Annoyances at the gym!

Options

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options

-people who stand in the front in a dance fitness class when they can't keep up/have no idea what they are doing
    -people with no musicality, timing or ability to count who try to take dance fitness classes
    -people moving the wrong way in a group class...especially if they are doing this in my blind spot

This is why I don't take the classes or go to the gym. I've tried, but the attitude I get from the more experienced people makes me feel inadequate and unwelcome. Oh, an instructor might be encouraging, but then I get grief from the other people in a class--because apparently I need to have personally trained with Bob Fosse to be in a beginner class (which is probably not your situation).

That and the people who have given me attitude or made audible comments because I'm not fit and thin already. I don't need that. I'll stick to walking outdoors and trying to do stuff at home.

Unfortunately narcissistic sociopaths're everywhere!
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Men who cant read. What does "women only" workout area mean to you exactly? Because where I come from it means women only. That...and women that are just dying to show off their STUFF in the locker room
  • Pinkytiffy
    Pinkytiffy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's a long freaking list.

-supersetters
    -people who wait ON the machines
    -people who use weight machines like chairs and sit on them while texting, looking at Facebook, etc.
    -people who move too slowly...get the heck out of the way!
    -people who do not wipe off the weight machines, *especially* during cold/flu season
    -people who work out while actively sick/contageous
    -people who stand in the front in a dance fitness class when they can't keep up/have no idea what they are doing
    -people with no musicality, timing or ability to count who try to take dance fitness classes
    -people moving the wrong way in a group class...especially if they are doing this in my blind spot
    -people who pretend to work out--move your kitten or go home
    -pool staff who don't understand lap swimming
    -people who PLAY in the lap lanes during lap swim time
    -people who cut across lap lanes in the middle of the pool (so dangerous!)
    -slow swimmers who think that they are fast
    -people who play their music without headphones
    -changing room slobs

Basically, people are the issue. :smiley:

Yea...when people are sick and contagious they shouldn't be at the gym like that. They are the main ones who won't clean the machines. Gross.
  • crizz69
    crizz69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    People who don't put the weights back. Lack of common courtesy pisses me off. I know we are go go go society, but sheesh have respect and be considerate of those around you.
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I really don't like when someone reracks weights on the bench press while I'm in the middle of a set.

How does that happen?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    wanzik wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I really don't like when someone reracks weights on the bench press while I'm in the middle of a set.

How does that happen?

I think she's referring to a rack attached to the bench, not people racking the weights she's lifting.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Yea ... I've had men (only) try to take the racked weights off the leg press when I'm mid-rep. I have to stop and let them know "I'm going to need those." Why do they assume I won't? They could at least ask! I may be a tiny woman, but I am a freakish beast on the leg press. :lol:
  • Rawr619
    Rawr619 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Having men stare at me when I am doing pull ups and chin ups. What's even worse is when one of them comes over to tell me that those are too hard and women shouldn't be able to do them. I was overweight before and have worked hard to be able to do those exercises. It makes me feel very self conscious.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    When either one of the two Elieko bars are in use and I have to settle for a Texas bar. It's a really bad day if I'm all the way down on an Ivanko bar.

When one of the coaches heats up something that smells amazing when I'm already hungry toward the end of a training session and makes me hungrier.
  • berealx
    berealx Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's a long freaking list.

-supersetters
    -people who wait ON the machines
    -people who use weight machines like chairs and sit on them while texting, looking at Facebook, etc.
    -people who move too slowly...get the heck out of the way!
    -people who do not wipe off the weight machines, *especially* during cold/flu season
    -people who work out while actively sick/contageous
    -people who pretend to work out--move your kitten or go home
    -pool staff who don't understand lap swimming
    -people who PLAY in the lap lanes during lap swim time
    -people who cut across lap lanes in the middle of the pool (so dangerous!)
    -slow swimmers who think that they are fast
    -people who play their music without headphones
    -changing room slobs

Basically, people are the issue. :smiley:

What's wrong with people who do super sets? Am I really an annoyance in the gym without knowing
  • Pinkytiffy
    Pinkytiffy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Rawr619 wrote: »
    Having men stare at me when I am doing pull ups and chin ups. What's even worse is when one of them comes over to tell me that those are too hard and women shouldn't be able to do them. I was overweight before and have worked hard to be able to do those exercises. It makes me feel very self conscious.

Happened to me too a few times of guys staring when I'm on those machines like they're the only ones who can do the pull ups and chin ups. Jerks!!
  • spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    WOW to many to name
    1. People that want to talk about work
    2. People that don't clean their weights
    3. Dam sweaty people that don't wipe up after their nasty *kitten*
    4. People that do circuit training all over the gym, "stick to one area"
    5. Gym that has the a/c on 50 F-ing degrees
    6. the one guy that always has a little weight on the press/machine and has to yell out loud so everyone can see what their doing
    7. that nasty MF'r that cant wipe his *kitten*, dude you smell, take a shower, irish spring yourself, then go by Bath and Body and buy you some stray!
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    spiveaa wrote: »
    WOW to many to name

5. Gym that has the a/c on 50 F-ing degrees

So mine :/ it's currently 40 degrees in Georgia, and the airs still on. I know people are gonna sweat and get hot but dang it, I'm cold natured lol!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Bookmarking this for the next time someone says "no one is paying attention to you" to a newbie worried about being judged at the gym.

What bothers me are people. I workout at home and I still get bothered by people.

I go to a "no judgment zone" gym. I don't like needless stress and high pressure and love the low key atmosphere. ETA: no lunks allowed
This discussion has been closed.