Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Chalk. So much chalk.

And people judging me for supersetting.
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    For everyone complaining about others that rest on the machines WTH!!

I've developed an appreciation for lifting weights for several months now and the stronger i get the heavier i lift the heavier i lift the more REST time i need in between sets. And yes while I am resting I will look at my phone, look around the gym and in general REST and take my time! Now if you need to use a piece of equipment ask to work in. I will gladly allow someone to work in with me. And as with others I will either ask to work in or do something else until i need a piece of equipment. Simple as that and definitely nothing to be annoyed about. Geeesh!

I agree with you, but I'm usually at the gym during slow hours and lots of equipment is available. A lot of times I use other equipment that's open between my main sets but "hog" just one piece of equipment. If it's busy and I notice someone looking, I'll invite them to work in or let them know how many sets I have left. I think that's fair. I know the usuals and that helps... I can guess if I'm on something they want and I let them know. Being polite and considerate usually works for me.
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Another one I don't get is being annoyed with loud treadmill running. No one can run on the treadmill quietly, and everyone has a different running style.

That's not true. I've seen guys who run on them and sound like a herd of elephants with the "thump, thump, thump" that shakes water bottles all across the room and I've seen other guys, similar size, who run so light that you barely hear their feet hit the ground. That's on treadmills and the indoor running track. I don't know how they do it but they do. I know which ones will be getting the hip and knee replacements in their 50s though....
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    i have been on the treadmill when the staff decides to start using the hoover and clean round my treadmill. so off putting when i am trying hard not fall off

Oh, yes, staff vacuuming near me, or mopping with WAY too much bleach or other stinky cleaning chemicals. Yuck.
  • brandongladney92
    brandongladney92 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    snubbyfan wrote: »
    People that sit at the weight machines/benches and talk.
    Yeah, I understand resting between sets. It's the ones that just sit and jibba jabba, gives me a Mr. T flashback.
    Mr-T1_zpsbc914754.png

Yeah I hate that *kitten* too!
  • brandongladney92
    Options
    It's a long freaking list.

-supersetters
    -people who wait ON the machines
    -people who use weight machines like chairs and sit on them while texting, looking at Facebook, etc.
    -people who move too slowly...get the heck out of the way!
    -people who do not wipe off the weight machines, *especially* during cold/flu season
    -people who work out while actively sick/contageous
    -people who stand in the front in a dance fitness class when they can't keep up/have no idea what they are doing
    -people with no musicality, timing or ability to count who try to take dance fitness classes
    -people moving the wrong way in a group class...especially if they are doing this in my blind spot
    -people who pretend to work out--move your kitten or go home
    -pool staff who don't understand lap swimming
    -people who PLAY in the lap lanes during lap swim time
    -people who cut across lap lanes in the middle of the pool (so dangerous!)
    -slow swimmers who think that they are fast
    -people who play their music without headphones
    -changing room slobs

Basically, people are the issue. :smiley:

Lol. Basically people!!
  • brandongladney92
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    When they dont put "lock broken" on the bathroom door (single bathroom in middle of the weights) And some girl opens door and loudly says OH MY GOD SORRY... exposing me to all the hot weight lifting guys who look over at the sound...as I pee.

Swear i never wanted to die more knowing i had to leave that room XD

Ouch! That is horrible Jaydedmiss! I would have switched gyms! Lol
  • brandongladney92
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I have a pretty annoying problem where dudes will just set their stuff down on a bench and then walk away somewhere else for god knows how long. The second i use the bench they come over and say "i'm using that".

I straight up told one of the guys last time, "no, you weren't. you weren't even over here" while handing their stuff back to them.

This happens almost on a weekly basis and it's always the same few rude jerks.

Yeah this one guy did that at my gym and was gone for like 10 minutes! I was like wtf??!!!
  • brandongladney92
    Options
    People who are obviously trying to impress you...

There was a guy at my gym who would throw the weights down and scream "PERSONAL BEST!!!" after a set. And then write it down in a little notebook.

Dude, nobody cares.

Wow that's lame!!? Hahaha
  • brandongladney92
    Options
    question to those who are scared of germs at the gym. i hope you are not wiping your own face with the same towel you have been wiping sweat off the equipment. gross.

I go get a paper towel and put hand sanitizer on it to wipe down benches...
  • brandongladney92
    Options
    A few of mine are guys curling in the squat rack with ten lb plates on each side!! Pisses me off! Lol. And when someone ask you how many sets you have left you say 3 or so and they sit there and wait til you are done!!! Ughhh. You can't find a machine to use until I'm done???
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I have no complaints at my gym thankfully. Although people might get annoyed at me when I laugh while watching my Netflix when I'm on the elliptical. For the most part there's not too many people there when I go.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    People who work out lifting weights in groups of three or more because in my experience they tend to chat and socialize more and can take a rack or machine out of circulation for a more than an hour, sometimes two. :angry:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    People talking loudly on their phones. It's annoying.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ...when the gym puts the music so loud that I can still hear it on top of my music...

Ugh! This. I find that the volume at my gym is just right between midnight and 5 am. They turn it way down so late night/early morning is my zen fitness time.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I really don't like when someone reracks weights on the bench press while I'm in the middle of a set.
This discussion has been closed.