• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    good morning grateful peeps.

:heart: sleeping in this morning:glasses:
    :heart: my daughter got 100$ on her spelling test yesterday:smile:
    :heart: my son says he did good on his high school finals:smile:
    :heart: my husband does our dinner dishes most every night.:noway:
    :heart: last night, i cooked a wonderful dinner that "soupnatzi" posted in the recipe thread. ~giant stuffed shell noodles:bigsmile:

I need to go and find that recipe. I copied the orange poppyseed cake one. I really want to make it but forgot to buy poppyseeds when I went shopping yesterday.

I found the recipe. Those look yummy! I love stuffed shells but I've never done them with spinach. I can't wait to try them.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

I need to go and find that recipe. I copied the orange poppyseed cake one. I really want to make it but forgot to buy poppyseeds when I went shopping yesterday.

the shell recipe was deep in the thread. :heart: i substituted leftover chicken for the sausage.:smile:

chili is great! :heart: i love cooking it in the crockpot. easy and smells great all day.:smile:

will u please upload a small peice of your cake 4 me? :heart: i love poppyseed stuff!

robin:wink:
  • keiko
    Options

the shell recipe was deep in the thread. :heart: i substituted leftover chicken for the sausage.:smile:

chili is great! :heart: i love cooking it in the crockpot. easy and smells great all day.:smile:

will u please upload a small peice of your cake 4 me? :heart: i love poppyseed stuff!

robin:wink:

As soon as I get poppyseeds!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    Gratitude

Today is a beautiful partly sunny cold day.

1. Comedies on TV on Saturdays. All day!
    2. Automatic "Energy-saver" washer and dryer.
    3.The color of the water in the Caribbean, it is indescribably beautiful. :glasses:
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    I am grateful for my children, My family, my brothers and sisters in the Lord, and my MFP friends.:flowerforyou:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    I'm grateful because I have a wonderful hunband
    I'm grateful I could get out of bed and get my morning walk in
    I'm grateful for my walking partner
    I'm grateful for my friends on MFP
    I'm grateful for my friends at home and family
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for my hubby and children, that we are healthy and satisfied.
    I am grateful for our new, more spacious home.
    I am grateful for community, which helps me know how blessed I am, and is there to help when I need it.
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    I am grateful for:
    1. MY KITTY
    2. MY MOM
    3. MY JOB
    4.MY LIFE
    5. MY KITTY
    I :heart: my kitty
  • oregonlady
    Options
    happy sunday everyone!:heart::heart:

:heart: my hubby and i are going on a mini vacation tonight.:smile:
    :heart: pretty snow flurrys outside my window
    :heart: i ran a 5k w/ my daughter last september.
  • keiko
    Options
    Robin, I hope you and hubby have a wonderful time! As much as we love our kids it's nice to get away and have some couple time!

Today I'm grateful for
    Homemade salsa, I just put some with lettuce for a nice salad.

My husband because he is not a picky eater

Free phone minutes so I can call my mom and anyone else I want!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    It was a beautiful snowy day today and I took a wonderful three hour walk.

I am grateful today for:

1. The way a snowflake finds its way to earth. Fighting gravity, it slides, glides, swirls in endless circles, floats up on invisible cushions of air. Tiny, temporary, beautiful, magical things.
    2. Living close enough to walk to wide open spaces, and still close enough to walk to all the necessary places of modern life.
    3. The things I cannot see. I remembered a Bible verse today on my walk (I'm not much of a church-person) "Be still, and know that I am God."

You are all a good influence on me. Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for my family (even my frustrating 15 year-old). :grumble:
    I am grateful for my loving old dog who snuggles with me and makes me feel happy when I am grumpy. :smile:
    I am grateful for the mountains and beautiful hiking trails where I live. :happy:
    I am grateful for the sore calves I have today from hiking one of those beautiful trails yesterday. :laugh:
    I am grateful that my brother and I get along well and don't have spats.

Everyone have a lovely evening!
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    hi all...CMRiverside told me about your thread and i think this is a great way to keep a positive outlook on things!!!....thank you CMR (aka January Girl) for reminding me that there are things in this world to be grateful for even though i am not so grateful for my current struggles with weight...todayi am grateful for you! :flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    Options
    Hi FletcherChic! You are our starter today! Robin is on a mini vacation and while I thought about bringing this up earlier I didn't so thanks to you for getting us going!

Today I am grateful that
    My husband is not a picky eater. We just had tortellini (spinach and ricotta) with a pumpkin red pepper sauce. And a salad. So Yummy!

The VA health system. DH gets most of his medical care through there.

People that care. DH received a box of cigars in the mail today and we have no idea who the person is that sent them. They came with a nice note thanking him for his service. It brought DH some happiness while we are walking through a dark time.
  • keiko
    Options
    It was a beautiful snowy day today and I took a wonderful three hour walk.

I am grateful today for:

1. The way a snowflake finds its way to earth. Fighting gravity, it slides, glides, swirls in endless circles, floats up on invisible cushions of air. Tiny, temporary, beautiful, magical things.
    2. Living close enough to walk to wide open spaces, and still close enough to walk to all the necessary places of modern life.
    3. The things I cannot see. I remembered a Bible verse today on my walk (I'm not much of a church-person) "Be still, and know that I am God."

You are all a good influence on me. Thank you. :flowerforyou:

Are you a writer? Your snowflake description is beautiful. I love to watch it snow, it is so peaceful and calming. Truely a be still moment. His creation is awesome!
  • oregonlady
    Options
    i am glad others are enjoying this thread!
    paying attention to my personal happy makers is sure doing wonders for me.

:heart: sunrise jog/walk on the coast "alone" w/ hubby this morning. ocean sounds. birds sounds. nature smells. i even found a whole sand dollar!
    :heart: the hot tubs!!
    :heart: alone time w/ the love of my life.
    :heart: the wonderful feeling i feel when i look at my husband when he is looking at me!
  • keiko
    Options
    Robin, it sounds like you had a wonderful time! I am so happy for you! I've been married 15 years and I'm still totally in love with my husband. It's nice to hear that other people are too because to many times we only hear the bad. Thanks for encouraging me!
    Kelly
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    I am grateful that my parents and for God answering my prayer this morning.:bigsmile:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    i agree w/ everthing u said kelly.:wink: loves like u and i have in our lives are too rare.:smooched:
    i pray our examples will help others see what thay can/should have. :blushing:
    ~especially my children.:happy: :smile:

:heart: before dinner last night, my hubby was looking at me and asked for the camera (which is almost always in my purse). he took a pic of me.
    i put it in my profile ~as main picture, just now.
    when he looks at me through his loving eyes, i feel so much more beautiful then the lady i see in the mirror, or in this case, the picture! (though that person has looked a lot more used and abused too!)
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    I was grateful for waking up this morning to a beautiful day
    I'm grateful for the love of my life he treats me like a lady
    I'm really grateful that God brought him in my life
    He is my soul mate :happy: