Day 1 of Keto/LCHF diet...

Anyone else doing this lifestyle? If so, I would love to connect.

Replies

• jackandnola
    jackandnola Posts: 3 Member
    I've actually been reading about this just this week.......is it similar to the Paleo way of eating?
  • drummy77
    drummy77 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm doing Keto! 1 month in and down 10 lbs. I feel so much better following the Keto lifestyle.
  • jackandnola
    Do you have any reference material or links to websites that I could read up on please, I'm keen to give it a go, just don't know where to start.
  • drummy77
    drummy77 Posts: 2 Member
    There are tons of websites for Keto. I suggest starting with dietdoctor.com - It's perfect for getting started!!
  • jackandnola
    Thanks!
  • cathlynamay
    cathlynamay Posts: 1 Member
    I am!! It is definitely hard to stay on track once you let the carbs in. But once you're in ketosis, you feel it!! It's like you are running off your own fuel source. Self-sufficiency at its finest. Sometimes, it does feel like you can't turn off all the energy you have and for me, it causes anxiety. I think that's why I turn back to carbs, basically to "shut the noise off." Sorry for sounding crazy, but you'll see. I like to watch people on you tube and see what they are doing. I really like Stephanie "keto" Person, Remington James, Goody Beats and Catie and the Bo Peeps. I'm with you though. Even if you mess up for a day or two or weeks just keep trying again. And get your keto sticks to check for ketones. If helps to physically see that it is working.
  • robthephotog
    robthephotog Posts: 81 Member
    I did keto for a while. I found getting the fats and proteins you need while keeping salt down was difficult. It's a fun shift, but ultimately it's still a calorie based loss.

I lost about the same as just counting. But felt very tir3d for about 3 weeks
  • sarahshealthy
    sarahshealthy Posts: 42 Member
    edited November 2016
    Me!! I found out about keto in July of this year and lost 22 pounds after about losing 42ish. I did ultimately go back to carbs and sugar but started again with this way of eating on Monday. However the weight stayed off and my energy levels are returning just after a few days. Feel free to add me, I have about 30 more pounds to go
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    I am!! It is definitely hard to stay on track once you let the carbs in. But once you're in ketosis, you feel it!! It's like you are running off your own fuel source. Self-sufficiency at its finest. Sometimes, it does feel like you can't turn off all the energy you have and for me, it causes anxiety. I think that's why I turn back to carbs, basically to "shut the noise off." Sorry for sounding crazy, but you'll see. I like to watch people on you tube and see what they are doing. I really like Stephanie "keto" Person, Remington James, Goody Beats and Catie and the Bo Peeps. I'm with you though. Even if you mess up for a day or two or weeks just keep trying again. And get your keto sticks to check for ketones. If helps to physically see that it is working.

Stephanie is bonkers. She wears me out watching her youtube videos!
    I did keto for a while. I found getting the fats and proteins you need while keeping salt down was difficult. It's a fun shift, but ultimately it's still a calorie based loss.

I lost about the same as just counting. But felt very tir3d for about 3 weeks

Is there a reason you're limiting your salt on Keto? I have a feeling you would have felt much better with more sodium.

Definitely no expert, but please join us on the LCD group mentioned before.
  • babyhunt09
    babyhunt09 Posts: 4 Member
    I Started Monday, not battling the Keto flu as much this time around. Upping my salt intake definitely helped this round from the first time I tried Keto.
  • Eternitii
    Eternitii Posts: 18 Member
    Started this past Monday and am already seeing results! I definitely feel like this sustainable because there are so many options it's almost like you're barely limiting yourself add me and we win and lose at the same time
  • Clemsongirl33
    Clemsongirl33 Posts: 9 Member
    edited December 2016
    So happy to see your positive responses. I started 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and did well. Lost 12 pounds. I did do-so on Thanksgiving. Crashed and burned the last 7 days. Once you get a good dose of carbs and sugar, it's downhill from there.
    So I'm back at it starting today!! I recommend the group "Keto for Badass Babes" on Facebook. Very supportive and inspiring group.
  • fiyahwerks
    fiyahwerks Posts: 7 Member
    I'm on Day 3. I struggled the first 2 days (carbs around 50g). I'm still struggling, but I have a strong start today. So i'm staying motivated to stay under 20g today. I am also part of the FB Keto for Badass Babes group as well.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Just started today
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    4 years in & 30#'s down since initially starting ;)
    Back to tracking to try to lose a vanity 10

I second recommendation to join the LC group!!
  • mfmetsker
    mfmetsker Posts: 26 Member
    Day 3 keto here too. Can I join your FB group? Would love support as friends think I'm eating "too much fat" and don't understand. But I'm already feeling so good and no "keto flu" woo hoo! I have done this before but always fallen off the wagon and never really stuck with it beyond 2-3 weeks without a huge pizza binge. This Tim I have my tools to succeed!
  • TeachingT
    TeachingT Posts: 814 Member
    I just hit ketosis this week and feel amazing!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    I've been eating keto for about 27 weeks, if you would like a friend who comments, messages and is active. :)