Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    How much easier it is to fold smaller clothes. Just folded a pair of my old 50" jeans, and a XXXL shirt, and it too longer/was harder than folding a pair of 36" jeans and a M shirt.
  • Manda8494
    Manda8494 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm back after gaining back the 47 lbs plus more from 2006 so I'm starting over, but how amazing it was to be able to reach more of my back in the shower, shaving my legs in the shower was so nice. Feeling my collarbone...ect EVERYTHING. I can't wait to notice all that small stuff again!
  • cside691
    cside691 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow where to start:
    - was quite offended when someone said they could see I had lost weight in my neck! Until an old friend told me that I had a beautiful slim neck
    - Wondering why all my knicker elastic had gone but it hasn't they are all just too big
    - Being able to run/jog
    - Saying no to food because I really don't want it
  • lbrodnax83
    lbrodnax83 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ScrAgnX wrote: »
    How much easier it is to fold smaller clothes. Just folded a pair of my old 50" jeans, and a XXXL shirt, and it too longer/was harder than folding a pair of 36" jeans and a M shirt.

Have you also noticed how much LESS space smaller clothes take up???

• WeekendWarriorTX
    WeekendWarriorTX Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Beanogirl wrote: »
    My bottom hurts when I sit on a hard seat. I can live with it though! :)

That was when I realized I was really losing weight. I was sitting on a concrete bench waiting for the bus on campus and my butt bones got sore without all the padding.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Being able to get out of the car more easily in tight parking spaces.
    (Or this is perhaps the other way round - I didn't realise until i lost the weight that this was actually mostly a problem because I was overweight...!)
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I had gotten myself a pair of skinny jeans for when i got out on , din not get around to wearing them for a few months, and now they are to big.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    The skin on my face (and everywhere else) was taut because of the extra layers of fat. Now that layer is gone my skin isn't stretched out anymore and that causes. . . wrinkles!
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options

That was when I realized I was really losing weight. I was sitting on a concrete bench waiting for the bus on campus and my butt bones got sore without all the padding.

Portable seat cushions! :D
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The skin on my face (and everywhere else) was taut because of the extra layers of fat. Now that layer is gone my skin isn't stretched out anymore and that causes. . . wrinkles!

Dude, I hear ya. Meeeee toooooo.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options

I actually just bought a mattress topper. My mattress is a little hard now and my bones (shoulders, shoulderblades, hips) are sometimes sore in the morning. Hopefully this will help, because I can't afford a new mattress right now.
  • BerryDanish
    BerryDanish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    20lbs into a goal of 115lb loss, and I find I crave exercise. We're in the middle of a cyclone and I'm stuck inside and can't go out for a run and it actually really pissed me off! Never thought I'd be the one that loves exercise! Can't wait to lose the rest of it so I can experience some of these other things y'all are mentioning!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    20lbs into a goal of 115lb loss, and I find I crave exercise. We're in the middle of a cyclone and I'm stuck inside and can't go out for a run and it actually really pissed me off! Never thought I'd be the one that loves exercise! Can't wait to lose the rest of it so I can experience some of these other things y'all are mentioning!

Sometimes I get like that, so just run up and down the stairs in my house for 20 minutes or so.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options

I get like this, I get antsy. I was on a long weekend girls trip and could not sit still. My travel partners couldn't understand :) For the last month it has been back pain keeping me from working out like I want. Finally getting better thankfully. I need my gym time
  • anewghost
    anewghost Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It hurts to sit for more than 15 minutes(and cushioned chairs are worse than hard plastic/wooden ones for some reason)

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    On the negative side: I swear, my a** looks like a bulldog's face, from the loose skin. (Yeah, TMI, I know.)

More than compensated for by dramatically reduced knee pain, normal/healthy blood pressure, normal/healthy cholesterol & triglycerides, and a truly surprising degree of improvement in my general sense of well-being and happiness. I wonder whether the latter is from reduced inflammation in my body, or something. Don't care why, though, at root: It's excellent. So worth it.

I totally feel you there. If I could describe my legs, they'd be an orange with everything taken out of it, juiced, then put back in. Dimpled, wobbly, and no structure. There's a lot of muscle there, but what surrounds it... firm or perky isn't how I'd describe it.

It's always worth it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!