Diet coke or pepsi?

Options

Replies

• glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    grmckenzie wrote: »
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    I rarely drink diet soda but I suppose when I do and there are lots of options I tend to gravitate towards diet pepsi.

But you know the sweeteners are going to kill you, right?

(ducks and hides)

You know what else will kill you? Death. As someone who doesn't drink, smoke or consume caffeine at this point, I'm sure a little sweetener probably isn't going to be my death knell. Like others have said, it's rude to derail OP's post.

Diet Pepsi without caffeine. I'd love to get diet Dr Pepper without caffeine but they don't sell it in the UK. :disappointed:
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Used to be Diet Pepsi, but it's disgusting now that it's sweetened with sucralose. So now I stick to Diet Coke.

The chemikalz.
  • texasleahgirl
    texasleahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke if I must, but prefer Diet Dr Pepper and Coke Zero. No way ever do I drink Pepsi anything.

By the way-Diet Coke is it's own special formula, it is not supposed to be the 0 cal version of Coke. However, Coke Zero is the Coke Classic formula but with the zero calorie sweetener (according to the Coca Cola Sales rep for the restaurants I work for).
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Coke Zero

I'll drink Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi because that's ALL some places carry, but they're both some of the worst. Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet cream soda, and Diet root beer all the way.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Neither. Consider swearing off soda forever. Diet soda contributes to obesity - even the soda companies know it, which is why two of the biggies spent well over a billion US $$ this week to buy natural soda startups (both founded in 2009). I was a Diet Coke addict for 30+ years, 3-6 cans a day. It was my primary source of "water". Went cold turkey on 1 Jan 2015 and never looked back. And yes, I'm down 75#. Thanks, VSG (June 2015), and thanks, WATER. Real water. Not soda. Never soda, ever again. Unfortunately, I've just been diagnosed with osteopenia... probably due in large part to all that soda I drank. :(

Yeah, no. I'll match your anecdote with my own:

-lost 50lbs (without surgery), while drinking diet soda every single day
    -been maintaining that loss for several years now (also a participant of the NWCR)
    -am in excellent health by every health marker that my doctor uses-including no longer being a pre-diabetic
    -I have no health issues and I take no medications
    -I have a bmi of 21
    -I have a 25 inch waist (which is another health marker my doctor uses) and wear a size 4 jeans
    -I still drink diet soda every day

Diet soda does not contribute to obesity-eating excess calories does.

OP-I prefer Coke Cherry Zero and Diet Coke with Lime. I also like my local grocery store's diet cola :)

• tanny684
    tanny684 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke. Ideally Coke Zero, but we get free diet at my job so I tolerate it.

Diet pepsi (new formula) tastes like musty basement to me.
    Diet Coke. Ideally Coke Zero, but we get free diet at my job so I tolerate it.

Diet pepsi (new formula) tastes like musty basement to me.

Lmao at musty basement
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi, for sure.

ETA: Diet Coke tastes more chemically to me, but I'll drink it. When I go out to eat I usually order a "Diet Brown" if I don't know what they carry. LOL

Have you read the ingredients? I used to drink Diet Coke but quit a few years ago, don't miss it at all.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Pepsi-- the kind made with sugar (not HFCS). I work it into my calories every so often.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Club soda, Dr. Pepper, ginger ale, root beer, cream soda, or Limonata or else I'm drinking water. I don't care for cola and you would have to pay me to drink a diet soda.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Kroger has a diet ginger ale that's pretty good.

I like Kroger and HEB diet sodas to be honest. Their 4 for 9 specials (or even 5 for 10 o:) ) are the best way to save some pennies.
  • MikilouB
    MikilouB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke...also Fresca. I've been drinking diet pop my entire adult life...and I gained weight while drinking it; but now I have lost 63 pounds while doing the very same thing. Guessing it was all those extra food calories were the cause!!!
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Why is anyone that cares about their body putting chemicals from diet soda in it?
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    LOL. Jinx.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Why is anyone that cares about their body putting chemicals from diet soda in it?

Which chemicals?

Dihydrogen monoxide

That sounds dangerous!

It is. Everyone who consumes it dies