Juice cleanse

Options

Replies

• neeve86
    neeve86 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've done it a few times in the past and it just flat out doesn't work - you regain all the weight you 'lose' as soon as you start eating solid foods again. Plus it makes you miserable and hangry. No bueno.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @Alyssa_Is_LosingIt actually there are a few oral preparations that are intended to neutralize toxins as ingested (still in stomach). One of these is activated charcoal.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/charcoal-activated-oral-route/description/drg-20070087
  • AriesGal329
    AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Why do people come onto this forum, ask if anyone else has done it, get answers by people who have done it or know people who have done it correctly telling them it's a waste of money and time, then blow all of those people off?

I'm not blowing anyone off. If you read my original post, I was not asking for any advice-- I was looking for people who had actually done it to share their experience with me. A few who have done it did respond, and I appreciate that very much. What I did not appreciate was unsolicited advice from people who have not tried it. They are certainly entitled to their opinions, but that isn't what I was asking for. I also did not appreciate being called an idiot (I have blocked those people on MFP mail), a fool, or stupid for being "scammed." Boy, people can really be rude to complete strangers. I'm really sorry I ever posted this and will think again before ever starting a new post. Again, thank you to the people who shared their experiences with me...I appreciate it and it was very helpful. Peace out.
  • RackingUpMiles
    RackingUpMiles Posts: 15 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    56742495.jpg

Like most people here I implore you to re-think that cleanse, it's not needed...
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Ok to those of you who are sending me private emails telling me how stupid I am and that I got scammed, please stop. My original post was merely asking if anyone had done it. I wasn't asking anyone's opinion of my decision making ability or how I choose to spend my money. Geez, lots of judgemental people here who somehow think it's their duty to inform me that I'm an idiot. It wasn't very expensive because I got a Groupon for $89 for three days of juice. On their website it costs $185 which I agree is a lot. Ok I'm done with this topic.

Since you are clearly set on doing this, consider that the caveats being posted here might be more for the benefit of anyone else reading this and thinking of trying it, too.

$185 for three days of juice? What the heck's in it? Other than derp and woo, that is. :)
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Well I already paid for it and it's in my fridge so dammit I'm doing it. Also, it's not just "juice". Some of them look really dense with veggies.

Take it back