Saxenda does not work

I've searched and searched, but I seem to be the only one which Saxenda did not work. No side effects, no loss of hunger, no weight loss. I'm very frustrated.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    edited December 2016
    Did you start on the lowest dose and work your way up to the highest dose over the course of five to six weeks?

Did you contact Saxenda to find out why you are an anomaly? What did your prescribing doctor say / suggest?

How much weight do you have to lose?
  • manchester4
    manchester4 Posts: 14 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi, I'm contacting them tomorrow. I've read over 400 posts, and they all have had side affects, hunger reduction, and weight loss. It may as well be saline to my body. Yes I started at the lowest dose. It's so frustrating.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    How long have you been taking it?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    There is not a single drug that works for everyone.
  • manchester4
    manchester4 Posts: 14 Member
    edited December 2016
    But what you are doing, is it working?
    Nope! It all changed after my back to back gallbladder and neck surgeries. That amount of downtime caused 40 lbs weight gain. I've been very strict. Saxenda only came into my life because I'm officially obese now. I used to be a personal trainer and Pilates instructor. I'm back to to my normal level of training and nutrition and I've not budged since April of 2016.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is a 1200 cal a day diet, heavy HIIT cardio six times a week, heavy weight training six hours a week. So training like a competitive fitness and figure athlete, no I've not tried that but I shouldn't have to. Those people train like that for 9 percent fat body levels and professional competitions.