Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    I'm hoping the converse is also true and that I no longer wither and die in the face of heat... particularly as I'm traveling to tropical Africa soon... :smiley:

Definitely true for me. I handle heat and humidity much better than when I had 90lbs of insulation to haul around. I also no longer have sweat stains on all my white shirts. I used to think it was my laundry detergent, but nope. I just sweat a lot - even in cooler weather or air conditioning.

Enjoy your trip, it sounds amazing!
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    rankinsect wrote: »
    I'm hoping the converse is also true and that I no longer wither and die in the face of heat... particularly as I'm traveling to tropical Africa soon... :smiley:

I'd be interested in the answer to this one! Not that I plan to travel anywhere, but it can get quite hot (to me, anyway) here in the summer (on and off, fortunately, not constant heat!) and I really dislike it. Plus it makes my feet and ankles puff up. So I'm really hoping that I won't feel so hot next summer!

(I don't like being cold either, but at least you can put on extra layers or turn up the heating in that case! ;) And after a couple of mild winters we've suddenly been hit with some very cold temperatures and I'm having to wear a minimum of three layers indoors. I wore five to go out this morning, and I'm so glad I can fit into my really good winter coat again. I miss my thicker layer of blubber right now, and I still have some of it left so I'm already dreading next winter...!)

I find myself handling the hot dry Summers a lot better, but if I'm being a bit of a sloth I still find that my feet and ankles swell up (even more so if it's humid). Granted, I still have about 20kg to go, so maybe it'll change in another year. Being in a place that doesn't snow, I don't have to worry about the cold too much, but I'm definitely noticing it more on the days that its only 1 or 2 degrees above freezing.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    I'd be interested in the answer to this one! Not that I plan to travel anywhere, but it can get quite hot (to me, anyway) here in the summer (on and off, fortunately, not constant heat!) and I really dislike it. Plus it makes my feet and ankles puff up. So I'm really hoping that I won't feel so hot next summer!

(I don't like being cold either, but at least you can put on extra layers or turn up the heating in that case! ;) And after a couple of mild winters we've suddenly been hit with some very cold temperatures and I'm having to wear a minimum of three layers indoors. I wore five to go out this morning, and I'm so glad I can fit into my really good winter coat again. I miss my thicker layer of blubber right now, and I still have some of it left so I'm already dreading next winter...!)

I find myself handling the hot dry Summers a lot better, but if I'm being a bit of a sloth I still find that my feet and ankles swell up (even more so if it's humid). Granted, I still have about 20kg to go, so maybe it'll change in another year. Being in a place that doesn't snow, I don't have to worry about the cold too much, but I'm definitely noticing it more on the days that its only 1 or 2 degrees above freezing.

Good to know, thank you! It's very dry here so there's not generally an issue with humidity, but I think the swelling might be some combination of heat, inactivity and excess weight (along with hormonal input at times, most likely!). I've been checked out by my doctor and she couldn't find any medical reason for it. I did notice that it didn't happen quite so much this summer as last year, so I'm hoping that next year will be even better!
  • rckeys88
    rckeys88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Adjustable chairs remain adjustable instead of bottoming out.
    Sleeping better, I think at my peak weight I was borderline with sleep apnea.
    I was surprised at how little weight loss it took to get off diabetic meds.

Agree on adjustable/folding chairs
    Not having someone direct you to chairs they prefer you sitting on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!