True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    I believe death is just the beginning of a new adventure, after we have learned what we need for the next...or have had the opportunity to share our wisdom with those that need it most. A passing should be a celebration of their life. not a mourning of our loss. to add context I have averaged 2 funerals/year since I was 6 years old... some years none, others, 3-4... when you have an opportunity to visit that much grief... that often... you learn to pick your battles...

My confession... after I put my dog down.. I became depressed... undiagnosed by a doc... because as a guy... we keep that *kitten* buried...BUT.. it wasn't until some months ago... well about a year ago... that I acquired a new pup.. and it was that event that made me realize that I had been in mourning for that old dog...never... had I had that feeling for any human... and I had been to the graveside of grandparents, uncles, two fathers (paternal and adopted), close cousins, and host of friends...

So Synch... it may be that your emotional threshold has been worn away... find someone to talk to... you may be slipping into depression...

So... that being said, If you were faced with the situation that both your dog and a total stranger were drowning and you could only save one , the other would die, which of the two would you choose to save?

.... and why?
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I confess that I've been thinking about sweet potato pie all week long. Gonna try my hardest not to binge on Thursday
  • Taylor076097
    Taylor076097 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am not looking forward to thanksgiving. My family has lost so many people in the last two years that I just want to skip over Thursday so that we are not confronted with the " someone's missing" feeling while we all look at each other at the table but nobody says anything.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am not looking forward to thanksgiving. My family has lost so many people in the last two years that I just want to skip over Thursday so that we are not confronted with the " someone's missing" feeling while we all look at each other at the table but nobody says anything.

Awwww hugs. Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving despite the losses
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has a good day today - I'll be helping the wife get everything set up for tomorrow after work today, and I have to confess I'm not looking forward to it much for some reason.

meh - no matter
  • meepandbaby
    meepandbaby Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I often hide food to eat in private because I fear ridicule
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,138 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

x
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Where are you quoting PapaPeace11 from?? I don't see it.....yes, please pm someone, call someone! Whatever's going on, it's not worth that.
  • linad30
    linad30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have no regrets in my life
  • cottonanddust
    cottonanddust Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't have Facebook or any social media. It's so awesome.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I really don't want to work anymore today. I am ready for the weekend. So instead I am playing on here.
  • synchkat
    Options
    I confess while my curling boyfriend used to be kind of fun but now he's making things really really awkward
  • synchkat
    Options
    I confess I forgot to go to the bathroom before getting my beer
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I'm watching people snipe each other on ebay trying to buy a stupid hatchimals. One right now had 2 minutes left and it's up to $180. I understand you want your kids to get what they want for Christmas, but this is crazy. Fun to watch though.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I confess I had to look up hatchimals...so glad I am past this stage. My kid just wants car stuff and cash. Lol
  • synchkat
    Options
    Apparently my child wants a Hatchimal. He heard about them being the most popular toy this season now we need one
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Apparently my child wants a Hatchimal. He heard about them being the most popular toy this season now we need one

Good luck finding one cheaper than $150
  • synchkat
    Options
    Guess I'll be going to a local toy store tomorrow. I'm pretty sure they're made here.
  • jacksonkris8
    jacksonkris8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I swear like a truck driver around my kids ... they of course aren't allowed to .. but i drop the f bomb at least once a day in the same room as them... to the point I don't even think they notice anymore