True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I confess that I write long soliloquies to friends via email...everything from conspiracy theories, to earthquake patterns, to my take on religion... then I read them over and over to try and make sense of the thoughts that spill from my brain through my fingers onto the screen...then I delete the email and carry on.
  • MichelleHudler
    MichelleHudler Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I confess that I thought by losing weight my husband would be more sexual, and since nothing has changed in the ten years we've been together I am beginning to search for passion else where.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Ordered authentic Japanese Wagyu ribeye roast for Christmas dinner. It is obscene how much I spent and I am a bit embarrassed when so many have so little.
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    The more I read here the more grateful I become for my wife and my life. First world problems only thank God.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I confess that I thought by losing weight my husband would be more sexual, and since nothing has changed in the ten years we've been together I am beginning to search for passion else where.

Your in-box shall runneth over.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    We are having a work party today for Thanks Giving, I really don't want to eat their food, I don't want Thanks Giving dinner early, I don't want to socialize with the rest of the workers. Just let me do my job, and go home, to my dogs, so I can drink myself to sleep again.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    brianbgboy wrote: »
    I confess I look for reasons at 4am to get pissed off on the way to the gym because I kill it in there when im pissed off!

It being 4 am and me being awake would be reason enough for me to be pissed.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I confess this week can *kitten* off.
    Just heard my uncle died. Come on November this is getting ridiculous
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

I am so sorry Ali. Hugs!
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Don't know what to say other than sorry synchkat ...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Dang, sorry to hear this.

Remember to take good care of yourself
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

That's terrible. I'm sorry for you and your family's loss.
  • synchkat
    Options
    Thanks all. I've kind of accepted my dad because I'm watching him deteriorate but my uncle visited just last week.
    Pretty sure I'm starting to become devoid of emotion
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Christmas shopping has reinvigorated my shopping addition and I've already spent over half of my check -_-
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Im so sorry Ali....so many things happening at once ..big hugs my friend
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I believe death is just the beginning of a new adventure, after we have learned what we need for the next...or have had the opportunity to share our wisdom with those that need it most. A passing should be a celebration of their life. not a mourning of our loss. to add context I have averaged 2 funerals/year since I was 6 years old... some years none, others, 3-4... when you have an opportunity to visit that much grief... that often... you learn to pick your battles...

My confession... after I put my dog down.. I became depressed... undiagnosed by a doc... because as a guy... we keep that *kitten* buried...BUT.. it wasn't until some months ago... well about a year ago... that I acquired a new pup.. and it was that event that made me realize that I had been in mourning for that old dog...never... had I had that feeling for any human... and I had been to the graveside of grandparents, uncles, two fathers (paternal and adopted), close cousins, and host of friends...

So Synch... it may be that your emotional threshold has been worn away... find someone to talk to... you may be slipping into depression...

• Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options

So sorry.
    I have been thinking of you and your family.
  • synchkat
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    I believe death is just the beginning of a new adventure, after we have learned what we need for the next...or have had the opportunity to share our wisdom with those that need it most. A passing should be a celebration of their life. not a mourning of our loss. to add context I have averaged 2 funerals/year since I was 6 years old... some years none, others, 3-4... when you have an opportunity to visit that much grief... that often... you learn to pick your battles...

My confession... after I put my dog down.. I became depressed... undiagnosed by a doc... because as a guy... we keep that *kitten* buried...BUT.. it wasn't until some months ago... well about a year ago... that I acquired a new pup.. and it was that event that made me realize that I had been in mourning for that old dog...never... had I had that feeling for any human... and I had been to the graveside of grandparents, uncles, two fathers (paternal and adopted), close cousins, and host of friends...

So Synch... it may be that your emotional threshold has been worn away... find someone to talk to... you may be slipping into depression...

Good Lord buddy
    I don't need you diagnosing me and informing us how superior you are with five thousand words. I am not slipping into depression. My father has been sent home to die and my cousin today found his dad on the floor, rigor having set in since he died two days ago.
    I am sad. I am am grieving. I am watching my dad die. I don't need amateur diagnoses