Options

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    bahahaha. I thought for sure I could do this. I CANNOT get my 40 inch *kitten* up off the floor without touching the ground. Don't care. I can deadlift almost 300lbs

Wow you are amazing. I am so dang jealous of that number. You don't even want to know my sad excuse of deadlift right now. :(

Whatever. You got the body. We are training with different goals :) Still, even if I lifted on a program like you, I would NEVER look like that.

And I'm jealous of how much you can eat. I still don't understand it.

She eats for two though... ;)

and she helps me train for professional food eat comps.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    bahahaha. I thought for sure I could do this. I CANNOT get my 40 inch *kitten* up off the floor without touching the ground. Don't care. I can deadlift almost 300lbs

Wow you are amazing. I am so dang jealous of that number. You don't even want to know my sad excuse of deadlift right now. :(

Whatever. You got the body. We are training with different goals :) Still, even if I lifted on a program like you, I would NEVER look like that.

Again for two?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Again for two?

OMG no no... I'm nursing. Not yet.. I am still dealing with these two!! :p

@Chieflrg quit spreading rumours :D
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Down and up no problem, but I skate a lot and have quads for days.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

Again for two?

OMG no no... I'm nursing. Not yet.. I am still dealing with these two!! :p

@Chieflrg quit spreading rumours :D

I figured that's what he meant. Still even when she is not nursing her TDEE is so much higher than mine at the same height and much less poundage than me.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I can do it with no help but I'm pretty young so.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,153 Member
    Options
    bcalvanese wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    rileyes wrote: »
    I think it's getting center of gravity over your feet. I just coached my bf to do it. He can out run, jump higher and squat lower than me but had trouble with this sit/stand test. It's easy for me. I wonder if it comes down to how you train.
    lololol I did it easily but maybe because I do yoga.

I think it has to do with being female's center of balance. Like the trick with pulling a chair out while being bent over with your head against a wall. Flexibility as well as certain styles of yoga would seem to help.

IMO if you can do an A2G squat, you can likely do this test. Don't take my advice though, because I'm dead.

My knee prevents me from doing that without causing further damage as well.

Does that mean people are 5 times more likely to die from a knee injury?

OMG...:)

Who knew knee injuries were so dangerous. ;)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I got down ok, I got up using one knee, so I guess I'm 8 or 9. 2 1/2 years ago I was 0-3. It was almost impossible for me to get up with out someone pulling me HARD. This test would fall in the realm of correlation, not causality. Big difference, but a valid point.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hahaha. I posted earlier I could do it ( with restrictions). That was mid afternoon after yoga.
    This evening, after sharing a couple of bottles of wine- I fell over giggling (we all did). Oh well.
    A good geriatric drinking game?

Cheers, h.
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I can go down and get back up with no help easily, I guess all the kettlebells and running I do helps!
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    I can sit, but can't stand without a hand to push myself forward

Same here. Sitting was no problem at all, but no way I was getting back up without using a hand.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,804 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Can't do it. My legs are pathetically weak! I guess 40-lb goblet squat ability isn't good enough.
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    If you have a pull down pulley (lat machine), use that and try them assisted
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I have foot and ankle issues which makes this pretty difficult...and painful...I guess being able to ride for days doesn't count for anything though.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I didn't use my hands or knees on the way back up but I did have to use momentum and a ton of hopping about just to keep only using my feet and nothing else to get back up :tongue:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Can't do it. Better get my will up to date.
  • IAmSagittarian82
    IAmSagittarian82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think this can be viewed as a challenge, if one wants to take it that way. But life expectancy? I'll see if I can entice my BF into doing this. :D I'm naturally clumsy and also off-balance due to sinus. I am not going to take it too hard if I get a 1.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I can do it (down and back up) with no problem as long as I'm not holding something. If I have something in my hands it throws off my balance. Maybe I should start practicing holding something in alternate hands simply to improve my balance.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I really wanna try this but I'm at work and worried it will result in a safety report being filed (when I crash through my cubicle wall).