Options
15678911»

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Also is there is a zero calorie drink why would you waste your calories and have calories that are just sugar when you could have diet? Seems like a no brainer to me. I never want to or plan to drink regular soda. I think it is a waste of calories.
    Because Mt Dew...
    It baffles me that some of you can drink soda all day (diet or not), consume little to no water, and not feel like total *kitten*... Maybe it's because I live in an arid climate in the Southwest, but I don't get how you don't feel lethargic, dried out, overheated, and irritable living that way, not to mention the stomach ache from so much sugar.

Umm...soda is quite hydrating seeing as how it's something like 99% water.
    Also is there is a zero calorie drink why would you waste your calories and have calories that are just sugar when you could have diet? Seems like a no brainer to me. I never want to or plan to drink regular soda. I think it is a waste of calories.
    Because Mt Dew...
    It baffles me that some of you can drink soda all day (diet or not), consume little to no water, and not feel like total *kitten*... Maybe it's because I live in an arid climate in the Southwest, but I don't get how you don't feel lethargic, dried out, overheated, and irritable living that way, not to mention the stomach ache from so much sugar.

This is the only acceptable answer seeing as Diet Mountain Dew is the actual worst

Part of me wishes they'd actually TRY to make Diet Mountain Dew flavors that aren't terrible. The other part of me realizes that Diet Baja Blast and Diet Code Red would be completely terrible. :(

Diet Code Red came out in 2002 and it was what I drank when I first switched from regular soda to diet soda. For me, at the time, it was the diet soda that tasted the least like diet soda. Haven't had it in years though, so no clue what my taste buds would currently think about it. Heh.

It makes me sad to have missed this. My stoner food used to be mozzarella sticks and Code Red. So many calories that could have been saved. :-o

It's still listed as a product on Mountain Dew's website. Hehe

mountaindew.com/products/diet-mtn-dew-code-red

Unfortunately, the shipping costs on things like soda are stupid. Unless you own a mint, or a drink gets distribution in your area, you're kinda SOL. I might be able to get my girlfriend to get it brought in, as she's management at a Walmart, but it can be a *kitten* to convince them to pull in the kind of stock I would go through. They had Cranberry Sprite Zero for one week. I bought it all within days They haven't restocked it since, but keep brining in plenty of the non-Zero that barely moves at all. :-/
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Because Mt Dew...

Because Mt Dew...

This is the only acceptable answer seeing as Diet Mountain Dew is the actual worst

Part of me wishes they'd actually TRY to make Diet Mountain Dew flavors that aren't terrible. The other part of me realizes that Diet Baja Blast and Diet Code Red would be completely terrible. :(

Diet Code Red exists

Yep, this is my husband's soda of choice. I'm not a fan of it though-too sweet tasting. 3 out of 4 local grocery stores carry it around here.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Every time I go looking for diet dew, I still check for diet code red, even though I know we'll never get it. :(
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm not even sure that they still sell mountain dew here anymore. I tried it once and threw it in the trash after one sip :confounded: I dont know a single soul who actually liked it.

You can still get it, but it's a totally different product to the US one, the Australian one doesn't even have caffeine in it.

Same thing with Sprite. Same bottle, same name, tastes completely different between the 2 countries.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    I'm not even sure that they still sell mountain dew here anymore. I tried it once and threw it in the trash after one sip :confounded: I dont know a single soul who actually liked it.

You can still get it, but it's a totally different product to the US one, the Australian one doesn't even have caffeine in it.

Same thing with Sprite. Same bottle, same name, tastes completely different between the 2 countries.

NOOOOOOOOOO!
  • peter2100
    peter2100 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Pepsi max is like the elixir of the gods.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Canada actually had, until fairly recently, a friggen law that said "it is illegal for clear or non-dark sodas to contain caffeine”. Changed in 2010. Not sure if they added it in Canada or not.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    grmckenzie wrote: »

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Canada actually had, until fairly recently, a friggen law that said "it is illegal for clear or non-dark sodas to contain caffeine”. Changed in 2010. Not sure if they added it in Canada or not.
    mtn dew has tons of caffeine in Canada now. 86 mg per 591ml according to my diettn dew bottle I'm drinking atm so it is more caffeine than dark soda (coke zero is 34 mg per 355 ml)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    mtn dew has tons of caffeine in Canada now

Ahh. I never liked the stuff so I wouldn't notice.

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    mtn dew has tons of caffeine in Canada now

Ahh. I never liked the stuff so I wouldn't notice.

I edited my last post but 86 mg per 591 ml soore than dark pop (according to my diet mtn dew bottle)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options

NOOOOOOOOOO!

mtn dew has tons of caffeine in Canada now. 86 mg per 591ml according to my diettn dew bottle I'm drinking atm so it is more caffeine than dark soda (coke zero is 34 mg per 355 ml)

More caffeine than cola, the way it should be. The way mother nature intended.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

NOOOOOOOOOO!

I think Australia has a similar law, the only caffeinated soft drinks are coke, pepsi, their 0 cal versions and energy drinks.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to ask this for ages...

Most people preach everything in moderation and sugar is fine and not evil etc etc, but then choose diet drinks. Why not drink regular soda "in moderation". Is it because some people cant moderate their soda consumption?

I'm assuming the answer is calories in drinks are a waste of said calories.
    Diet soda is the lesser of two evils due to 0 calories.
    You can drink as much as you want and not have to worry about calories.

It just seems "everything in moderation" and "sugar is fine" is a direct contradiction when they turn around and drink diet drinks.

Because I'd RATHER have a cookie than a full-sugar soda. And after drinking diet soda for 20 years I'm used to the flavor.
  • timeforwork
    timeforwork Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I must have rubbish taste buds as I can't tell the difference between diet Pepsi or diet coke!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Because Mt Dew...

Because Mt Dew...

I really wish companies would make more diet sodas out of their different flavors.

Sprite has a cranberry soda I'd want to try but at this point, regular soda tastes too sweet.

Diet Dew is okay, just inferior to diet 7UP
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When I drank diet (don't any longer since I don't care for aspartame), I drank Diet Coke - caffeine free diet coke was a good one! When I drink regular, I prefer Pepsi over Coke - but regular Dr Pepper over both, lol

I don't normally drink much soda (POP in Ohio :p ) anymore; I prefer water or unsweetened iced tea.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Because Mt Dew...

Because Mt Dew...

I really wish companies would make more diet sodas out of their different flavors.

Sprite has a cranberry soda I'd want to try but at this point, regular soda tastes too sweet.

Sprite Zero Cranberry is a thing. My local Walmart had it for a week, and I bought literally all of it. That was a montha and a half ago, and they never restocked it. :(
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Because Mt Dew...

Because Mt Dew...

Sprite Zero Cranberry is a thing. My local Walmart had it for a week, and I bought literally all of it. That was a montha and a half ago, and they never restocked it. :(

I've been looking for this too...but never seen it here (Canada) of course :-(