingerbread houses haha, but a bite of this bar instantly took me back. (as opposed to the gingerbread lattes/bars I've had in the past). Authentic gingerbread flavor.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Had the Halo Top Cookie Dough this weekend. The bits of cookie dough were very good, but teeny tiny and there were not many of them. Chocolate chips were essentially nonexistent. I've had Cookie Dough and Sea Salt Caramel so far. Neither compare with how good the plain vanilla bean is. The vanilla bean, to me, feels really authentic and I don't feel like I'm eating a "diet" or "healthy" ice cream. I'm thinking Red Velvet next. Anyone like the cookies and cream?
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    patceoh wrote: »
    Burger King pancakes have a load of calories,but don't they all?

My own pancakes (diner size) have like 250 calories each. But OH SO TASTY. Not filling one bit though. Sigh.

It's one of those situations where you just indulge and pick your healthy eating back up the next day... #screwit

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    Had the Halo Top Cookie Dough this weekend. The bits of cookie dough were very good, but teeny tiny and there were not many of them. Chocolate chips were essentially nonexistent. I've had Cookie Dough and Sea Salt Caramel so far. Neither compare with how good the plain vanilla bean is. The vanilla bean, to me, feels really authentic and I don't feel like I'm eating a "diet" or "healthy" ice cream. I'm thinking Red Velvet next. Anyone like the cookies and cream?

I liked the cookies and cream but I'm pretty much the only one around here who did. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »

What chocolate chips? lol. My pint had none. The base is good though.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    For those that like Peppermint Giant has the Talenti Peppermint Bark flavor (I want the Egg Nog so boo).
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    3lylsmhd5x81.jpg

They're gluten free. Help me. I could probably eat the whole box. Gingerbread anything is kryptonite for me. I'll get them if they have them when I go tomorrow, though.
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    When I was at Trader Joes they had a big display of "Thanksgiving stuffing" flavored kettle corn chips. The chalkboard behind it said "Thanksgiving treats for you-and your dog!"

Bwah-ha! They were sampling those chips at my TJ this past weekend - didn't notice anything particularly Thanksgiving-y about the taste. Just tasted like a kettle-cooked potato chip.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options

I don't really think the calories are all that bad honestly. A stack of three pancakes without syrup or butter is only 300 calories, and they're very satisfying! I'll admit I'm perhaps a little weird and will sometimes bring a small pack of sugar free syrup to save calories or eat them plain, they do have a lot of flavor and are quite buttery tasting alone. Or you could always see if they have jelly packets or something else lower in calories so it doesn't seem as bad :)

Pancakes without butter & syrup sound sad.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    scante60 wrote: »

Bwah-ha! They were sampling those chips at my TJ this past weekend - didn't notice anything particularly Thanksgiving-y about the taste. Just tasted like a kettle-cooked potato chip.

Those chips are freaking AWESOME. I have had several people taste them and they all said it tasted just like turkey stuffing. A definitely buy for us.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    scante60 wrote: »

yeah i did not notice anything in the taste that was anything close to stuffing... tasty, but not like stuffing.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

I don't really think the calories are all that bad honestly. A stack of three pancakes without syrup or butter is only 300 calories, and they're very satisfying! I'll admit I'm perhaps a little weird and will sometimes bring a small pack of sugar free syrup to save calories or eat them plain, they do have a lot of flavor and are quite buttery tasting alone. Or you could always see if they have jelly packets or something else lower in calories so it doesn't seem as bad :)

My dad would agree with you - he always puts plenty of syrup on his pancakes no matter what.

Me, if I want to put syrup or butter on a pancake, I consider the pancake a fail. Of course, there are always pancakes bad enough that I know butter and syrup can't save them (McDonald's) so I'll still eat those plain when I have to have them. I figure, why waste even more calories on them?

Back to the topic of new products ...

Finally got around to trying the Buddy's Small Batch Chocolate Peanut Butter. Eh. Neither chocolate-y nor peanut butter-y enough for what I want. I will probably buy the cinnamon raisin version, though. That was very tasty.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »

My dad would agree with you - he always puts plenty of syrup on his pancakes no matter what.

Me, if I want to put syrup or butter on a pancake, I consider the pancake a fail. Of course, there are always pancakes bad enough that I know butter and syrup can't save them (McDonald's) so I'll still eat those plain when I have to have them. I figure, why waste even more calories on them?

Back to the topic of new products ...

Finally got around to trying the Buddy's Small Batch Chocolate Peanut Butter. Eh. Neither chocolate-y nor peanut butter-y enough for what I want. I will probably buy the cinnamon raisin version, though. That was very tasty.

Haha. I don't add butter. I add maybe a tablespoon of syrup.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Just tried Tic Tac's new apple pie flavor mints, and I'm very disappointed. Tastes nothing like apple pie in my opinion. I'll stick to the orange ones which I can easily finish in a matter of minutes (not that anyone should though).