Have you ever lost 5lbs in a week? Is it possible (aiming for a one time thing?)

Options

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    If only there was a way to time the stupid changes in the scale. I'm down .9 lb from yesterday but doubt it will stick tomorrow. Just seems to be the way it goes.

Also, most of the carbs are from carrots, apple, tomatoes and the bit of salsa/lite dressing or occasional orange juice I let myself have (no additives, just fresh squeezed orange juice). Oh, and onion.

Since you don't have a diagnosis I can't really give advice but tomatoes are a common trigger food
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    If only there was a way to time the stupid changes in the scale. I'm down .9 lb from yesterday but doubt it will stick tomorrow. Just seems to be the way it goes.

Also, most of the carbs are from carrots, apple, tomatoes and the bit of salsa/lite dressing or occasional orange juice I let myself have (no additives, just fresh squeezed orange juice). Oh, and onion.

Since you don't have a diagnosis I can't really give advice but tomatoes are a common trigger food

I love tomatoes lol as a vegetarian idk if I could or would go without those. I might prefer misery. Ill find out soon enough though
  • Verity1111
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I broke a bit from my diet because sick :( wanted crackers with my soup so I let myself. Still doing good. 3-4 days left! Need to lose about 2lbs. I will check my weight tomorrow and update. ^_^ On the menu for tomorrow broccoli and cauliflower with a little cheese, an apple with a little whip cream and I don't know what else. Then the next day guacamole. I need to pick up some cilantro for that first. :smile:
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    *hugs* I hope you feel better soon. Feeling sick while trying to meet a goal isn't the most fun place to be. Make sure you drink plenty.

Maybe some peanut butter with that apple tomorrow? I hear it goes together really well and would give you some fat and traces of protein (that is if you actually like that stuff. :wink: )
  • Verity1111
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    *hugs* I hope you feel better soon. Feeling sick while trying to meet a goal isn't the most fun place to be. Make sure you drink plenty.

Maybe some peanut butter with that apple tomorrow? I hear it goes together really well and would give you some fat and traces of protein (that is if you actually like that stuff. :wink: )

I hate peanut butter lol like with a passion
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

I hate peanut butter lol like with a passion

I like you more and more. I hate the stuff too but I know I'm in the minority :tongue:
  • Verity1111
    edited December 2016
    Options
    UPDATE:
    Starting Weigh-In on 12/10/2016: 205.4
    Weigh-in 12/13/2016 202
    Weigh-In 12/15/2016: 200.6!!! Woohoo!

SO close! 3 days left :) If I can keep off what is off and get off a little bit more I will have lost my 5lbs in 8 days as I'd hoped! I might have a chance at winning ^_^ My goal was also to be under 200lbs. I have been at this for going on 6 weeks!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you can, cut carbs a bit more for that last three days. It may be brutal, but generally effective.
  • Verity1111
    edited December 2016
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    If you can, cut carbs a bit more for that last three days. It may be brutal, but generally effective.

Well, I am only .6lbs away from my ultimate goal and .2lbs away from my 5lbs goal, plus I have 3 days. I have been steadily losing so I think I'll do fine. I have lost 4.8lbs in 5 days or less. :) Not sure I'll need to cut carbs lol
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

Well, I am only .6lbs away from my ultimate goal and .2lbs away from my 5lbs goal, plus I have 3 days. I have been steadily losing so I think I'll do fine. I have lost 4.8lbs in 5 days or less. :) Not sure I'll need to cut carbs lol

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I would cut carbs and on the day of the weigh in stay fasted with minimal water until the weigh in. No point ruined your "hard work".
  • Verity1111
    edited December 2016
    Options

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I would cut carbs and on the day of the weigh in stay fasted with minimal water until the weigh in. No point ruined your "hard work".
    I guess lol and it was actual hard work originally. I've been at this for 6 weeks. I will have lost about 20lbs. I will admit 4 was water because I ate a lot of sodium in ordered pizza a bit before I joined/heard of the contest but other than that I still lost most of that the "normal" way. about 2lbs per week for 5 weeks (not including the water weight I had put on overnight) The weight I am losing now actually seems to be staying off. It goes a little up each day and then back down the next morning with added loss. I am weighing twice a day sometimes just to see how my weight fluctuates, for fun and knowledge of how my body seems to work. It's enlightening.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

I guess lol and it was actual hard work originally. I've been at this for 6 weeks. I will have lost about 20lbs. I will admit 4 was water because I ate a lot of sodium in ordered pizza a bit before I joined/heard of the contest but other than that I still lost most of that the "normal" way. about 2lbs per week for 5 weeks (not including the water weight I had put on overnight) The weight I am losing now actually seems to be staying off. It goes a little up each day and then back down the next morning with added loss. I am weighing twice a day sometimes just to see how my weight fluctuates, for fun and knowledge of how my body seems to work. It's enlightening.

Funnily enough I just finished a short 6 week cut and dropped exactly the same amount of weight. However for me 5-6lbs at least were water.
  • Verity1111
    Options

Funnily enough I just finished a short 6 week cut and dropped exactly the same amount of weight. However for me 5-6lbs at least were water.

Im sure it will be for me too since the last 5lbs were lost during this last 8-10 days and I was on a strict/new diet. lol. So I guess I did pretty good since I have not dieted or exercised in a long time... I have successfully but it has been a long time now. I am not looking into how I can tone at home without too much equipment ...if possible. Especially glutes and thighs. That might be my next task.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Lots of bodyweight exercises you can do, and more if you have some equipment to work with.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Lots of bodyweight exercises you can do, and more if you have some equipment to work with.

I might be able to get some small stuff (dumbells/kettlebell but not barbells and maybe some other small things) but we have a super super tiny apartment. Like I have an exercise machine but its in my kitchen...and it wont even fit a table and chairs in there (even without the machine) and with the machine we can barely open the fridge lol
  • manda00629
    manda00629 Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Not to worry, there is so much you can do with just your own bodyweight without any equipment! Youtube is great for finding free workouts.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    manda00629 wrote: »
    Not to worry, there is so much you can do with just your own bodyweight without any equipment! Youtube is great for finding free workouts.

I can buy some dvds and stuff :) I just cant get big items. I used Jillian Michaels DVDs in the past a few times. Do you think any of those could help tone?
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Keto-Keep carbs under 20gm/day and use your carbs for veggies. Some veggies cause bloat, like the cruciferous varieties so I'd stay away from those for the week. Fish, fish, fish. I don't know why but during weeks when I eat fish 2-3 days, I have a great loss (you can eat shrimp!).

Eat your daily calorie allotment according to MFP.

Drink a lot of water. I'd aim for a gallon/day.

I'd skip any exercise that'll make your muscles retain water for that week. Do lots of walking. Get enough sleep. Avoid alcohol while trying to lose.

If you do the above, you'll be in ketosis in 24-48 hours and will lose water weight. Expect headaches and fatigue for the first 3 days or so.

Will you be drinking alcohol at your event? If so, know your alcohol tolerance goes way down in keto.

If you go back to eating a high carb diet afterward, you'll gain the weight back.

Have fun!