Please help? (Non weight related relationship post but making me wanna eat!)

Options

Replies

• klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    You should also block his number, stop getting text messages from him. My daughter had to do that two years ago. My advice is to cut off any and all contact.
  • tanny684
    tanny684 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    klkarlen wrote: »
    You should also block his number, stop getting text messages from him. My daughter had to do that two years ago. My advice is to cut off any and all contact.

Thanks. I have tried, but it's so hard. He gets depressed and has been suicidal in the past and I'm scared that he might do something stupid.
  • Hungry_Angler
    Hungry_Angler Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The way I was fashioned and molded by how life has dealt its hand to me, it prohibits my mind from comprehending how people can allow themselves to be played like a puppet.

I don't understand.

PS: Yes I get it that he is an idiot jerk. Or a jerk idiot.
  • tanny684
    Options
    Tanny, I read your profile say someone does not want to be seen with you in public. That is unfortunate and terrible. Can you see how you have let this man belittle you as a human being? You need to cut the obsession with him.

I think you should step on whatsapp and let him know that you have hooked up with a hot black dude, and speak at length about the big bad chocolate cannoli.... because that is something the doctor can never have nor taste. A dose of his own medicine ;)

Haha your posts make me laugh :)

• klkarlen
    Options
    tanny684 wrote: »

Thanks. I have tried, but it's so hard. He gets depressed and has been suicidal in the past and I'm scared that he might do something stupid.

That is kind of you to be concerned, but by the sounds of it, he is using that as a control tool. I've seen it done. Don't fall for it. And if he seriously is depressed and/or suicidal, he should get help. This is not your responsibility. That might sound harsh, but it's the truth.
  • tanny684
    Options
    The way I was fashioned and molded by how life has dealt its hand to me, it prohibits my mind from comprehending how people can allow themselves to be played like a puppet.

I don't understand.

PS: Yes I get it that he is an idiot jerk. Or a jerk idiot.

Yeah, I know you are right as when I have felt better about myself I have felt less drawn to him.
  • tanny684
    Options

That is kind of you to be concerned, but by the sounds of it, he is using that as a control tool. I've seen it done. Don't fall for it. And if he seriously is depressed and/or suicidal, he should get help. This is not your responsibility. That might sound harsh, but it's the truth.

To be completely honest, I never block him entirely as I am half waiting for the day he realises he loves me. Or I feel that if he knows he still has me then he will be less likely to get with other women. Stupid I know. And then i do worry for his mental health. He has huge eyes, and when he's sad he looks so innocent and lost and it just breaks my heart. The thought of him feeling sad if I blocked him entirely hurts me more than it would hurt him I think. But I do know that cutting contact is really the only way forward.
    Why does love suck so much sometimes ;-(
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options

To be completely honest, I never block him entirely as I am half waiting for the day he realises he loves me. Or I feel that if he knows he still has me then he will be less likely to get with other women. Stupid I know. And then i do worry for his mental health. He has huge eyes, and when he's sad he looks so innocent and lost and it just breaks my heart. The thought of him feeling sad if I blocked him entirely hurts me more than it would hurt him I think. But I do know that cutting contact is really the only way forward.

That's not love. You're codependent and manipulated into feeling guilt, but you're not in love. And he will never realize he loves you, because the most valuable thing you are to him is a dog he can kick.

This is not a person who builds you up or encourages you to be a better version of yourself. This is not someone who sees the beauty in you as you are. This is someone who guilt-trips you to control you. He will not feel sad if you block him; he will be angry he no longer has a toy to play with. He will not miss you if you're out of his life; he will feel frustrated that there's not someone to belittle to make himself feel powerful. The longer you're with him and the more control you give him, the worse he will treat you, and the more of your own life you'll miss out on.
  • jimbogutz
    jimbogutz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't put up with this kind of treatment
    This guy sounds like Garbage.
  • tanny684
    Options

That's not love. You're codependent and manipulated into feeling guilt, but you're not in love. And he will never realize he loves you, because the most valuable thing you are to him is a dog he can kick.

This is not a person who builds you up or encourages you to be a better version of yourself. This is not someone who sees the beauty in you as you are. This is someone who guilt-trips you to control you. He will not feel sad if you block him; he will be angry he no longer has a toy to play with. He will not miss you if you're out of his life; he will feel frustrated that there's not someone to belittle to make himself feel powerful. The longer you're with him and the more control you give him, the worse he will treat you, and the more of your own life you'll miss out on.

Thankyou, that made sense.

This forum has helped me remarkably. People seem to understand the situation without knowing and and will say a lot of stuff that makes sense without me even mentioning certain things that have happened. Which makes me think it's true, that he has just been using me.

He went on three dates with this blonde girl that didn't want to see him again, and cried about it to his friends and colleagues and talked about her. I have been seeing him for nearly two years and he has never mentioned me to anyone.

Doctors that I work with have met my family. Been to my house. Know all about me. And they are just work colleagues. I have been seeing him for two years and he doesn't know my address, my friends of family, or even my surname. All he does is talk about himself. He has never once asked about me.

I asked him before why we can't be together and he said that he didn't want to get attached. But if that is the case why is he dating other girls telling them he wants a relationship?

When I first posted in this forum I was hoping that people would say he must actually like me, being jealous, and that I should hang on in there.

The opposite has happened but I feel my eyes are opened. I had already realised he doesn't love me. I had already realised I will never be good enough. But it's dawning on me that I am less than nothing to him. He treats me like I am subhuman. And this is why I am overweight. I eat to feel better. And then I hate myself. It won't end until he is out of my life.

I have to cut him out. Hopefully I can replace him with healthy eating and exercise. When I did this briefly before I put on weight as I figured I didn't have him to look good for anymore. But this time it's different this time I will be doing it for me.
    It hurts that all I have ever done for that man is been supportive and loved the bones of him. I've made sure he eats properly cleaned his toilet organised counselling for him spoke at length about his problems been tried to please him physically and all I've ever been told is that he "can't get used to me". Mostly he couldn't get used to me being darker than the blondes he usually dated yet he got used to me just fine physically and would get used to me very often. So if I ever do see him again and he tries it I will tell him racial mixing is wrong in his eyes and therefore he shouldn't be mixing with me at all.

Thankyou MFP'ers for opening my eyes x
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    So this is stressing me out, and when I'm stressed I eat.

I'm a 31 year old RN. Two years ago I met a 32 year old doctor. Handsome, tall, intelligent, sophisticated. I fell for him hard. A few months in he told me I was too heavy. And too dark...that he only really liked blue eyed blondes. I was so in love with him that I kept sleeping with him. But lately I decided I deserve more.

I joined a gym. Reduced my intake of junk. Lost 8lbs. Felt good. Got asked out by another handsome doctor and have the date planned. But I still love the first doctor and probably always will.

So he found out I'm going on the date. At first blocked me on whatsapp then unblocked me and apologised. Chatted for a bit and then asked if I'd like to go out for a drink. I told him no as I have a date. He said leave me alone then so I said I will.

Problem is I adore this man. If I thought for a second he liked me I would go to him. But this has happened before. He told me he loved me once asked me to be his girlfriend (after interrupting a date I hate and threatening the guy).....the next day he acted like it hadn't happened. Went back to ignoring me.

What should I do? I feel like eating a huge pizza! Don't want this to derail me :-(

This is a power game and mentally abusive. Get out now!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Honey, I'm going to be really blunt - you're not a potential girlfriend to this guy, in his eyes you're basically a hooker he doesn't have to pay. That's how he sees you. Convenient no-strings-attached nookie with someone he doesn't feel he owes anything to and doesn't have an emotional connection with.

He manipulates you because he likes free nookie and toilet cleaning, and your adoration plays to his ego. He doesn't care enough about you to hurt himself over you, so forget that rubbish - he knows that he gets you two ways by saying crap like that - it not only makes you afraid for him because you care, it throws enough of a bone to your ego that you'll come back ("Oh, if he's suicidal about me being gone, he must actually care about me!")

You're a toy that he likes to play with at his convenience and put on a shelf when he doesn't. He doesn't like you dating because he doesn't like other kids playing with his toys. But you're not his favourite toy, and when he finds a toy he likes better, you'll be on the kerb with the rest of the toys he's outgrown.

If you cut him lose before he's ready to get rid of you, of course he will throw a tantrum. All little boys throw tantrums when someone takes away a toy they aren't done with. But that doesn't mean he values you, or cares, or will ever change. He's just spoiled and possessive.

You can't be friends with someone like this, he'll have you his way or not at all. There's no point trying to reframe the relationship - there isn't one.

Cut all ties, don't cave into his whining or begging or stupid crap. Just get out. There's nothing redeemable here.
  • tanny684
    Options
    Honey, I'm going to be really blunt - you're not a potential girlfriend to this guy, in his eyes you're basically a hooker he doesn't have to pay. That's how he sees you. Convenient no-strings-attached nookie with someone he doesn't feel he owes anything to and doesn't have an emotional connection with.

He manipulates you because he likes free nookie and toilet cleaning, and your adoration plays to his ego. He doesn't care enough about you to hurt himself over you, so forget that rubbish - he knows that he gets you two ways by saying crap like that - it not only makes you afraid for him because you care, it throws enough of a bone to your ego that you'll come back ("Oh, if he's suicidal about me being gone, he must actually care about me!")

You're a toy that he likes to play with at his convenience and put on a shelf when he doesn't. He doesn't like you dating because he doesn't like other kids playing with his toys. But you're not his favourite toy, and when he finds a toy he likes better, you'll be on the kerb with the rest of the toys he's outgrown.

If you cut him lose before he's ready to get rid of you, of course he will throw a tantrum. All little boys throw tantrums when someone takes away a toy they aren't done with. But that doesn't mean he values you, or cares, or will ever change. He's just spoiled and possessive.

You can't be friends with someone like this, he'll have you his way or not at all. There's no point trying to reframe the relationship - there isn't one.

Cut all ties, don't cave into his whining or begging or stupid crap. Just get out. There's nothing redeemable here.

Thankyou, this post hit home again. Everything you said made sense.

I am his toy to play with....he did it before where he said he loved me and wanted me to get me away from a guy I was dating and then when I went to him immediately changed his mind. He didn't want me at all, he just didn't want the other guy to have me.

I am of shockingly low value to him. One time, I parked in his car park and I asked if I needed a permit. He swore to me you didn't need a permit. Yet when I was in his apartment I found a letter on the kitchen table stating all residents had to know you needed a permit to park. So I got a ticket, which he promised to pay. He never did. And yet this blonde girl he dated, he paid for everything for her and bought her flowers etc. He's never even bought me a drink.

Allowing myself to feel angry and feel the pain is helping. Although I wouldn't say I'm over him your post struck a chord so much that I feel enraged at him. I am going to try to keep this feeing of rage so that I can use it as protection f he contacts me. And, will obviously block and delete.

Thankyou for your post xxx
  • klkarlen
    edited December 2016
    Options

Thankyou, this is great advice. I always felt that I deserved the substandard treatment because I'm so fat and ugly that I was lucky a guy in his league was even considering me. But I'm starting to think that's the problem, I need to work on me. Plan to take time out of dating and build my self esteem a little. Thankyou for your post xxx

All of this^^^ Good for you! Feel free to join us on the Singles Hangout in this section of the forums, we are super supportive, and fun, which will help keep you from falling into old habits.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Dude sounds like he's mentally a 13 year old girl where relationships are concerned. Drop his *kitten*. You'll think yourself later.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You make plenty good money. You don't need his. He doesn't need his either. Nurses and doctors have the most creative, devious, and demented minds. Use yours.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    The guy is cancer.
  • tanny684
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    He sounds Borderline to me.
    138shades wrote: »
    He sounds Borderline to me.

My best friend is a junior doc on psych rotation and after about two minutes he diagnosed this guy with a personality disorder
  • tanny684
    Options
    The guy is cancer.

For me he is yeah x
  • tanny684
    Options
    You make plenty good money. You don't need his. He doesn't need his either. Nurses and doctors have the most creative, devious, and demented minds. Use yours.

I was never with him for his money, although he earns way more than me I paid for everything. I know a lot of demented health professionals haha