Eating low...weight stalled? Help? Should I eat more for a day?

Options
I was losing fine then I added in exercise and my weight is stalled for the last week? wtheck? Should I eat more for a day? Is there anyway this might help? I remember doing this before and it helped but maybe it was a fluke.... Anyway. I have been dancing for an hour a day (Zumba) and eating around 1200 calories. The highest Ive eaten is 1500 one out of 6 days. Im 210lbs, 26 years old and 5'4". Please do not ask about a scale for my food because I cant afford one (I literally have $1) but I have dieted multiple times and always successfully before this. So far I have lost 16lbs since October. 10 or so lbs in the last 3 weeks. I always make sure I over estimate rather than under. If Im not sure if something is going to be right and it is a high calorie food I add on to it. For example, if I eat 1 cup I put in 1.3 cups just to be safe etc.

Also extra info but TMI so skip it if that bothers you but I have had tummy and digestive issues too but Im not sure if that could affect me so badly that Id go from losing 2-3lbs per week to nothing. Ive tried pills for that and it did nothing for me. I even ate almost a whole bag of broccoli today lol

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    It is pretty normal to retain water when you first start a new work out program. Some people even gain a few pounds. It should balance out in a few weeks.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    If you've eaten a lb of broccoli and the digestive issues involve lack of bathroom time... where did that lb go?!?! Hint: un-expelled waste is still weight....

However. Seriously. 10lbs in 3 weeks? Your number of posts says you ought to know what you're doing.
    If you were a first time poster I would start talking about sustainable weight loss. Lean mass vs fat. Sustainable deficits. trending weight apps. Losing the same way you will maintain... that kind of stuff.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    No scale? No problem, just eat a little less than you are now.

Um so eat less than 1200 calories per day? Are you nuts? One day even was 1000 calories because of abdominal pain from not using the bathroom... So tell someone who has a history of eating disorders (IE me) to go eat less than healthy. Good job!!! I have done this MANY times as I stated. I know how to measure and log my food.
  • Verity1111
    edited November 2016
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    If you've eaten a lb of broccoli and the digestive issues involve lack of bathroom time... where did that lb go?!?! Hint: un-expelled waste is still weight....

However. Seriously. 10lbs in 3 weeks? Your number of posts says you ought to know what you're doing.
    If you were a first time poster I would start talking about sustainable weight loss. Lean mass vs fat. Sustainable deficits. trending weight apps. Losing the same way you will maintain... that kind of stuff.

Yeah but it seems weird for it to stall and lose literally nothing for a week. This has only happened to be once ever and Ive dieted and successfully lost weight 3 times. This weight is from an injury (the weight Im trying to lost now). Just wondering why its stalled :/
  • Verity1111
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    No scale? No problem, just eat a little less than you are now.

no. Its been under a week ignore this

Yeah Im not dumb enough to eat like 800 calories a day just because Im 210lbs and "eating too much" at 1200. Lol. Even if I was off by 500calories a day I should still lose. Especially with an hr of exercise. Im already undereating because of my stomach pains. I havent eaten back my exercise calories so my net is even under 1200 because my stomach is killing me
  • Verity1111
    Options
    jayeless wrote: »
    My guess would be that adding exercise to your routine has caused your body to retain water (which helps promote muscle recovery, I believe). You're still losing fat, but the water you're accumulating is masking that loss from being seen on the scale. Once your body adjusts to the new level of exercise, you'll probably see a "whoosh" where a nice little chunk of weight seems to all come off at once :smile:
    That might make sense. Thank you!!! I really hope you're right. I drink tons of water while I exercise. like 3-4 16.9oz bottles in that hour and plus one or 2 bottles with each meal I have... I didnt consider that.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    people dont say get a food scale to annoy poor people....Make it a priority asap. And if its been under a week why the worry? Especially when adding exercise its just water fluctuations.

I know. Well Im mainly worried because Im in a contest lol so Im in a rush... But also I am stressed and my exercise and weight loss was making me feel better. When it stalled it was a bummer because Im working even harder than I was and eating the same. I havent changed anything.
  • Verity1111
    edited November 2016
    Options
    hey thanks everyone! I am going to take a day off from exercising and see if it helps.... jayeless made me wonder about the whole water thing. I drink tons and tons of water....maybe thats contributing. Ill try to slow it all down for a day. Maybe even take a day off from 1200 and eat a little higher then go back to my routine.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Just trying to help you. If you are not losing at 1200 calories and are not weighing your food then you are eating more hen you think.

Or the many other explanations. I was eating exactly the same and losing 3lbs per week.
  • Verity1111
    Options

:( yes probably water... I just dont know why. I wish I knew so I could figure it out and fix it. Thats more what I am looking for. Like she said maybe the exercise caused part of it etc. I know a tiny bit can be the digestive issues but I figure I might also be holding water or something. Im sure Im not over eating though. Still aating the same as always.