greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

Dec 1 - 2 mile run, 25 min strength, some other walking
    Dec 2 - 3 mile walk, 3.5 mi run
    Dec 3 - 5 mile run, 1.5 mile walk
    Dec 4 - 1.5 mi run, 15 min pilates/strength
    Dec 5 - 20 min light cardio inside, 1 mi run

Goal: 13/60 running miles only

30F felt like 26F with a little fog. I woke up hot, got way hotter trying to warm up/loosen up inside, then was sweltering running run streak day 12 one miler :-o I'm still hot. It's ridiculous.

It's a tenth mile from my driveway to end of the street and our street is half mile long. Instead of running the whole street I ran back and forth 5 times on the tenth mile stretch. I felt like it passed the ten minutes faster since I didn't even want to be out there. I felt my foot slip once on a tiny bit of ice when I turned around in our driveway. No idea where that came from but we were under a freezing fog advisory.

I have a banquet tonight so that's all the exercise for me today.

@7lenny7 love the pics and the shoes!
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I guess recovery tights work better than I thought; my legs felt a little stiff at first this morning, yet felt fine after warming up a little. Back to wearing another pair today, and definitely looking forward to a walking rest day tomorrow!

02 - 11.77 miles
    03 - 5.39
    04 - 5.33
    05 - 11.30

Total: 33.79 / 125
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    12/1- 7.04
    12/2- 4.01
    12/3- 10.01
    12/4- REST
    12/5- 5.32

Total: 26.38

Nominal mileage goal: 100 miles
    Real goal, get into the swing of Marathon training, and get used to doing 3 days a week of some strength/core while running 35+ MPW

Today's notes: Another Treadmill day. Today's assignment was 2 mile warm up at 10:30 pace, then 4x800 at 9:06, followed by 1 mile cool down at 10:30. According to my Garmin, actual splits looked like:

Warm up: 2 miles @ 10:23 average
    first 800: 9:02 pace
    2nd 800: 9:13 pace
    3rd 800: 9:03 pace
    4th 800: 8:56 pace
    Mile cool down: 10:20 pace

All in all, a pretty successful run, considering that treadmill and Garmin did not match, and converting MPH to Min/Mile to figure out settings isn't going to be exact.

After the run cam the core work:
    40 second plank
    15 V-ups
    20 russian twists
    30 crunches.

This was a relatively mild core routine, but I have to say, doing hanging V-ups is a real killer.
  • MEMD1974
    MEMD1974 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yay! 60 mile goal for December.

exercise.png
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @Virkati Good luck with the interview!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @virkati - good luck! Show them why they need YOU!

@orphia - awesome HM! I'm envious of that time! My goal for Feb will be < 2:15.

@_nikkiwolf_ - I'm with you on the medals. When I get a medal I always wear to the work the next day. I teach high school (17-18 year olds) and they always ask what it is for. Actually got the idea from @skippygirlsmom - when she wore hers to work!

@7lenny7 - love the pictures. As a dog lover, I especially loved the Kody picture! But the shoe pic was awesome also.

So this morning I was getting ready for my run and all was good and then I slipped in the kitchen! Grrr. It was scary. I didn't hit the ground because I caught my arm on the counter. But it was a very awkward position and scared me to death. There was something slippery on the floor and my right leg went sprawling under/backwards behind my left leg. I had planned to do intervals and then after a couple of them decided, nope, better just take it easy.

12/1 - 3.2 miles
    12/2 - 1.5 miles
    12/3 - 45 miles biking + 1 mile run
    12/4 - 27 miles biking + 1 mile run
    12/5 - 4 miles

Upcoming races
    2/5/17 - Daytona Beach HM
    2/26/17 - Disney Princess HM Orlando

exercise.png

• alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    @Virkati -Good luck!!
    @ everyone else - Please be careful out there. I get worried when I hear my friends are getting injured.
    @ those in North Texas - Remember that we have the worst drivers in the country. It's going to be a cold, wet week.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    12/1 - 5.35 miles on treadmill (Trek class)
    12/2 - 5 miles. Pleasant for December, about 35°
    12/3 - Bodypump class, then 2.25 miles on treadmill
    12/4 - Planned rest day.
    12/5 - 5.11 miles avoiding slippery spots.

exercise.png
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @7lenny7 -I love those pictures! Kody must be quite the running partner to cover that distance. I am lucky to get my dog to stay focused for a mile!
    @virkati- Good luck on your interview
    @_nikkiwolf_ - Your race sounds like quite a blast. I can't imagine running in that volcano! I agree that no medal is disappointing, but you did get some nice swag!
    @Orphia- Congrats on the HM PR. Racing in the heat is no joke. It must be funny for you to hear all of us northern hemisphere folks complain about the weather when your weather is (quite literally) the polar opposite!
    @OSUbuckeye906 -Congrats on the Buckeyes making it into the playoffs. I'll admit that I was a little disappointed yesterday to see PSU left out, but the more I think about it, I am excited to see them play in the Rose Bowl. Especially because beating Alabama would be a pretty tall order.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @karllundy love the new profile pic!

Idk when I'll get out for a walk again. The weekends are spent with training dh, and my violin is at the post office ready to pick up. I can't imagine I'll part with it today. :smiley: maybe when my finger get sore...
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    12/1: Step class/rest from running
    12/2: 5.5 miles
    12/3: 10 miles
    12/4: 3.25 miles

Total: 18.75 / 75 miles completed
    Winter Warrior Challenge: 26 / 250 miles completed

Just a quick check in to log my miles from the weekend. 10 miler went well. Was a little fatigued yesterday. I had planned to run in the morning, but it was raining, so I waited until about 4pm. We had spent the day moving stuff from our old house (one truck load of boxes from the house, plus one trailer load of firewood), so my legs just weren't having any of the running. I had planned on doing 6 miles, but turned back early and called it good at 3.25. It was a good running week for me, nonetheless.

On a positive note: We have now cleared out the whole house, aside from the attic. Still have more firewood to move, plus the greenhouse and garden fencing. Just a few more trips and we'll be done. Then we can get the drywall/paint/flooring done and get the house put on the market. Definitely ready to have it all behind us!
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    7.5 of 50 so far and felling good other than the fact it is cold. Picked up some under armor cold gear pants because they were on sale so now I don't have an excuse in the mornings (thanks for the input everyone).

@alipsie19 A buddy of mine and I will be doing the Spartan Beast in Dallas as well. Let me know which time slot you are in, I'll cheer you on.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    alipsie19 wrote: »
    @OSUbuckeye906
    I'm a Wolverine fan, but, please beat Bama this year! :smile:
    Oh boy. I'd love nothing more than to crush the Crimson Tide...gotta focus on Clemson first though ;)

You all are so funny...this Alabama girl says no, sorry just no.
  • karllundy
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ - I think I'd eat almost anything filled with Nutella. How'd they turn out?
    @BeeerRunner - In Iowa, I've been running in medium weight tights, shorts (no one wants to see just tights), a long sleeve tech tee and a breathable hoodie. Plus I start with a hat and gloves, that sometimes get removed. Good down to about 25° F, then I have to add or switch.
    @Ohhim - Chase the Dreidel? Nice! Where was that?
    @7lenny7 - Your own personal Donut Run sounds amazing! Not sure about beer with donuts, though. I love both and, in many ways, are why I run...but not together. Are the Cloudventures "neutral"? I am very intrigued.
  • karllundy
    Options
    @greenolivetree - You still haven't shared your team. :wink:
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Just requested the Racing Weight Quick Start Guide from the library. Hope it arrives before the end of the month, would be nice to start that 4 week program with the new year.